PDA

View Full Version : Corral Canyon photo run? July 17, sometime early.

SharpStick
07-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Anyone up for some adventuring next Saturday? July 17, in the : AM.

Tankota and I were talking about going - by the way, the new motor in his Z sounds luscious. Anyone one want to come play?

I'm not equipped for anything radical, but I have a story request from Off-Road.com for a get-there/get-in story on the Corral Canyon area. Anyone coming with will be in the story in some shape or another. We can run the rim road (which ain't simple or girlie), play around and get some good pictures for the story. Then I'll make you famous.

STICK

strykersd
07-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm down to go! I have a co-ed baby shower (with beer pong :D) in Alpine at 1PM, so I'd be down to stop by Corral Canyon in the morning for a little wheelin! Would anyone want to run Bronco Peak or Sidewinder while we're up there?

SharpStick
07-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Excellent.

That's a good cutoff time, too - I don't want to spend the whole day out there, and I need to be back in SD for the Garage Hour by 3-4:PM or so.

We need to corral (no pun intended) a few more of the hard guys if you're going to run Bronco or Sidewinder.

STICK

randver
07-12-2010, 09:29 PM
i may be able to go but not sure.

SharpStick
07-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Meet at Four Corners at 8: AM? 9 :AM? What'cha thinking? I like 9: AM better.

STICK

wifesaysimadumbass
07-13-2010, 02:16 PM
i'll ask the wifey

NakSuKow
07-15-2010, 02:49 PM
I am down for Bronco. Either time works for me.

SharpStick
07-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Yahoo!

Remind me - is Bronco as hard as Sidewinder?

STICK

randver
07-15-2010, 08:45 PM
i think bronco is harder but sidewinder is more tippy

SharpStick
07-16-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm probably going to have to sideline those and just get shots of y'all on them. I'm still (long story - supplier problems) unlocked all over the place.

STICK

strykersd
07-16-2010, 11:47 AM
So are we still meeting at 9AM? It seems to start getting really hot around 10AM or so. I'm down to do Bronco Peak (not the connector), Sidewinder or Bronco Flats. Either way, I'm leaving the half doors at home and blasting my AC!

SharpStick
07-16-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm cool with 8: AM (hah, little pun there) if we can get some consensus on the earlier time.

I only need one thing - on-trail photos from the Corral Canyon area. I have only used Corral Canyon for photo shoots, so I don't know the trails that well - I'm counting on y'all to know more. If we can do the rough stuff, groovy, but good shots from anywhere on-site are fine so long as Toyotas are in 'em.

STICK

SharpStick
07-16-2010, 08:10 PM
8: AM or 9: AM? If not enough people say 8, we'll have to stick to 9, unless someone wants to go early at 8: AM, then get some shots and return to Four Corners at 9: AM.

STICK

NakSuKow
07-16-2010, 08:51 PM
9 is cool.

strykersd
07-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Ok, 9 it is then! See you guys in the morning

SharpStick
07-17-2010, 12:35 AM
9: AM it is, then. Funny that everyone keeps saying "cool", like wistful thinking...

STICK

Crinale
07-17-2010, 11:39 PM
how was the trip?

SharpStick
07-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Yay, excellent run. I even found a little body damage - the boulder chicane on Bronco Flats is getting worse now that the trail has been washed out. The stuff that was at tire and slider height is now at door height. Stryker got through cleanly, but the third-gens both gave up a little paint.

The story will have some very sporty photos, that's fer shur. Thanks to both NakSuKow and Stryker for getting my bus through the pinch.

STICK

randver
07-18-2010, 11:09 AM
wish i could have have made it. i love CC. cant wait to see the pics

strykersd
07-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Good run, it was just super hot out there! We ran Gunslinger to Bronco flats. It was just Justin in his third gen 4runner, Bill in his third gen 4runner and me in my first gen 4runner. Sorry guys I didn't take any pics, Justin has all the pics. What I learned was that I need to get a fan shroud for my cooling fan and to run coolant instead of water.

If anyone wants to head out to Corral Canyon some time just let me know. Bill and I were talking about heading back out some time to run Bronco Peak and Sidewinder. And when we go back I'll shoot to meet up there a little earlier, maybe 7:30AM or 8AM to try to beat the heat.

NakSuKow
07-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Stick has all the pics. It was nice to get out again. Looking forward to next time.

SharpStick
07-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Photos! Far more will be used in the Corral Canyon adventure get-there story that I'll fire up for Off-Road.com in a week or three.

This might be the last undented photo of my gen-three. Patrick's was the only 4Runner that cleared the chicane on Bronco Flats without damage. Bill's gen-three made it past with only the slightest nip at its flank (with Patrick's help). If Patrick wasn't so damn skinny, Bill might have made it through unscathed.

Bill and Patrick are excellent at stacking rocks, otherwise my green bus would probably have gotten it worse. Now that I think about it, it was Bill's experimental right-side high line that got me dinged... We made it through cleanly after that, again thanks to Bill and Patrick, but on the left-side line with some rocks filling the channel.

STICK

NakSuKow
07-23-2010, 07:25 PM
It will buff out.

Crinale
07-23-2010, 11:40 PM
good to see someone else wheeling the Goodyear Duratracs (the white 3rd gen)... they are good tires :-D

SharpStick
07-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Yeah, if I buff it with a crowbar.

STICK