PDA

View Full Version : Dad just bought an 06' Tundra, anything important to know?

Erich_870
07-17-2010, 09:06 PM
So got a call from my dad tonight. I guess he went and traded in his Nissan Extra that he just paid off in April for a 2006 White Tundra with the V8. http://www.larsenmotors.com/VehicleDetails/711717703

I'm not sure why he did it :screwy:, but is there anything important he should know about this model and year?

Crinale
07-17-2010, 11:50 PM
well i know he got the better transmission (the 5speed auto instead of the 4speed) other than that, i dont know anything about tundys..

Erich_870
07-18-2010, 01:11 PM
well i know he got the better transmission (the 5speed auto instead of the 4speed) other than that, i dont know anything about tundys..

That's something positive at least :)

Erich

CJM
07-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Grease the heck out of the driveshaft, when coming to a stop if they arent greased up alot (and I mean alot) the shaft causes what feels like a slight bumper tap from behind. Make sure the center carrier bearing for the driveshaft is good

RUST PROOF IT! Whatever method you choose and make sure you maintain it! The tire carriers rusted off these things like crazy as does the back half of the frame.

Also he will find the 5 sp will downshift for him when going down a hill or hitting the brakes 2-3x on a hill. It gets annoying.

DHC6twinotter
07-18-2010, 03:19 PM
'05 and '06 also had the VVTi engine. Make sure he keeps the timing belt changed when needed. The 4.7 with VVTi is an interference engine (not sure about the older non VVTi motors)

I like those tundras and wouldn't mind one myself. :thumbup: