PDA

View Full Version : Who here codes ASP.NET?

Cebby
01-05-2010, 09:03 AM
I need to learn this as soon as possible for a project. What is the best way to go about this?

Online Tutorials?
Online Reference?
Book?

I am quoting it now and am having a heck of a time guessing what it will entail. Obviously I'm willing to eat the learning curve, but need to put a number to it - like yesterday...

I'm a HTML/CSS, PHP, MYSQL kinda guy, so if that helps (or hurts), LMK.

Lee
01-06-2010, 07:48 AM
Sorry man, wish I could help... I've never programmed in .net :(

here's a bump for ya.

Cebby
01-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks Lee - turns out the .NET part is very minor, so I'm not as worried as I was. Most of it's HTML to match an existing site, so it will be pretty easy.

Seanz0rz
01-06-2010, 03:28 PM
yeah the only difference between a language and a language with a .net after it is the stuff M$ bundled into it, which shouldnt be a problem for you. all the basic stuff is still the same.

i have no experience with ASP, but this is certainly how it worked with C++ and others, so i can be pretty certain its the same.

Lee
01-06-2010, 05:51 PM
thats not true with asp.net from what i understand... asp and asp.net are supposedly entirely different.

Cebby
01-06-2010, 07:35 PM
The wisdom I've heard is learn ASP first to support legacy stuff then dig into ASP.NET. From what I understand, some things that are easy in ASP are a PITA in ASP.NET....and so goes everything MS touches...