PDA

View Full Version : All Pro rear bumper: opinions needed

toyNG
03-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Anyone running an All Pro rear bumper? I have the opportunity to buy one used, but am somewhat hesitant since I've heard that the quality isn't as good as Marlin's. Anyone have any experience?

The GOOD: it is local and is selling for $175, which would save me about half the cost once you factor in shipping costs.

The BAD: it already has a dent from where the owner got hung up. I have seen people come down pretty hard on the Marlin and not dent it at all. The dent in the all-pro makes me already question it's strength.

thoughts?

Seanz0rz
03-21-2010, 04:54 PM
buy it and modify it!

from someone who doenst have one, and built his own bumper

X-Tool Pimp
03-21-2010, 07:48 PM
THEY SUCK! THEY SUCK! THEY SUCK!
I had one on my truck and would Never put another one on. I can say I love the front but the rear SUCKS!
If you do buy it cut it apart and sleeve it :thumbup: for strength.

just my .02

toyNG
03-22-2010, 12:31 PM
wow. pretty passionate about that. How did it suck? Did it not line up properly? Was the steel weak? Poor design? all of the above? thanks

YotaGirl
03-22-2010, 03:15 PM
They are weak. My bumper dented and I didn't even hit it very hard.

X-Tool Pimp
03-22-2010, 09:26 PM
wow. pretty passionate about that. How did it suck? Did it not line up properly? Was the steel weak? Poor design? all of the above? thanks

All of the above. I twisted the right side up by hitting a small rock and my truck doesn't weigh crap in the rear.

I would look into Marlins or Trail Gears bumpers