PDA

View Full Version : Slow site here

Paul H.
04-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Lately I have been having a hard time loading UT and bringing up threads. In other words, this site is very slow to me. Is anyone else having this problem? I know its not the puter because all other sites I brouse(sp) are quick. :headscratch:

garrett
04-18-2007, 03:32 PM
It has been somewhat slow for me... then again, so have all the other forums. Probably just my connection...

Cebby
04-18-2007, 03:51 PM
We've been having a problem on the host's end with the database server. To be exact, the last 3 days have been problematic - we've had 3 outages in as many days. I've been on top of them - although that doesn't cure the problem, it does get the admins at the host to watch us more closely. As with any hosting, it isn't perfect. However, it's very unusual for them as they have generally been pretty good. It's a minor bump in the road.

Keep in mind, that slowness can come from many sources. There are many switches and routers between you and any given server. It is completely possible that given two identical servers running perfectly may have different speeds at a users desktop due to routing and switching issues based on where they are located. Our servers are in Kentucky.

paddlenbike
04-19-2007, 09:53 AM
I thought the server was in Bob's basement. :P