PDA

View Full Version : THE SLACKER THREAD

wifesaysimadumbass
05-12-2010, 01:39 PM
If you guys need a thread to post up your projects that you have neglected, you know the type of project. You have all the parts so it's not a money thing and you've wasted plenty of time playing video games and rc cars. Well there is nothing like peer pressure and public ridecule to get you motivated to get started or finish it. The parts are there on the shelf. You walk past the parts and try not to look at them so as not to instill you sense of guilt. Your wife gives you crap because it was part you "HAD TO HAVE." Well fear not slackers this thread will motivate your lazy ass to get off the HALO3 and get your sorry bones into the garage where you belong! It's time for late nights with beer and wrenches. To make you suckers feel better about your laziness I will post up my ultimate slack off first. Since I am king of the slackers you will begin to feel better and reclaim that spot on your garage shelf for you wifes worthless xmas decorations.

MINE:

SR5 gauge swap
part recieved about three weeks after buying the truck
completion date will be tonight

get on it bitches :flipoff: :flipoff:

4x4mike
05-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Mine aren't necessarily vehicle related by slacking nonetheless.

-Sanding a 1"X12" section of 3 interior doors in my house. The paint kind of sticks so it makes noise when you open and close them.
-Fixing my dome light. I think I've got a lose wire that will take minutes to fix.
-Properly washing both vehicles.
-Changing the fluids on the wife's car (I have half of them already).
-Completing version 2 of my 4runner awning. All the parts in sitting there.
-Spraying roundup on random weeds in the yard

It goes on and on. They are all easy tasks that will not take much if any money to complete, just time. I seem to have plenty of time to ride my bike (racing and double centuries), sit in front of the computer and to watch TV. I guess it's mostly priority but I have found enough time to hang out with the wife, child and get some sleep. This makes it all worth it.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/mezamichael82/Maggie/DSC_0394.jpg

Crinale
05-12-2010, 04:24 PM
i actually dont think i have any of those right now... except school essays :-P

randver
05-12-2010, 05:19 PM
hummm sand and paint my sliders.

oh ya and get a new job.

wifesaysimadumbass
05-12-2010, 05:41 PM
sr5 cluster is done tach works and now i have gauges f&^kin a!!!! now on to the other crap i will get a list going
mike kids are no excuse i have 5 kids and i just got a project done until you get something done you will be flogged publicly now get to it :asshat:

Scuba
05-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Touch up my armor
touch up some of the holes inside my bed.
Cut the door pins on the passenger side door ( for quick disco doors)
track down all my hand tools
buy a center cap and bore it out for a manual hub.
4 essays for my English class

wifesaysimadumbass
05-12-2010, 08:09 PM
weeeee hooooo i have a sr5 gauge cluster and it works tach and all post pics later ...

now on the list:
change all fluids diffs, trans and transfer (got the lucas on the shelf)
pressure wash all the power steering fluid from when i sprung a leak at superstition

kregg
05-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Just changed the oil in the truck... I'd had the oil and filter for about a week or so... Check off one of my slacker items...

DHC6twinotter
05-12-2010, 08:56 PM
-I have to take the tires off my old rims. They've been sitting next to the house for over a year.

-Find a better job. I wouldn't say I'be been slacking on this, but I haven't been trying as hard as I could be either.

-Replace my fuel filter. Have the part, just haven't done it.

-

04 Rocko Taco
05-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Just finished up a body swap, an SR5 gauge swap, and a complete rewire.

Need to finish the cage, bob the top to match the body, and finish stripping out the old body.

Ridicule away. Maybe I will get motivated. lol

Good Times
05-12-2010, 09:14 PM
* replace wheel bearings (driver / passenger)
* repack grease in the cv boots cuz it decided to spew its guts out a few weeks ago
* alignment... ugh
* repair headlamp housing and mounting tabs
* repair exhaust hanger (it broke)
* repair o2 sensor (it broke when the exhaust hanger broke)
* add windshield wiper fluid container and connect all of the wiring/tubing so it works
* repair airbag (it's not connected - then again maybe I don't need to connect it eh)
* repair any damaged wiring harnesses from the last trip (washboards can do a number on the most random crap!)

I have everything I need to fix everything but I'm just "lazy" or rather no time to work on it. Maybe tomorrow seriously! :tapedshut:

4x4mike
05-12-2010, 09:35 PM
sr5 cluster is done tach works and now i have gauges f&^kin a!!!! now on to the other crap i will get a list going
mike kids are no excuse i have 5 kids and i just got a project done until you get something done you will be flogged publicly now get to it :asshat:

Oh yeah you have 5. Hell if I had five I'd be in a coma, on the couch and about 400 pounds. Actually that doesn't sound half bad. I haven't been able to just chill for a while. Well I did address one door and raced my bike tonight. One day at a time.

kregg
05-12-2010, 09:42 PM
I'd be better about doing stuff if I weren't on the internet telling people about all the things I wasn't getting done...

I need to regear, tranny cooler, BudBuilts, Swaybar disco's, finish up the welding on the rear bumper, order a spare tire/rim, replace the u-joints... I've got a list, just no $$$$ or time...

I'm double majoring in Facebook and procrastination with a minor in web-wheeling...

Crinale
05-12-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm double majoring in Facebook and procrastination with a minor in web-wheeling...

:good: and i second that motion :-P

paddlenbike
05-12-2010, 09:55 PM
I started on my list tonight. I was overdue for an oil change, that is now done. I also cleaned up and repainted the rear control arms, shocks and rear diff after Death Valley sandblasted it all.

http://home.off-road.com/~kemanuel/4Runner/temp/rear_diff.jpg

Still remaining on the list are:

-sand and repaint rock sliders
-install HID ballasts and bulbs into my Hella Micro DE fog lights
-change the front & rear diff fluids, xfer case and transmission fluids with synthetic
-complete clay bar, polish and wax detail

non-car related includes:
-replace flickering kitchen flourescent light
-finish my backyard sprinkler system (install three new electric solenoid valves to replace leaking ones and three pressure reducers for drip, plus running the drip lines
-trim out windows in house. (sheetrock window surrounds aren't cutting it anymore)
-cut down two medium-sized liquid amber trees, one medium aspen tree and one small aspen tree

The house list is infinitely long, but those will cover the next five months or so.

oly884
05-12-2010, 09:58 PM
-build 2 decks
-finish rewiring my house
-painting my house
-painting more rooms in my house
-pressure washing my driveway
-build my garden beds
-replace windows and 1 slider in my house
-build my bar
-go shooting
-go camping (though that will be checked off soon)

Ugh.

Seanz0rz
05-12-2010, 11:55 PM
lets see, for the 4runner:

center console
paint bumpers, sliders, grill, door bottoms
rear bumper swing gate, mounting brackets to frame
ham radio install
rack lights
rock lights

all of those projects are in various phases from nearly complete to nearly started.

VW projects started:
strip interior
rewire

to be started and finished:
reupholster
new rubber all around
new headliner
new carpet
rust repair
new bushings, bearings, etc
engine overhaul/rebuild
sand, prime, paint
reassemble

other:
finish designing CNC/3D printer/Laser etcher
build CNC/3D printer/Laser etcher

my life is just one big half finished project. this list doesnt even include the work at my parents house, the g/f's car, etc. maybe someday ill finish all of these.

Obi..
05-13-2010, 12:15 AM
As long as Mike's throwing up a pic..Forget my making a list man, I'm a newborn-father taking care of a 90 year old w/ Parkinson's.

I live in sheer denial, you hear that sheer de ni al of all I need to play catch up on, let alone the "Honey-Do List". Leave it all be and just go out for a quick bike ride is my motto right now. :rofl:

When I can get more than 5 hours of sleep in any given night I'll worry about not slacking. Besides, I have my "Helper" to go tearing through my school/work bag for me apparently. MMM, drool all over my supplies, jersey, and hoodie..
:spit:

Look at that guilty smile and laughter..I wouldn't trade this for the world. :D
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3514/4603485870_d0ef662be5.jpg

4x4mike
05-13-2010, 05:05 AM
I started on my list tonight. I was overdue for an oil change, that is now done. I also cleaned up and repainted the rear control arms, shocks and rear diff after Death Valley sandblasted it all.

http://home.off-road.com/~kemanuel/4Runner/temp/rear_diff.jpg

Still remaining on the list are:

-sand and repaint rock sliders
-install HID ballasts and bulbs into my Hella Micro DE fog lights
-change the front & rear diff fluids, xfer case and transmission fluids with synthetic
-complete clay bar, polish and wax detail

non-car related includes:
-replace flickering kitchen flourescent light
-finish my backyard sprinkler system (install three new electric solenoid valves to replace leaking ones and three pressure reducers for drip, plus running the drip lines
-trim out windows in house. (sheetrock window surrounds aren't cutting it anymore)
-cut down two medium-sized liquid amber trees, one medium aspen tree and one small aspen tree

The house list is infinitely long, but those will cover the next five months or so.

:bling: Holy paint.

kregg
05-13-2010, 07:14 AM

Lol...

paddlenbike
05-13-2010, 07:36 AM

Only yours is cleaner

wifesaysimadumbass
05-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Ok guys im not talking about the projects you need money for! Only the ones that you have to do and all you need to do is get off your butt and do it! I finished the sr5 gauges last night only to realize that the check engine light bulb is blown now i have to tear it down again it will be finished tonight now

X-Tool Pimp
05-13-2010, 11:38 AM
I've been to lazy to finish my rear cage and install the harnesses. All the tube is hanging in the garage with extension cords hanging on them :laugh:

20005spd
05-13-2010, 04:22 PM
hahah this thread was made for me. got 2 4runners and both need work/mods YAY!

my lists are so long and im to much of a slacker to post it all up! but mainly i need to finish the rear chop i started, remove and add leafs to get proper flex and ride height, new u bolts, replace t case output shaft seal, remove cases and reseal them, buy and install a real crossmember, weld on diff armor that i cant find, block off rusty rear heater lines, clean and hope that the iac will fix my high idle, remove rear diff for solid pinion spacer install.....ok now im lost :confused:

wifesaysimadumbass
05-13-2010, 06:20 PM
tool pimp tony and 2000 5spd deserve massive virtual floggings.....As do I

YotaFun
05-13-2010, 07:02 PM
4Runner:
Make it 4wd again (Currently sits pre-runner right now.....)
Fix rear tire carrier
Install HIDs
Install Carpet
Install rear panels
Install OBA
Install All-Pro UCAs

Life stuff:
Clean out my room,
sell and give away stuff I don't need
Add to tool collection and look for a job
hopefully wake up from the nightmare of a life I have going on hehe

wifesaysimadumbass
05-13-2010, 07:06 PM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd81/wifesaysimadumbass/P5130069.jpg?t=1273802648
ha ha bitches 1 down 45,678 to go

strykersd
05-14-2010, 07:28 PM
For the 4runner
-bleed the brakes after replacing my LSPV with a manual LSPV
-change my engine oil
-redo my tint on my back window, it got cut up on my last campout
-start my second half door, I've had the first one finished for the last 3 weeks
-install new battery terminals
-replace lower radiator hose

For my civic
-install boost gauge and gauge cluster
-rebuild turbo
-finish tuning
-valve cover gasket
-make an intake
-install my larger DSM 450cc/min injectors

Around the house
-install new front door
-Mow front and back yards

Ugh, so much to do...

Seanz0rz
05-14-2010, 08:14 PM
oh and i forgot, fix my fuel tank skid or make a new one. probably fix the one i have for now until i can spend some time on a new one.

most of those projects i already have the materials for, but no time :(

wifesaysimadumbass
05-17-2010, 08:42 PM
three days and two slacker projects done. Got my air horns installed!!!! I ripped open the pack and couldn't wait to try out the horns and then they sat on a shelf for about a year.... NOT ANYMORE!!!! I cant wait till Marc gets nervous on a obstacle and right when it starts to get scary HHHHHHOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

X-Tool Pimp
05-17-2010, 09:47 PM
I bent the tube so I guess Im 1/2 way there :hillbill:

PAGE 3 SUCKERS :tongueout:

Scuba
05-18-2010, 12:18 AM
I finished my papers, now I need to study more for my history final.

Crinale
05-18-2010, 04:08 AM
heh... i have 1 essay down, 2 to go, all due Thursday...

My slacker projects on the 4runner are: (i have both of these sitting in the backseat of my runner)
- install new hole-free radiator :screwy:
- install new v6 steering box that DOESNT spew fluid everywhere :spit:
edit: i almost forgot, i also have my aussie thats been sitting since Christmas :ban: but that'll be in soon.

although, im not bein a complete slacker on the 4runner :wrenchin: :flipoff:

X-Tool Pimp
05-19-2010, 09:16 PM
I've been to lazy to finish my rear cage and install the harnesses. All the tube is hanging in the garage with extension cords hanging on them :laugh:

I'm done I'm done.... http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc245/tonytoolpimp/emocations/36_2_411.gif

well I have to add a down tube but that's easy and will come after the kid has a trip in it to make sure her head will clear :hillbill:

04 Rocko Taco
05-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Just finished up a body swap, an SR5 gauge swap, and a complete rewire.

Need to finish the cage, bob the top to match the body, and finish stripping out the old body.

Ridicule away. Maybe I will get motivated. lol

Cage done.

Stripping old body and bobbing top to follow suit soon, I hope!

corax
05-22-2010, 05:04 AM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/batardsalamano/random%20projects/100_6612.jpg
1 down (NMO mount and 2M antenna), now I just have:
- timing belt on the is300 (probably today's project)
- air deflector so I can drive with the rear window down and not gag on exhuast
- swap my LSD into the 4.88 frotn diff and install on 4runner
- finish aux tank wiring so the pump will shut off automatically when it's dry
- tire carrier
- center console
- finalize 2M and CB radio location
- hydraulic hood struts
- run a tube from the air box into the windshield cowl

CJM
05-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Lets see..

-Buy new truck after securing loan (working on it)
-Fix fender on T100 and sell it to highest bidder
-Finish fixing atv when cylinder comes back
-Install aux cooling fan on atv oil cooler
-Fix trailer I bought
-Fix lawnmower (in progress waiting on parts)

wifesaysimadumbass
05-25-2010, 09:18 PM
got the next one in my sights. went digging through the garage again and found the air pressure switch that I bought about two years ago... time to install it and make an in dash gauge for my air system

Cebby
05-26-2010, 07:01 PM
I win:

http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=107.0

Close the thread.

04 Rocko Taco
05-26-2010, 07:47 PM
game.....OBER!!!!!

Tanto
06-04-2010, 11:54 AM
I need to replace my driver's side uniball because I'm tired of waking up everyone on my street when I pull away from my house in the morning. Since I won't be able to fix that for a couple months, I'll just be an :asshat: and bust Mikey's balls for not getting shit done :flipoff: