PDA

View Full Version : I fell victim to road rage this morning

TDiddy
04-21-2007, 09:55 AM
So this mrning around 10:00, I was on my back home form Costco. I was on a 3 lane road, not a highway by any means. In the middle lane, guy in front of me in a durango going about 25 in a 35 zone. People on either side of him so I wait to pass. The guy in the left lane passes him, I move over to pass and he swerves out real quick to cut me off. I move back in to the center lane, and he's now straddling the passing lane trying to get me to run in to the right lane. I can tell he's bitching as I go past him, and I flipped him off. :flipoff: I know, probably not the smartest thing, but hey the prick cut me off twice. He gets behind me, and at the next stoplight jumps out of the durango and runs up to my window, which was open just a few inches. He starts reaching in trying to grab my sunglasses and shaking my window with the his other hand. We're both yelling back and forth, and I start dialing 911. Some lady in a car behind him is hollering for him to get back in his car, he's telling her to F off and mind her own business. He knows I'm calling the cops at this point so he gets back in his car, goes around me and then gets in front of me going sreal slow. Perfect for me, made it easier to read his license plate.

So now I'm on with 911 giving a description of the car, plate #, location and direction of travel, etc. I told the lady I was going to follow him until he stops so I can let the cops know where he is. We end up in a grocery store parking lot, she says if he stops you keep going, we don't want another altercation. He ends up exiting the other side of the parking lot, she asks me to just stop and wait for the cops so I did.

Cop shows up, go through all the details. He said that he went about 100 coming up the other direction looking for the guy, but he must have ducked down a different street. He says if he would have done that to him (the cop), he would have had a .45 in his face. I said yeah, I have a CCW permit, but don't have my pistol with me this morning. Not sure if I really would have pulled it out anyway, but it would have been nice to know it was there should it have gone further. I know if my window would have been open any moreÍ than it was, it would have gone alot further.

Anywa, cop was very nice and helpful. He said he'd write it up as a simple assault and hand it off to the detectives, who will most certainly question the guy. Then its up to the DA to decide on prosecuting. Hope they do. Keep in mind this was in the suburbs of Des Moines IA. Not even downtown. Idiots are everywhere.

Bob98SR5
04-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Tom,

Dude, you got lucky, Tom. Man, for a former Californian with a CCW, i can't believe you didn't have your piece with you! Thats like a Californian's wet dream!

I agree w/ the cop and what I wouldve done what he recommended too.

Hope they nail the bastid

Bob

MTL_4runner
04-21-2007, 10:07 AM
WOW, seriously WHAT THE HECK is wrong with people nowadays.
If you're driving your vehicle on the road then just take a :chill: and relax people!

Tom, I'm glad you're ok and nothing serious happened.

waskillywabbit
04-21-2007, 12:45 PM
While I am certainly prone to the middle finger...having my boys in the truck has curtailed that greatly...and as a result I am a much more docile driver...but hey, I wouldn't have swerved in the F350...I woulda just MOVED him. :flipoff:

:guitar:

DNAhilux
04-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Crappy deal, but why get so pissed over a middle finger? I flip off more people in a day than IHOP flips pancakes. If Ontario allowed concealed weapons id be the first guy with one.

Robinhood4x4
04-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Tom, are you going to start carrying more often now?

Texas Jim
04-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Tom you need to carry all of the time! You never know when something like that is going to happen.

So the guy was diving 25 in a 35. Why would he give a crap if you pass,when you had the chance?

I was going down 235 late one evening around 11:30PM and this kid in a mustang comes up on the inside lane. (I am driving 75 in left lane in 55 zone)he must have been going at least 90,pulls up beside me, and starts cussing and flipping me off and throws a can out and hits my car. Little did the punk realize he had chosen the wrong guy. I was driving my old caprice with the LT1 motor and I just smoke it and catch up to this punk and he still flips me off and is waving his arms and shaking his fist. I just pull out my H&K full sized 45 tactical, and let him see it from the side, I just about laughed my rear of the kid smoked the brakes on the mustang and dived off the Jordan Creek exit as I was heading west. He almost stopped right on the freeway....I called 911 and told them what happened, they wanted the kids license number, I gave it to them, Gave them my name and address told them I show the kid my gun and I had a permit to carry. They were happy that I had done that because they had reports of this car terrorizing people from the east side, and though my showing him my weapon was a good lesson for the puke..

I don't know if they ever arrested him or not he may have been a minor. I don't know, but, that among other reasons are why I carry all of the time. TJ

TDiddy
04-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Yep, starting today I'm carrying.

neliconcept
04-22-2007, 03:14 PM
wow sorry to hear that happened, its a no joke when it comes to road rage, if i saw the guy coming to my vehicle, I would have run the red light without a doubt. no use in showing him a gun when he may have one himself or whatever.

Im one of those guys, run the hell away lol

MTL_4runner
04-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Im one of those guys, run the hell away lol

You and me both....I'll resort to the PIT maneuver then get the heck out of dodge.

Texas Jim
04-22-2007, 05:25 PM
That is truly what you are suppose to do. Try your hardest to get away. TJ

TDiddy
04-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Yeah, that's true, and it was stressed heavily in the CCW class. It all happened so fast though. Like I told the cop, who knows if I would have even pulled it out (the pistol that is) :flipoff: had it been with me, but its nice to know its there.

neliconcept
04-22-2007, 05:34 PM
definitely easier said then done, sounds like you handled the situation with excellence

xcmountain80
05-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Hmmm flee of flight? Well I had a neighbor show a piece and went to jail for a night, concelaed weapons permit and all. Here in FL you show it, it counts as and it counts as a lethal threat or something. My rule pull it if your going to use it and only then, if its coming out its going off! Thank God that has not happened to me I have allot of crap drivers here in FL. Now on the flip side to the story there was another friend who had a similar incident in traffic and as the guy came up to his door he got sideways in the seat the guy went for the door and he kicked it open on his face , then got back to his driving position and pulled off. I take my permit really serious and really don't want to hurt anyone but if some crazy ******* comes up to my window I only have to feel threatened to shoot.

Aaron

SLC Punk
05-11-2007, 12:44 PM
That's nuts! Glad you are ok.

surf4runner
05-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Thats like a Californian's wet dream!
:drool:

all ive ever had pulled on me is a cell phone some oxnard wannabe gangster tried to pretend was a gun :rofl:
they arrested him :thumbup: