PDA

View Full Version : CL - 87 Toyota 4 wheel drive Van - $450 (Dillsburg, Pa 17019)

slosurfer
01-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Somebody on the east coast buy this!!!!! That's a screaming deal!!!!

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/1546713042.html

slosurfer
01-11-2010, 06:58 PM
An east coaster want to go pick it up for me and hold onto it for awhile? :hillbill: Maybe we need to do an east coast jamboree and I can fly out and get it then. :laugh:

Good Times
01-11-2010, 07:15 PM
wow now das cheap! I wonder what's exactly wrong. for $450 shoot I'll buy it :)

though flying out and driving back is not gonna be fun at all...

YotaFun
01-11-2010, 07:21 PM
You guys send me the money and I will go get it and hold it for you

YotaFun
01-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Heck on top of it I will do simple maint to it and see exactly whats wrong,
as long as you come pick it up eventually

YotaFun
01-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Just Googled It, I am 2 hours away, I can dolly tow it back home

Good Times
01-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Find out what's wrong it and depending on the exact conditions... shoot it'll be an interesting vehicle to play with :)

YotaFun
01-11-2010, 07:24 PM
No light on dash to me sound like it either blew a maxi fuse or the connection on the bat is not clean and good, bet if he cleaned the connectors and try again it might come to life

Good Times
01-11-2010, 07:25 PM
The catch is I don't want a rust bucket either. Though a new car to replace my accord would be nice...

That new LFA looks mighty sexy and the damn seats are f'in comfy!

DHC6twinotter
01-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Those seats look pretty comfy.

L33T35T Tacoma
01-11-2010, 07:37 PM
No wood stove on this one?

Good Times
01-11-2010, 07:39 PM
i wonder what the topper's seal is like. hey Chris, what's the mpg on this sucker?

YotaFun
01-11-2010, 07:40 PM
The catch is I don't want a rust bucket either. Though a new car to replace my accord would be nice...

Yeah Rust, but that area uses more coal and pebbles then salt so it might be saved slightly lol

slosurfer
01-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Rust on this one looks way better than what vanna's sportin'. :laugh:

I bet it needs a new alternator, alternator harness, and possibly a new fusable link. Fusable link probably being the first thing to check since it's not getting any dash lights. The other two will generally give you the christmas tree dash, which is just about every light being on. :laugh:

MPG is probably 20+ for in town and 26ish on the highway. Mine isn't exactly running top notch, has 217000 miles, and is always loaded with tools. I've yet to dip under 20mpg in town and the couple jobs I had where I actually had some freeway time, I was getting 25-26mpg. ONe tank bringing it home got me almost 29mpg.

YotaFun
01-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Well I was telling Lance, I e-mailed the guy for a good time to call.
Is the alt and harness a common problem on these Chris?

corax
01-12-2010, 05:13 AM
If you get this Avy, I have a tow dolly if you need to borrow it + the EZPull I go to has a couple vans like this (except for the 4wd part). Hell, if I wasn't trying to save every penny for a down payment on the house I'd scoop this up without a second thought.

slosurfer
01-12-2010, 07:32 AM
Well I was telling Lance, I e-mailed the guy for a good time to call.
Is the alt and harness a common problem on these Chris?

I bet it's gone, now way it should have stuck around longer than a day at that price. There's a guy on the van forum trying to get it too. :laugh:

The alternators are barely adequate on these so they can be a problem area. Also they are right below a probably leaking power steering pump which also kills them (ATF is brutal). From what I've heard/seen, any van over 200,000 has needed a new alternator harness, usually from internal breaking near the big alternator plug (mine actually shorted and ended up literally smoking my alternator). Most people ride with an extra alternator on board. :laugh:

My guess is though that this is the fusible link which is tucked up right in front of the battery box, right behind the front tire, so it gets wet/snow/salt/etc.. on it and can corrode. This is another common problem area.

YotaFun
01-12-2010, 11:24 AM
If you get this Avy, I have a tow dolly if you need to borrow it + the EZPull I go to has a couple vans like this (except for the 4wd part). Hell, if I wasn't trying to save every penny for a down payment on the house I'd scoop this up without a second thought.

Might have to take you up on that if the guy gets back to me, but like Chris said, its probably gone at this point

slosurfer
01-12-2010, 06:16 PM
It's gone!

Looks like it was the fusible link and one of the battery terminals bad. Some guy got his brother to go look at it, buy it, and now it's running! What a frickin steal! Apparently someone got there right after his brother and the guy was cool and let him still get first choice.

You can read about it here
http://toyotavanpeople.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7160&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

YotaFun
01-12-2010, 08:17 PM
LOL!
I new the bat terminals were at least a part of it.

For future reference if any of you west coast guys see a steel on the east coast near me, shoot me a pm if you want me to take a look at it for you