PDA

View Full Version : forum related question

fenrisx
01-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Is there a way to edit the amount of time you stay logged in?

I'll be on the forum, and if I decide to make a new post I can't take my time in doing so because at some point I'll no longer be logged in. So, I'll have type up a long detailed post, hit submit, and then get taken to the forum index because I was no longer logged in. It would be nice if it would prompt me to log in again, and then post the message, but it doesn't. So I basically lose everything I typed up.

Crinale
01-16-2011, 11:35 PM
i never have to log in.. i always check the box that says "keep me logged in"

Obi..
01-17-2011, 03:30 AM
I'd post a reply but I just got logged out. :thumbup: :rofl:

I've been griping about that bit since day 1. Now if I do a post longer than 5 words I'll ctrl-c it before clicking post, or if I forget, back page, copy the text, then re-login and post then.

Honestly it's really irritating.

Is there a way to edit the amount of time you stay logged in?

I'll be on the forum, and if I decide to make a new post I can't take my time in doing so because at some point I'll no longer be logged in. So, I'll have type up a long detailed post, hit submit, and then get taken to the forum index because I was no longer logged in. It would be nice if it would prompt me to log in again, and then post the message, but it doesn't. So I basically lose everything I typed up.

DHC6twinotter
01-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Yeah, that's been an ongoing issue for me as well. I've gotten to the point where if I'm making a long post, I just do what Shane does and make sure I right click and copy before clicking post.

I like how ih8mud has their setup. If you get timed out, you won't lose what you've typed....just log back in and post. :thumbup:

Seanz0rz
01-17-2011, 08:30 AM
i never get logged out. but often times, stuff happens where i end up losing a very long post.

i always type it out in notepad, copy paste it over, and click post. if it comes up, i can close notepad, if not, i still have it on the computer to try posting again.

fenrisx
01-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Yeah... Every time I've used the back button the post is gone. Maybe CTRL+C is the way to go.

Thanks for bringing up the 'keep me logged in' button. I forgot about it because you can't choose that from logging in on the main page, and I don't know how to get to it otherwise. Where do I find it?

some_odd_girl
01-17-2011, 10:14 AM
I've never had a problem, but I've got the 'keep me logged in' button clicked too.

DHC6twinotter
01-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks for bringing up the 'keep me logged in' button. I forgot about it because you can't choose that from logging in on the main page, and I don't know how to get to it otherwise. Where do I find it?

It's a small check box right below where you enter your password. It's on the homepage.

Robinhood4x4
01-17-2011, 12:45 PM
The only time I get logged out is when I update firefox. Are you guys using the "keep me logged in" feature?

DHC6twinotter
01-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Nope, the computer I use is accessible by others as well, so I don't keep it logged in.

04 Rocko Taco
01-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Cody, its right where you type password and username at www.ultimateyota.com (http://www.ultimateyota.com) :hillbill:

fenrisx
01-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Oh, I thought the "Remember Me" was just so it'd automatically fill in your password and whatnot whenever you login. I remember seeing a checkbox that said 'keep me logged in' specifically I thought.

04 Rocko Taco
01-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Daniel - as far as sharing a computer, when I used to do that, I still used the "remember me" feature, and then just logged out before I got off the computer.

fenrisx
01-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Chris has staph! Oh, wait you're part of the staff! Thanks for the info though Chris.. I would have gone on thinking the 'Remember Me' was just to remember my password login info.