PDA

View Full Version : Need: 3.0 93 T4run rebuild, knock sensor etc.

brhesson
02-20-2010, 06:09 AM
:P. To start thank you for any input or suggestions

Hello, my name is Beau.

I have always been a fan & recent bought a white 1993 4runner 4x4 3.0v6 project to daily driver canidate, with 157k & a beginning to fail HG.

The Story: :chair:
Towed it to my house & rebuild here we are. We tore down heads and hg failed due to poor workmanship on a replaced waterpump. It works, however old rubbergasket material was not removed properly and 3x as much was used on the install. This rubber chunked up and shreaded & was pumped around the water jacket & a few pieces lodged at cylinder 1 hg an caused a hotspot. Piston had some minor scaring but after very close measuring & fidgetting we determined that the piston was slightly offcenter & a bit of play had developed from the compression of the metal part of the hg that shoved into the cylinder. So we decided to pull the motor out & pull the piston & replace etc. No Engine swap, I know I know, but we decided not to in the beginning.

The Questions: :tapedshut:
I have read & been advised strongly to replace the knock sensor & wires in that area as well as the plastic trays that carry alot of wiring through the middle of the engine were totally dry rotted / cooked.
So...
1-Does northridge have said sensors & wiring or suggestions on affordable wiring / heatsheilding for this area? It's improbable in there but not sure how to go about it.

2-does northridge give discounts to any forum members

ntp1
02-24-2010, 09:46 AM
1. sorry for posting late, have been away from the forum.
hey we do offer the knock sensor and wire needed for your motor. we also offer a 20% off forum members and usually free shiiping on frist orders. you can call or email for the exact price. phone 818-532-3650 or email at fredh@northridgetoyota.com or rafam@northridgetoyota.com