PDA

View Full Version : Mojave Road....April 9-11 2011

Marc P
02-25-2011, 09:15 PM
I have been wanting to this trail for a long time. Due to my work/family schedule, planning is tough. I have been talking with Chris (Slosurfer) about helping me lead this run as I have never been on the trail, and I want to see all the cool areas along the trail.

The plan is to meet at the Laughlin side of the trail early Sat morning. I have family a couple miles from the Avi, and if people need a place to crash I can probably help. We will finish on Monday...hopefully around 1 or 2pm.

Normal wheeling rules appy...have a vehicle that is in good working order, at least 1 spare tire, and enough gas to drive 150 miles offroad.

Looking forward to it!

Seanz0rz
02-25-2011, 09:19 PM
id REALLY like to go!

ill have to talk to lexi about it. cash is tight with the wedding and all. if i do come out it will be just for one of the days, likely the 10th or 11th.

its an awesome trip!

bring at least 2 gallons of water per person per day out there. even in the spring time it can get very warm.

Crinale
02-25-2011, 09:36 PM
i really wanted to make this one, but i would rather do Bernardino.. so, you guys all have fun! and be safe!

slosurfer
02-26-2011, 10:34 AM
subscribing! Time to get my book and maps out. :thumbup: It will really depend on how work goes between now and then and how bad taxes end up being, but this should be a really fun trip.

3 days will give us lots of time to explore other stuff off the trail.

Crinale, there are always people hitting up this trail from all the different forums. My first time was tagging along with a forum of people I had never met and I had a blast! Showed a bunch of H2 and H3's what an old almost stock 4runner could do... :laugh:

slosurfer
02-26-2011, 10:37 AM
If anyone finds a good gps file for the road, please post it! I might have one on my old gps. I'm sure there is a good one somewhere online...

Edit: I found the one that I used the few times I was on there. It follows really close to the book and worked really well, even on my little handheld gps.
http://www.travelbygps.com/guides/mojave/road.php

wifesaysimadumbass
03-02-2011, 01:31 PM
If you guys dont mind the diesel dodge comming along I might try to make this just got to make the finance end of it work

RobG
03-04-2011, 01:13 PM
If anyone finds a good gps file for the road, please post it! I might have one on my old gps. I'm sure there is a good one somewhere online...

Edit: I found the one that I used the few times I was on there. It follows really close to the book and worked really well, even on my little handheld gps.
http://www.travelbygps.com/guides/mojave/road.php

I've think I have my garmin GPS track file from 2004 but I'm not sure how to post it. It was Colorado River to Afton Canyon, should be the original trail from the guide book. PM me if you are interested and I can email it to you Monday.

I'm going to be out of town that weekend or I'd consider asking to go.

Marc, Congrats on the new truck. Really smart move, I'm jealous.

Rob

Marc P
03-04-2011, 02:37 PM
I like it Rob...but the guy in AZ that has my old rig posted a video that made me miss it. Overall I am happy with it. Fits my needs better now.

Hopefully a couple more peeps will join us. I may post up on Expedition portal to get a little more interest.

troyboy162
03-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I like it Rob...but the guy in AZ that has my old rig posted a video that made me miss it. Overall I am happy with it. Fits my needs better now.

Hopefully a couple more peeps will join us. I may post up on Expedition portal to get a little more interest.
after the mojave run you wont miss golden eye any more.

Crinale
03-04-2011, 04:52 PM
:good: troy

Marc P
03-14-2011, 09:22 PM
I am still planning this run...anyone else planning on attending from here?

slosurfer
03-14-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm still a maybe, but it's not looking great. :( Feb. was terrible for work and apparently I wasn't the only one. The tile store that I get lots of business through and buy my supplies through said that it was their worst month in 5 years. :( It's so bad that they can't afford to buy more supplies and now I'm having to pay out of pocket and get supplies at Home Crepot. On top of that, I'm still waiting for $$ from jobs I did two weeks ago. :(

Okay, enough pitty party.... I'm still going to try to swing it if I can.

Marc P
03-19-2011, 06:24 PM
I think I may cancel this run and join TTORA at the end of April instead.

slosurfer
03-19-2011, 06:27 PM
I think I may cancel this run and join TTORA at the end of April instead.

Might not be a bad idea. I'd have a better chance at making that one anyways.

Crinale
03-20-2011, 03:32 PM
what weekend is the ttora run?

Marc P
03-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Weekend of April 22nd-24th. They have a thread going.

randver
03-26-2011, 08:11 AM
i would love to go, but i just started my new job. and don't want to start asking for time off already.

Crinale
03-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Weekend of April 22nd-24th. They have a thread going.

i have til the 23rd off already cuz thats my spring break, but the 24th is Easter and i cant request that off work :(