PDA

View Full Version : KOH 2010

Scuba
01-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Alright guys KOH is right around the corner, Since I missed it last year I'm going to try my damnedest to be there this year.

Who's planning on going and when are you planning on arriving ? I think im going to skip school on the friday the day the race starts and show up then.

I'm open to make some plans to meet up with anyone to camp out with and watch the race or whatever. I'm not the type to just show up to a huge event like this with no one to meet up with.
So someone needs to hold my hand
Troy ? J Money ? Chris (slosurfer) didn't you come down last year ?

The dates are February 8th-13th.
Here is the schedule http://www.kingofthehammers.com/schedules.php
I have school the whole week, but can manage to skip one class on friday to come see the race.

So what's up with it ?

troyboy162
01-11-2010, 12:33 PM
im gonna try for sure. just not sure what my plans are.

X-Tool Pimp
01-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Scuba just FYI the race day is Friday, all the pre-races are Monday-Thursday

Im going to try and get there on Tuesday depending on $$ and work but if all else fails I WILL be there Thursday at the latest!

Ill be in either one of these:
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc245/tonytoolpimp/FITD%2008/P1010029.jpg
OR
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc245/tonytoolpimp/bender%2009/P1010006.jpg

slosurfer
01-11-2010, 06:50 PM
I really want to make it. All depends on how my mom is doing and how work is. I may have to pull an all nighter like last time. Left Fri morning at 1:30am, got to the lakebed around 6:30am, watched the race, left around 5pm and got home about midnight. :laugh:

YotaGirl
01-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Joe and I will be out there. We're gonna head out sometime after work on Thursday and stay at least until Saturday.

troyboy162
01-11-2010, 07:35 PM
is there much going on there sat and sunday? or do the competitors split after the race? i might not be able to get up there during the week but id still like to see those trails and buggies

slosurfer
01-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Joe and I will be out there. We're gonna head out sometime after work on Thursday and stay at least until Saturday.

This time I'm going to watch the whole start and not race off to race mile 80 right away. :laugh: :flipoff:

X-Tool Pimp
01-11-2010, 08:23 PM
is there much going on there sat and sunday? or do the competitors split after the race? i might not be able to get up there during the week but id still like to see those trails and buggies

Mostly trail and camp clean up. A lot of the racers will leave Sat. keep in mind some of them will have been there for a week or two straight.

strykersd
01-12-2010, 03:01 AM
I'm planning on going, but I won't be of much help, I've never been out to Johnson Valley. After watching some videos of last years race I was wondering, can you follow the racers along the course, like every 10 miles or do you have to pick one spot in the morning and just camp out there to get a good view of the race? Either way I'm leaving San Diego late Thursday night and planning to be there anywhere from 2AM-4AM Friday morning.

Scuba
01-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Pat I think we would just have to pick a spot on one of the trails that's easily accessible by foot and park as close to it as possible, then hike it. I could be wrong IDK

X-Tool Pimp
01-12-2010, 01:15 PM
You can drive around from spot to spot but if your in the course you will become traction! Your best bet is to pick a trail and watch the demolition.

YotaGirl
01-12-2010, 01:25 PM

This time I'm going to watch the whole start and not race off to race mile 80 right away. :laugh: :flipoff:

Hahaha Yeah I know. We're just going to pick a spot and stay there. That was a fiasco last time. Oh and we're not bringing the kiddos this time, either.

Scuba
01-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Well it's good to know a good ammount of y'all will be out there. Chris, I'm for sure going to have to see you and say hi. Idk who I should tag along with.

Jenn, I lost your number :(

X-Tool Pimp
01-13-2010, 12:14 PM
:thumbup:

Here is the general schedule:

Monday February 8:
GPS Downloads and Pre-Running Open

Tuesday February 9:
4 Wheel Parts LCQ Day 1
Sponsored Party

Wednesday February 10:
4 Wheel Parts LCQ Day 2
Pit Bull Tires UTV King of the Hammers Race Tech & Contingency
Vendor Show Open 3 p.m. –
Sponsored Party

Thursday February 11:
Course is CLOSED to Pre-Running
Pit Bull Tires UTV King of the Hammers Race
Grffin King of the Hammers Race Tech & Contingency
Vendor Show Open
Sponsored Party

Friday February 12:
Griffin King of the Hammers Race
Vendor Show Open
Griffin King of the Hammers After Party

Saturday February 13:
9am Griffin King of the Hammers Awards Banquet
Friends Of Johnson Valley Breakfast
4 Wheel Parts Volunteer Trail Ride

Here is the main link:

http://www.kingofthehammers.com/schedules.php

It does not note the start time on Friday, but it has been at 8:30 in the past. This year they will be running til after dark....how late, Dave Cole has to decide.

The key is to show up early, buy a schedule and map of the course and figure out where you want to go. It is to be about 135 miles and 15 trails. Also, they have an exclusive use permit for the event this year, which means you cannot be on the race course.

X-Tool Pimp
01-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Bump :angel:

strykersd
02-05-2010, 02:23 AM
I'm considering heading out there Tuesday to get a ride in Pistol Pete's trophy truck...
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858773

Even if I do go on Tuesday I'll be back on Friday!

puulboy
02-05-2010, 04:58 AM
I will be caravaning with 4 others from the Phoenix area on Thursday. AZFJ Caravan
It would be cool to meet a few of ya out there

X-Tool Pimp
02-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Man you guys are missing a GREAT time..... Here are some picts from Trail Gear: http://www.trail-gear.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8323

Scuba
02-09-2010, 06:08 PM
It's only tuesday :asshat:

I'll be there thursday night/ Friday morning.

X-Tool Pimp
02-09-2010, 06:56 PM
It's only tuesday :asshat:

I'll be there thursday night/ Friday morning.

I know Its great having the Hammers in my back yard :tongueout: I will be there with the rig/motorhome Thurs pm come find me, straight down to the end of pit row hang a left and look for the Trail Gear flags and camp :thumbup:

troyboy162
02-09-2010, 11:08 PM
I know Its great having the Hammers in my back yard :tongueout: I will be there with the rig/motorhome Thurs pm come find me, straight down to the end of pit row hang a left and look for the Trail Gear flags and camp :thumbup:

hey i need 2 weeks notice before you evict me from your motorhome lol.

man i gonna miss it again. ive got too much time off coming in a couple weeks to get time off this week.

X-Tool Pimp
02-10-2010, 08:49 AM
just call in sick on Friday :hillbill:

slosurfer
02-10-2010, 06:41 PM
I can't make it. :( Have to work while I got it. :thumbup:

X-Tool Pimp
02-10-2010, 07:25 PM

You can still watch it live on-line http://www.pirate4x4.com/king-of-the-hammers-2010/live.php

strykersd
02-10-2010, 08:35 PM

You can still watch it live on-line http://www.pirate4x4.com/king-of-the-hammers-2010/live.php

It's not the same! Anyways I'm heading out there Thursday night after I get off from work

Scuba
02-10-2010, 11:34 PM
It's not the same! Anyways I'm heading out there Thursday night after I get off from work

What time you getting off work ?
I'm planning on heading up tomorrow night too..

Txt me ?

strykersd
02-11-2010, 01:39 AM
I get off from work at 9:30, then I'm picking up a friend and heading out there. I'll probably get out there at 1AM or so. I'll text you tomorrow

Scuba
02-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Hold the gates, me and pat are on our way :4x:

YotaGirl
02-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Joe and I had a great time out there. Thank you Tony and Debbie for letting us stay the night in your motorhome!

We got out there Thursday night and hooked up with the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers. After the "home" was set up we headed over to Backdoor to watch all the fun. There was Suzuki Samuri fully caged with a swapped in street bike motor. The driver was nuts and endo'd it twice trying to make it up the first ledge. He put on a great show. After the action died down there, we headed back to camp and hung out around the bon fire.

On Friday morning we made our way over toward Aftershock to watch some race action. Some how Tony, Deb, Joe and I ended up by the Master's Pits at the top of Aftershock. While cruising around there, we ran into one of Joe's buddy's, who was pit crew for one of the racers. He roped us all into helping out with the #20 car. So although we didn't get to see any actual racing, we still had a great time being right in the middle of it. Joe and I had to leave that evening to go pick up the kids so we didn't get to stay until the end of the race. We got a text from Debbie right after we got home that the #20 car finished the race. WooHoo That was a perfect way to end the day.

slosurfer
02-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Awesome! So bummed I had to miss it this year!

Scuba
02-13-2010, 09:09 AM
^^ today is saturday :P

I'll have my pictures up soon

YotaGirl
02-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Hahaha I meant Friday....