PDA

View Full Version : gimp or photoshop people

fenrisx
11-03-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm trying to save an image as a gif with transparency, and I can't seem to get it done! It's a simple white to transparent gradient. If I save it as a gimp or photoshop project could someone hook me up?

Crinale
11-03-2010, 12:30 AM
weird... im trying and the gradient isnt saving... the bottom half of the graded area is transparent and the top half is solid >.<

some_odd_girl
11-03-2010, 12:42 AM
I just did some quick research and this is what I found: go to Save for Web and Devices. A dialog box opens up. I played with it a little, from what I could find, gif does not save transparencies, but png-24 does...

fenrisx
11-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Well I just saved it as PNG, and it didn't appear to be working until I loaded it on the webpage. The gradient stayed.

I found a few tutorials for saving a gif with transparency in gimp, but I was missing a step because my final save wasn't giving me the right options.

Thanks you two.

Crinale
11-03-2010, 01:04 AM
i think gif's cant save partial transparency well... it doesnt have enough data in the file, whereas PNG's are a larger file, so it can store enough data.. glad you got it to work :thumbup:

paddlenbike
11-03-2010, 08:00 AM
some_odd_girl--what's the story behind this beaut? Love it! http://www.ultimateyota.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=3197;type=avatar

Sorry for the off-topic, inquiring minds want to know. :)

4x4mike
11-03-2010, 08:43 AM
X2.

some_odd_girl
11-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Yay I'm glad you figured it out!!

Oh, I used to work at a coffee shop and a customer of mine gave her to me. Her name is Betty. She's not in as good of condition now as she was when I got her, unfortuently... I don't have a garage so the vinyl on top is getting cracked, and the dashboard too. :( She could also use a really good tune up and new tires. But over all she's still in pretty damn good condition for an older Crown Vic. :)

paddlenbike
11-03-2010, 10:13 AM
I want someone to give me a Crown Vic! I think your words "she's not in as good of condition now as when I got her" would likely apply to my situation as well. I can safely say that goes for Mike too.

some_odd_girl
11-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Yeah but you guys with trucks have an excuse. I don't go crawling in my Crown Vic. :P

paddlenbike
11-03-2010, 10:19 AM
But you should. :) Maybe not crawling but you definitely should have rocked it at Pismo.

4x4mike
11-03-2010, 11:24 AM
She's not in as good of condition now as she was when I got her, unfortuently... I don't have a garage so the vinyl on top is getting cracked, and the dashboard too. :( She could also use a really good tune up and new tires. But over all she's still in pretty damn good condition for an older Crown Vic. :)

That right there is a little slice of heaven.

I agree with Ken and Pismo. Add a flag and you're good to go. The roof is pretty good sized and would be perfect for you to set up on for photography. I could only wish someone would give me such a gift. I would smile every morning walking out to it.

Crinale
11-03-2010, 12:06 PM
haha. Betty cruises quite nicely too... very comfortable for long trips and gets over 20mpg on the highway if u keep ur foot out of it :thumbup: only really needs minor work

some_odd_girl
11-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Haha I've joked for a long time that when I move on to something else, she's going out on the dunes... but since she is my only for of transportation right now, I don't want to risk breaking something. Oh and she needs new suspension too. But Kevin is right - she cruises well, and can hit around 96 cruising (that's without flooring it) and around 120 flooring it... ah, the things I would love to do if I had money...

Sorry, fenrisx, that this turned into a discussion of my car. :P

paddlenbike
11-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Oh and she needs new suspension too.

The more you talk about Betty the more jealous I am. FYI, there is nothing better than a large domestic car with bad shocks. When you decide to part with her, let me know...I'll pay you twice what you paid for her. ;)

fenrisx
11-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Sorry, fenrisx, that this turned into a discussion of my car. :P

No problem.. my problem is resolved so I don't mind.

paddlenbike
11-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Feel free to take my posts off-track, as long as your off-topic posts are about large domestic automobiles. :)

some_odd_girl
11-03-2010, 03:27 PM
lol well maybe I should move this to it's own thread? I think I will. :P