PDA

View Full Version : WHERE ARE YOU FROM THREAD...

Osiris
02-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Hi all - this is a thread to share where everybody is located. I know that location is provided when we all each read a thread and the poster's info is shown to the left, but I don't who is near me now as I have moved from VA up to CT. Could be a good way for the new people to meet some of the good guys (or gals) on here.

I want to know if there are any guys/gals on here from CT.

I am now living in Newtown, Connecticut

CJM
02-08-2010, 08:53 AM
NJ, 1 hour east of philly.

04 Rocko Taco
02-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Georgia, just outside (west) of the ATL.

4x4mike
02-08-2010, 09:30 AM
I live in Fair Oaks, CA which is a small suburb of Sacramento.

Seanz0rz
02-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Redlands, ca 65 miles due east of Los Angeles is home, but im currently residing near Cal Poly Pomona, about 25 miles due east of Los Angeles.

Scuba
02-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Temecula, Ca here. Smack dab in the middle between San Diego and Los Angeles. I have a crisis identity every now an again.

kregg
02-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Jasper, Al. An hour North of the 'Ham

troyboy162
02-08-2010, 11:15 AM
you gotta recruit some right coasters! its mainly socal people on here right now.

corax
02-08-2010, 11:50 AM
you gotta recruit some right coasters! its mainly socal people on here right now.

No kidding. I'm ~1 hour north of Philly, soon to be . . . uh, not sure yet

YotaFun
02-08-2010, 11:57 AM
The only popular wheeling is down south, and those guys usually stick true to there local boards, same with most of the NE guys here.

The NE I just think are too busy to do anything but eat, work, work on there junk, and sleep, I noticed the West coast is so much more chill to the east.

45 Min southwest of Philly

Seanz0rz
02-08-2010, 12:01 PM
I noticed the West coast is so much more chill to the east.

its all the good weather :D today it is chilly, 60 degrees for a high. stupid winter, i hate wearing shoes and pants. i long for the days of shorts and flipflops. beginning of next week. im not sure i can wait that long...

Osiris
02-08-2010, 01:02 PM
I know....All you CA guys on here. Doesn't help me finding a group here in mountainous, rock land. There is all sorts of places that I bet would be great to go in this area, but I am new and have no idea. Come on NE and CT guys...Where are you!?!?!?!?!?

troyboy162
02-08-2010, 01:26 PM
http://www.off-road.com/offroad/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=290896

thats probably not very helpful but most trails back east are on private property so your gonna have know a guy who knows a guy. networking with lots of clubs will help

YotaFun
02-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Another thing.
Most trails here are geared towards your Trail Queen Rigs and not your DD's.
And the thought of doing trails like Scuba Steve did that one run, were that night the removed his valve stems (I can remember details but can't find the link lol!!!)
Yeah doing that here is almost unheard of sometimes....

CJM
02-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Yea, trails around here are mostly geared towards super built up offroad only trucks. Ive been to both paragon offroad park (now closed) and it was ok for DD, not really that great overall (I think Avy would agree) and Rausch Creek which was good, but you needed a slightly done up truck to really run.

Thats kind why I swapped to quads, it breaks I am only out a few thousand at most-rather than the hard way I found out with the T100. Also tons of places to go riding quads here as the trails can be anywhere one will fit-unlike trucks.

One day ill build up a truck, nice SFA and the whole jazz, but nows not the time.

Scuba
02-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Another thing.
Most trails here are geared towards your Trail Queen Rigs and not your DD's.
And the thought of doing trails like Scuba Steve did that one run, were that night the removed his valve stems (I can remember details but can't find the link lol!!!)
Yeah doing that here is almost unheard of sometimes....

Lol the get hammered event?
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143847

ahh, fun times for sure.
The trails out here, most of the really fun (challenging) ones can be run in street legal dd's on 33/35's and full blown trailer queens on 4ds. Just gotta pick your poison..
Wanna wheel the hell outta your junk ? Trailer queen at the hammers.. Wanna have fun and drive home under our own power, wheel calico, cougar, some of JV, or big bear..

And that's why I love it here, tons of diverse trails with anything you could want.. All within 1-3 hours from my doorstep

:D

YotaFun
02-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Also, we have lots of water and weather and moss and just nasty mud stuff that you all are not to familiar with except on rare occasion.

DHC6twinotter
02-08-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm in Fayetteville, NC, which is just off I95, about 45 miles north of the SC border.

kregg
02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah, and we say "ain't" , "ya'll" and "git 'er done"... I wanna wheel California soooo bad... Mud pits and creek beds get boring after the 500th time...

YotaFun
02-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah, and we say "ain't" , "ya'll" and "git 'er done"... I wanna wheel California soooo bad... Mud pits and creek beds get boring after the 500th time...

Got boring after the 1st year of me owning the truck....

CJM
02-08-2010, 04:16 PM

Im from NJ (well originally from the woods/swamps) and I talk like that, then again Ive been told I belong in the south apparently. You can ask Avy, he thinks Im a redneck.

Got boring after 2x, I am still cleaning mud off and its been 2 years since I wheeled my truck.

04 Rocko Taco
02-08-2010, 04:18 PM
the south may be geared towards built trailer queens, and that may hurt some feelings.... but sure is fun for us trailer queens. ;)

YotaFun
02-08-2010, 04:21 PM
You can ask Avy, he thinks Im a redneck.

Just as much as me, I live next to Elkton MD, they are redneck there, that and I love the south!

CJM
02-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Indeed ya are lol.

slosurfer
02-08-2010, 05:20 PM
central coast of CA here :thumbup:

YotaFun
02-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Song Just Popped in My Head:

"I said where I come from
It's cornbread and chicken
Where I come from a lotta front porch sittin'
Where I come from tryin' to make a livin'
And workin' hard to get to heaven
Where I come from"

DHC6twinotter
02-08-2010, 05:50 PM
I love Bojangles, sweet tea, and WaHo.

CJM
02-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Alan Jackson "Where I Come From" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fECPON3Voh8&feature=related#)

troyboy162
02-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Also, we have lots of water and weather and moss and just nasty mud stuff that you all are not to familiar with except on rare occasion.

hhaa so true. you can go right up a vertical wall out here with our dry rock traction.... add some snoty mud, water, roots and things change quick

YotaFun
02-08-2010, 06:05 PM
hhaa so true. you can go right up a vertical wall out here with our dry rock traction.... add some snoty mud, water, roots and things change quick

exactly

Beve
02-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Tuscaloosa AL, UofA

Osiris
02-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Well, damn. Aint nobody in CT!

calrockx
02-10-2010, 12:19 PM
San Francisco.
i don't know of any other UYers in the city.

slosurfer
02-10-2010, 06:39 PM
There are quite a few actually. Most of them tend to hang out on the toyota120 forum, but they are on here for the pismo jamboree. :) mysticz, unionjack, etc...

You need to go to Roxies Market and Deli on Kirkham and 9th Ave. If Masa's there (mysticz), his 4runner is usually out there and he makes a damn good sandwich. Get their special on dutch crunch, it's awesome!

Obi..
02-10-2010, 10:59 PM
I walked forty-seven miles of barbed wire, I got a cobra snake for a necktie
A brand new house on the road side, and it's a-made out of rattlesnake hide
Got a band new chimney put on top, and it's a-made out of human skull
Come on take a little walk with me baby.. :tongueout:

*Really thoh. I don't know what to put even now that I am somewhat stationary, but still am all over here and the 3 adjacent states for weeks at a time lately. Umm I guess the deciding factor would be cell phone prefix.. S.F. Bay Area.

strykersd
02-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Sunny San Diego California! There's some decent wheeling around here...

JOSHH
02-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Living in Phoenix, AZ.

From Atascadero, CA.

ALEX_B
04-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Hi all - this is a thread to share where everybody is located. I know that location is provided when we all each read a thread and the poster's info is shown to the left, but I don't who is near me now as I have moved from VA up to CT. Could be a good way for the new people to meet some of the good guys (or gals) on here.

I want to know if there are any guys/gals on here from CT.

I am now living in Newtown, Connecticut

I'm in Anaheim CA, and interested in wrenching on weekends with anyone interested.

Drop me a email at BEREC<REMOVE OBIVIOUS>ZKY1@SBCGLOBAL.NET

X-Tool Pimp
04-19-2010, 04:00 PM
High Desert (Victorville) Ca. 3 hrs south of Vegas, 40 mins west of the Hammers, 30 min south of Calico well you should get the point :thumbup:

YotaFun
04-19-2010, 07:07 PM
High Desert (Victorville) Ca. 3 hrs south of Vegas, 40 mins west of the Hammers, 30 min south of Calico well you should get the point :thumbup:

I hate you lol
Lucky SOB

troyboy162
04-19-2010, 07:46 PM
I hate you lol
Lucky SOB

oh its not all its cracked up to be. picture everything you think about cali and throw it out the window. i like it just fine but no hot chicks or palm trees...we do have world class wheeling and perfect weather though

Seanz0rz
04-20-2010, 02:50 PM
I hate you lol
Lucky SOB

oh its not all its cracked up to be. picture everything you think about cali and throw it out the window. i like it just fine but no hot chicks or palm trees...we do have world class wheeling and perfect weather though

you just live in the wrong part of california...

DHC6twinotter
04-20-2010, 05:05 PM

Well bummer...now I've lost all incentive to move out there.

X-Tool Pimp
04-20-2010, 09:53 PM
no hot chicks

Wanna bet...... I think there just hiding from you :laugh:

troyboy162
04-20-2010, 10:46 PM
no hot chicks

Wanna bet...... I think there just hiding from you :laugh:

thats probably true but the beach towns have amazingly hot chicks. victorville...not so much lol. steriotypical cali is "down the hill" meaning everything west of the san bernadino mtns and angles mtns. but those places are further from da wheelin!

Crinale
04-24-2010, 02:06 AM
Born 'n raised Santa Maria, CA... located perfectly centered on the California Central Coast...

Very few good trails around here though, only Pismo Dunes (25 mins away), and high mountain (dirt access road with only one good 4x4 off shoot Garcia Ridge)

Still close enough to SoCal to go wheelin with these guys though :-P