PDA

View Full Version : Difficult Nav Bar

Tanto
04-21-2007, 03:39 AM
The new site looks good. It's great to see some old faces in here.

Anyways, it took me forever and a day to figure out that I had to click on the Forum Index link at the top to see all the Topic Folders for the forum and it could use a changing. I guess the dropdown menu threw me off :P

And what about a link in the dropdown menu for 2 (or more) shortcuts to the sections you browse most?

Bob98SR5
04-21-2007, 10:05 AM
ryan,

ok, noted your comments. we'll discuss in staff

...actually, we're just gonna make fun of you :flipoff: :D

nah, really, we'll take this into consideration. but can you expand more about "what about a link in the dropdown menu..." can you be more specific with an example of something you'd like to see? it sounds like you are asking for a user-configurable thing, which is probably not possible

bob

Tanto
04-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Well hello to you too Bob! :flipoff:

At least an actual link in the dropdown menu that says "Forum Home" or something like that would be much more obvious to newcomers.

As far as the user customizeable links go, it would be cool to have a shortcut to say, "2001-2004 Tacomas", "General Off-Topic", etc.

Cebby
04-22-2007, 08:11 AM
Sorry - there's no way for user customizable menus here (or anywhere else for that matter). Would be a neat addition if it was available though.

We can add a forum home to the menu list, but this is the first complaint with over 300 members. We'll let some others chime in and weigh if it's really necessary. The way it is now is the most efficient for users - not having to navigate down the menu, just clicking the menu heading. (BTW, Forum Index = Forum home)

garrett
04-22-2007, 10:00 AM
i think some people should give it a chance and get used to it before complaining :flipoff:

humanoid
04-22-2007, 10:35 AM
OK totally lost here, how can I find a list of the different forums on this site?

Bob98SR5
04-22-2007, 10:39 AM
alan,

press "forum index"

bob

humanoid
04-22-2007, 01:20 PM
alan,

press "forum index"

bob

Bob, thanks, I figured it out after I asked the question.

Allen

Tanto
04-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Not a big deal you said, Bob! :screwy:

:flipoff: