PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Pismo Jamboree (Sept. 24th and 25th, 2011)

slosurfer
03-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Dates have been set for this year's Pismo Jamboree!

Sept. 24th and 25th, 2011

Most activities will be on Saturday the 24th and I'm sure people will start arriving the 22nd and 23rd. Stay tuned here for more info and also check into the website http://pismojamboree.com from time to time for updates.

Start planning now! :D

Also, if you have facebook, I will update via the Pismo Jamboree Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1333217188) as well.

Last year was awesome, let's make this year even better! :thumbup:

Seanz0rz
03-11-2011, 01:08 PM
pretty sure im coming to this one as well!

put down Sean and Alexus in a 98 4Runner with a bitchin trailer!

and if he is lucky, ill bring our personal cook, Dino!

Obi..
03-11-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm saying we're not going because every time I say we are things go the opposite way.

Reverse logic might work this round? ;)

some_odd_girl
03-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Hahahaha good thinking on the reverse logic.

DHC6twinotter
03-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Wow...dates are set already! You all are on the ball!

Unsure right now if I can make it this year. :(

Crinale
03-11-2011, 04:19 PM
I will definitely be there!

and heres to hoping i have my vehicle last through an entire Jamboree this year! :drink: :drink:

Kevin in a 92 4runner :P

Scuba
03-11-2011, 07:03 PM
FOOOOO SHOOOOO.

L33T35T Tacoma
03-11-2011, 09:14 PM
I wouldn't miss it.

stormtaco
03-11-2011, 10:10 PM
i will try two years ago kid was born last year had surgery and this year the new one is due begin aug fingers crossed :clap:

some_odd_girl
03-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Who thinks I can get the Crown Vic out to the camp site? Without someone having to tow me? :flipoff: Haha.... :P

slosurfer
03-12-2011, 06:50 AM
i will try two years ago kid was born last year had surgery and this year the new one is due begin aug fingers crossed :clap:

:thumbup: Congrats dude!

slosurfer
03-12-2011, 06:52 AM
Who thinks I can get the Crown Vic out to the camp site? Without someone having to tow me? :flipoff: Haha.... :P

Making it to camp will be easy, it's the turning off the beach and finding a spot to park and set up camp, which will be the tough part

some_odd_girl
03-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Making it to camp will be easy, it's the turning off the beach and finding a spot to park and set up camp, which will be the tough part

Good point.

malteserunner
03-15-2011, 12:45 AM
We'll be there again. Adam and Liz-87 4Runner.

4x4mike
03-15-2011, 08:07 AM

Hellz yeah. Bring the Vic. A couple of years ago there was a caprice or something like it going down the beach with a head of steam. After a little while the driver yanked the wheel left and gunned it. It appeared the goal was to make it to a camp, which it appeared to do, and it was awesome. I think they played all weekend and pulled it out on Sunday. There will be plenty of folk to yank your baby out (sounds weird) so I wouldn't worry.

some_odd_girl
03-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Hellz yeah. Bring the Vic. A couple of years ago there was a caprice or something like it going down the beach with a head of steam. After a little while the driver yanked the wheel left and gunned it. It appeared the goal was to make it to a camp, which it appeared to do, and it was awesome. I think they played all weekend and pulled it out on Sunday. There will be plenty of folk to yank your baby out (sounds weird) so I wouldn't worry.

Haha that's awesome. I just don't wanna mess her up at all, she's my DD :P

MKtaco_98
03-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Ill be there had a blast last year

Crinale
03-16-2011, 08:03 PM
<snip>There will be plenty of folk to yank your baby out (sounds weird) so I wouldn't worry.

that sounds so wrong Mike :P

Obi..
03-17-2011, 12:59 AM
<snip>There will be plenty of folk to yank your baby out (sounds weird) so I wouldn't worry.

that sounds so wrong Mike :P

Besides, it's nudge and tug ya pervs!

Obi..
03-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Haha that's awesome. I just don't wanna mess her up at all, she's my DD :P

*You never know, if I land one of the two spots I am interviewing for I may just have to consider how to pass along my test drive privileges or set up an awd demo for you. :D *Second hesitation on saying
"Yes this year!" is that b/c I might end up with a 6 day/week scheduling w/ floater days i won't necessarily be able to use that soon. We'll see, in the meantime I'm taking Wimpy up to the hills this w/e to test out the latest mod. :D

93yotasr5
03-20-2011, 11:30 PM
I'll be there again for sure!!!

MaK92-4Rnr
03-22-2011, 12:45 AM
I'll be there again as well.

Obi..
04-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Chris, just out of curiosity if I can't make Pismo but can get a day off around that..like say, we both have Sunday or Monday off..

Is the PPHHR going to be that Sunday or Monday? Also, how come we never discuss that as a part of everything, is it b/c of HH's policies and that it is technically a "..group of friends going out and not an actual "EVENT" per se"??

Besides, :ban: it'd be nice to have a bunch of 2nd Gen's there to offset all the 120's and have time to chat with Bulldog (Andries IIRC) again as well as see a bunch of heads from here.

Obi..
04-16-2011, 02:51 PM
*Also, update the main page b/c it's saying "2010".. http://www.pismojamboree.com/index.php/schedule

slosurfer
04-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Chris, just out of curiosity if I can't make Pismo but can get a day off around that..like say, we both have Sunday or Monday off..

Is the PPHHR going to be that Sunday or Monday? Also, how come we never discuss that as a part of everything, is it b/c of HH's policies and that it is technically a "..group of friends going out and not an actual "EVENT" per se"??

Besides, :ban: it'd be nice to have a bunch of 2nd Gen's there to offset all the 120's and have time to chat with Bulldog (Andries IIRC) again as well as see a bunch of heads from here.

The PPHHR isn't my deal. It is usually Masa and Jon who plan it and usually plans/ideas start happening while at the Jamboree. This last year was the first time I've actually been able to make it.

Thanks for the heads up on the website. I'll let lance know

boogyman
04-19-2011, 09:28 PM
So i'll probably catch some serious $#1@ for this, but we won't be able to make it this year either... :-/

toyotech
04-23-2011, 08:35 PM
im new here but not to forums. local member told me about this and i just got into wheeling. i have already got the 23-26 off from work. already reserved my camp site. just need to buy a flag and more gear. 1st time camping on the beach but been there twice with my quad for a day each.

Seanz0rz
04-23-2011, 08:51 PM
to me the best part about pismo is the camping!!!

probably wont bring the trailer this year, as it will likely just be lexi and i if dan doesnt come out.

some_odd_girl
04-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Shoot, I hadn't even thought about reserving a campsite... but I don't even know if I'm gonna make it...

Seanz0rz
04-24-2011, 11:04 AM
we didnt reserve one last year. its 7 dollars more to reserve online, and so far i have never experienced them running out of "sites"

slosurfer
04-24-2011, 11:51 AM
we didnt reserve one last year. its 7 dollars more to reserve online, and so far i have never experienced them running out of "sites"

3 or 4 years ago,when they had that motorcycle race on the same weekend, they did sell out of sites. If I find out anything else is going on at the same time, I'll be sure to give everyone a heads up so that you can reserve sites. Also, if you plan on arriving really late, it's better to already have your reservations, just in case they come by your camp and see that you don't have a camping pass. You'll be able to show them your reservation and then go in the morning when the kiosk opens and get your pass.

During the summer and holiday weekends, it sells out and sometimes it sells out months in advance.

toyotech
04-24-2011, 12:33 PM

didnt know you could do it the day you go there.... 1st time. oh well. plus it was 8 dollars more online. i just didnt wanna miss out so ill pay extra

Seanz0rz
04-24-2011, 12:56 PM
yeah in the years past i have always purchased online. this year i am pretty sure we are going, but things can change at a moments notice, so its kind of hard to shell out that money in advance for it.

if you are planning to pay at the gate, keep tabs on the reservation page and see how many "sites" are left. if it drops below 200, id book it just to be safe.

slosurfer
04-24-2011, 01:30 PM
if you are planning to pay at the gate, keep tabs on the reservation page and see how many "sites" are left. if it drops below 200, id book it just to be safe.

Yep, that's the key! I'll also keep tabs on any other events that may be happening that weekend. If nothing big is going on then we should be fine.

Others like to pay in advance because then they don't have to worry about paying later and using their much needed raffle cash :)

Crinale
04-24-2011, 11:09 PM
they only run out on holiday weekends.. and since the p4rj isnt held on a holiday, we're usually fine. Im not sure if i'll be there this year either.. since ill be living in San Diego, and dont plan to have a rig then..

EL ROJO
05-04-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm in as well as a bunch of other tacos from TW...went last year and had a blast! Great event been looking forward to it since the drive home last year :D

some_odd_girl
05-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Maybe something awesome will happen over summer and I'll have a truck by then. Hey, I can dream right?

slosurfer
05-05-2011, 07:07 AM
sorry guys, once I'm done moving this month, I'll jump back on working on this :)

xonetruthcrewx
05-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Whats up everyone! Been a while since I've been around these parts. Anyways.... I will be at this years event. And best of all.....I will be a sponsor and I will be donating quite a few goodies. I was thinking about donating a gun to raffle off, but after taking with Chris, would just be too much hassle. Haha. No worries though, plenty of other good options! Cant wait for it.

toyotech
05-29-2011, 09:18 PM
slowing getting my runner ready for this event, cant wait

L33T35T Tacoma
05-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Any particular reason why you guys didn't advertise the Friday like past years?

slosurfer
05-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Any particular reason why you guys didn't advertise the Friday like past years?

It has to do with getting the use permit from the dunes, so that's why the official dates are set like that. Otherwise there is no change, Friday is when the majority of people show up and it will be just as fun as ever. :thumbup:

Seanz0rz
06-04-2011, 11:19 AM
we have too many other trips this summer to afford this one.

sorry guys!

i will post up about these trips later.

L33T35T Tacoma
06-04-2011, 11:52 AM
It has to do with getting the use permit from the dunes, so that's why the official dates are set like that. Otherwise there is no change, Friday is when the majority of people show up and it will be just as fun as ever. :thumbup:

Ok. Man, it sure has come a long way from when it used to be just a bunch of guys (and girls) just hanging out for the weekend, huh?

slosurfer
06-04-2011, 12:00 PM
we have too many other trips this summer to afford this one.

sorry guys!

i will post up about these trips later.

:gay: :gay2: :gay:

Seanz0rz
06-04-2011, 01:02 PM
rofl, i also have other reasons for not going, like i have to try to crash a class on that friday late in the evening.

plus, ive been to the last 4 or so pismos. we want to do something different for September this year. sequoia or something.

Obi..
06-04-2011, 09:19 PM
LOL @Zorz..and here I am still trying to figure out timing amongst the job search obligations and camping w/ light wheeling Dusy in a loaner rig outside of that w/e.

Besides, I just figured out last week that food and diapers take priority over a rear air locker. :loser:

Crinale
06-05-2011, 10:56 PM
im still trying to figure out how to swing this.. since im currently short a truck.. lol

Obi..
06-06-2011, 12:34 AM
im still trying to figure out how to swing this.. since im currently short a truck.. lol

If you build it then you could come? :D
http://scm-l3.technorati.com/10/07/20/15113/field-of-dreams.jpg

Just collaborate your crap, you're going to be crying in S.D. without an escape vehicle. ;)

corax
06-08-2011, 06:20 AM

If a Civic wagon can play in the dunes I don't want to hear any excuses . . .
Wagon Attack 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ZzqBPz4sY#ws)

some_odd_girl
06-08-2011, 12:38 PM
That is too awesome! I love the ending. :D I'm still trying to decide if I'm coming, and if I am, if I'm gonna try and get Betty out to the campsite....

Obi..
06-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Keith, when a bunch of AE95/Fx2's show up they'll be blaming you. :D
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/81/1991_Toyota_Corolla_%28AE94%29_CS_Limited_Seca_5-door_hatchback_01.jpg/800px-1991_Toyota_Corolla_%28AE94%29_CS_Limited_Seca_5-door_hatchback_01.jpg

Japan Spec Carib..
Toyota Sprinter Carib AE95 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3XvFXE4TLc#)

Crinale
06-08-2011, 06:41 PM
If a Civic wagon can play in the dunes I don't want to hear any excuses . . .
Wagon Attack 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ZzqBPz4sY#ws)

Those things have AWD! damn straight they can mob the dunes :P my friend used to have a 4x4 Corolla wagon that he mobbed out there too. A slammed BMW however, doesnt stand a chance

troyboy162
06-08-2011, 10:51 PM
That is too awesome! I love the ending. :D I'm still trying to decide if I'm coming, and if I am, if I'm gonna try and get Betty out to the campsite....

you launched her off a 2 foot curb...I think the dunes will be taking it easy on her for once.

some_odd_girl
06-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Only because I'm awesome! :P If I go I probably will, I just might have to have someone tow me thru the softer sand.

Obi..
06-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Only because I'm awesome! :P If I go I probably will, I just might have to have someone tow me thru the softer sand.

We all know what happens when someone brings a non-Toyota vehicle to this event, the end up buying a Toyota..something to keep in mind. ;)
Tercelmania 3 part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6lwxHGC_rw&NR#)

BTW, thanks Keith, now Raquel wants an 89-92 Corolla Wagon, or 6cyl Camry even more.

DHC6twinotter
06-09-2011, 05:57 PM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh77/Koensayrbtls3/Funny/off-topic.jpg?t=1271782662

:laugh:

Seanz0rz
06-09-2011, 09:23 PM
:good: rofl...

some_odd_girl
06-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Hey it's still Jambo related... sort've... :P And NorCal, I already know I'm going to end up with a 'yota eventually. :D

Obi..
06-10-2011, 06:12 PM
^All good. FWIW I'd like to see some nice video put together..

Take this sort of stuff..
Supercharged 4Runner at Glamis MLK Day 2009 (http://vimeo.com/3153340)

..and make something like this.
CT4WD June Multi-Day Trip Crowsnest Pass 2010 (http://vimeo.com/13003915)

stormtaco
06-11-2011, 09:38 AM
well i am hoping to still make it i picked up a beater 84 4x4 and i need to rebuild the motor and mash it on the dunes :clap:

MaK92-4Rnr
06-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Im still in the clear, for now. Just got the top end rebuilt on the Runner, but its still having power issues. :/ but it was rebuilt professionally, so it better damn well be solved by september! should have a roof rack and rear bumper by then, so I should be good to go!

elripster
06-29-2011, 07:38 PM
I think we will be there now that we have relocated back to San Diego. Right now it would be me, Claire, Daniel, and our dog Ginger in an 85 FJ-60. I might bring the H3 too so we can actually have fun in the dunes.

Frank

Obi..
06-30-2011, 02:45 PM
We're still trying to figure out what the timeline is with my neice's wedding and if we want to just turn the weekend into a week vacation for us, no promises still. I'l definitely be needing a pair of recovery straps, still haven't replaced the locker and still up in the air about an air locker or trying out one of the new Auburn LSD's.

@Mak, let me know when it's all buttoned up, i need to goto Chico soon to pick up some stuff from our old landlord and would love to see it running again. We could go for a freeway spin? :D

Franks back!! What brought that on, and change your avatar location man!
~I need a cross brace anyhow and want it priced well? :D

stock4runner
06-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi all, name's Toua. Still New to the forum, but I want in as well. Hope you guys don't mind new company at the campfires :)

Most likely going to be me and my girlfriend in my 88 Runner. And I think my room mate is coming in his 94 Runner as well.

Obi..
06-30-2011, 04:02 PM
^Welcome to the fray and post up some more info, pics. Your fishing thread's a great idea, I need to hit you up to come along sometime.

stock4runner
06-30-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm still trying to navigate my way around the site lol

I like all the help I'm getting so far and this site's awesome with all the other activities you can post up besides wheeling. Something I don't get to see too often.

elripster
07-01-2011, 07:40 PM
We're still trying to figure out what the timeline is with my neice's wedding and if we want to just turn the weekend into a week vacation for us, no promises still. I'l definitely be needing a pair of recovery straps, still haven't replaced the locker and still up in the air about an air locker or trying out one of the new Auburn LSD's.

@Mak, let me know when it's all buttoned up, i need to goto Chico soon to pick up some stuff from our old landlord and would love to see it running again. We could go for a freeway spin? :D

Franks back!! What brought that on, and change your avatar location man!
~I need a cross brace anyhow and want it priced well? :D

Things weren't going so well at the job at Argonne. I got an offer in Poway with a startup and figured what the heck, why not give it try.

I have some frame braces that are unfinished and could make a sweet deal on 'em.

Frank

Obi..
07-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Well, I'm sure we're all happy you're back out here, heck, LOL, find me a job while you're there. Keeping things on topic, you have a pm.

I'll let you guys know whether or not we'll be there as the time gets closer. :D

93yotasr5
08-05-2011, 12:15 PM
lets do this.
no fat corey please and thank you

WillRunner05
08-13-2011, 06:08 PM
40 Days until Pismo, I can't wait!!! Unfortunately My Runner won't be there so I'll have to cruise around on a rented ATV. :(

corax
08-13-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm out - I'll be at the regional Wild West Rally (http://wildwestrally.org/) in Washington this weekend using the 4runner for the first time as a sweep/recovery/e-crew vehicle (I even get a yellow light bar to mount on the roof as part of my gear ;)). Pics will of course will be posted in another thread. BTW, also found out I'm going to NW SARCON (http://www.clackamas.us/docs/sheriff/sarconbrochure.pdf) in October - I'm leaning towards 1 day of wilderness survival and 2 days of Bill Burke (for the super-special-because-I'm-so-damn-cool price of only $100 :clap:) - and driving sweep/recovery/e-crew at Mt Hood Rally the weekend after that . . . looks like Sept/Oct will be pretty busy for me

troyboy162
08-13-2011, 08:32 PM
cant wait! my schedule looks like a go.

some_odd_girl
08-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Troy you'll be there?? I thought you had to ship out?

I'm still up in the air... I'd need someone to ride with haha. But I'm tempted to come just for the camp fires and clam chowder and the beach I love...

Scuba
08-14-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm still in. I just gotta save some money. Not sure how school will be going at the time. The full course load is going to kick my ass. But I'll do my best to be there.
Whats going on with the raffle this year?
Also, regarding the gps challenge, I say they revert back to the original gameplan instead of all the other annoying "surprise challenges" that pop up during the run.

troyboy162
08-14-2011, 04:37 PM
I should be here for it as of last weeks schedule. im pumped!

I think i talked with Chris and Lance about it last year but yeah back to the GPS challenge as a tour of the dunes rather then find the flag at the bottom of the sarlac pit.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091220042454/starwars/images/a/ab/Sarlacc-TOR.jpg

stormtaco
08-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Troy you'll be there?? I thought you had to ship out?

I'm still up in the air... I'd need someone to ride with haha. But I'm tempted to come just for the camp fires and clam chowder and the beach I love...

i should be solo in the runner so you can get a ride out in the dunes with me

some_odd_girl
08-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Troy, that's awesome you get to go!

Scuba, I'm in a similar situation with school, PLUS work... so part of it is seeing if I can fit it in.

Annnd stormtaco thanks for the ride offer, if I'm there I'll prob take you up on it.

MaK92-4Rnr
08-19-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm still in. I just gotta save some money. Not sure how school will be going at the time. The full course load is going to kick my ass. But I'll do my best to be there.
Whats going on with the raffle this year?
Also, regarding the gps challenge, I say they revert back to the original gameplan instead of all the other annoying "surprise challenges" that pop up during the run.

I agree... I'd rather have double the questions, rather than "go to this location" haha

I just got the rear bumper on my rig about a week ago, and still have time to get the roof rack and rear lift on! so the rig should definitely be decked out this year! heres a picture for some eye candy :)

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/MaK92-4RnR/IMG_0846.jpg

Also, is there anything different this year that we can expect to see?

93yotasr5
08-19-2011, 02:52 PM
best rig award goes to..........

some_odd_girl
08-19-2011, 02:54 PM
best rig award goes to..........

ME! Oh, wait... I don't have one. :P

ethernectar
08-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Looking forward to it. Will be coming from the Mojave Rd run via Death Valley.

stormtaco
08-20-2011, 01:33 PM
ready to go now just got my new rig 97 sr5 with 140k on the clock in prefect condition :clap:

some_odd_girl
08-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Maybe a miracle will happen and I can by myself a 4Runner or a Taco before then. Ha. Hahaha. I do need to decide if I'm going though, so i can decide if I need to request time off...

BruceTS
08-21-2011, 03:09 PM
As usual it'll be a last second decision if I can make it, but most likely I'll be there.

stormtaco
08-23-2011, 08:26 PM
is it time yet one more month

Scuba
08-24-2011, 11:46 AM
As of now I may be out. My girlfriend is moving here from texas the weekend after the jamboree.
The biggest two issues are time (homework) and money (I'm flying there and driving back with her).

I may decide closer to the jambo that I can make it, but it doesn't look promising.

troyboy162
08-24-2011, 11:54 AM
I dont like her anymore. shes effecting my wheeling haha

MaK92-4Rnr
08-29-2011, 01:39 PM
So whats the scoop for this year? were about a 26 days out and still no information is posted. Around this time last year everything in stone.

Obi..
08-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Update for us, final word is we can't make it. 2 wedding's trump sand dunes these days. (Buddy's and niece's.) :headscratch: :( At least I get good food and some Sierra Foothill time out of both. :D

4x4mike
08-29-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm out as well. September is a big month and we're already busy as it is.

L33T35T Tacoma
08-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Sounds like this year will be a small event. Too bad. I'll drink one for all of you that aren't showing up :drink:

MaK92-4Rnr
08-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Sounds like this year will be a small event. Too bad. I'll drink one for all of you that aren't showing up :drink:

haha for real. I wonder why the site hasn't been updated yet...? Maybe chris and lance are busy.

Seanz0rz
08-30-2011, 09:31 AM
I KNOW lance is extremely busy, and i imagine chris is as well. i havent seen much of either of them in the last 6 months.

personally, smaller pismo events are better than the big ones, but either way we wont be making it up this year.

DHC6twinotter
08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
personally, smaller pismo events are better than the big ones, but either way we wont be making it up this year.

x2

Obi..
08-30-2011, 08:09 PM
haha for real. I wonder why the site hasn't been updated yet...? Maybe chris and lance are busy.

Bring me back a ziplock full of sand will ya? LOL.

O/T, well sort-of inter-related, Chris, ~Is there going to be a P.P.H.H.R. this year so I can try for that instead since ideally we'll be back in town Monday or Tuesday? I might mention it to Pedram since he blew his engine and have a small group of us from here to attend.

some_odd_girl
08-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Annnnnnnnnnnd I don't think I'll make it. I actually have a ziplock full of Pismo sand on my desk though. :P

Crinale
08-31-2011, 02:58 AM
looks like Jason is gonna be pretty hammered from all the beers hes gonna have to drink for the no shows :P Im not gonna be there either, goin to Nocturnal that weekend.

some_odd_girl
08-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Haha yeah, he's gonna be poundin' them! Someone will have to take a video of this... :P

troyboy162
08-31-2011, 05:02 PM
bah hes gonna have new woman there and be on bestest behavior. I'll have to spike his drinks haha

small one is fine by me too. All i want to do is spend the weekend playing in the dunes and camping on the beach

some_odd_girl
08-31-2011, 10:22 PM
Oh that's right. Guess you're gonna have to get that lover's cam up and running.

MaK92-4Rnr
09-01-2011, 07:38 AM
I fully expect this event to be smaller than last years. even though last years was my first, wasn't it the biggest?

Scuba
09-01-2011, 10:58 AM
I fully expect this event to be smaller than last years. even though last years was my first, wasn't it the biggest?

AFAIK yes it was the biggest so far.
My first event was 08 and I think there were 40-50 trucks.
It grew by about 10-15 trucks in 09 and again in 2010.

L33T35T Tacoma
09-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Oh that's right. Guess you're gonna have to get that lover's cam up and running.

Oh no, not the "Toyota lovers" cam. Lol

some_odd_girl
09-01-2011, 03:16 PM

Oh no, not the "Toyota lovers" cam. Lol

I'm tempted to come up there myself to make sure it happens. Gotta get you back. :P

malteserunner
09-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Sorry to hear so many of you won't make it this year.

Liz and I will be there, along with Coni, Dave, Deanna and the kids. There are a few more from our neck of the woods that are still undecided, but hopefully they'll make it too. See the rest of you there.

BrandonH
09-02-2011, 10:42 AM
I most likely will be up there Thursday towing the Tent Trailer and helping out Lance and Chris with whatever they need setting up

BrandonH
09-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Here is some stuff from last year that I put together.

Ralph's and my camp....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Whitecivicex1/Pismo%20Jamboree%202010/IMG_0415.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Whitecivicex1/Pismo%20Jamboree%202010/IMG_0416.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Whitecivicex1/Pismo%20Jamboree%202010/IMG_0417.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Whitecivicex1/Pismo%20Jamboree%202010/th_IMG_0420.jpg (http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Whitecivicex1/Pismo%20Jamboree%202010/?action=view&current=IMG_0420.mp4)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Whitecivicex1/Pismo%20Jamboree%202010/th_IMG_0419.jpg (http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Whitecivicex1/Pismo%20Jamboree%202010/?action=view&current=IMG_0419.mp4)

Pulling out a Tundra:

Brandon H pulls out a Tundra at Pismo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n21SQMsO45M#ws)

Scuba's video

Ultimate Yota Pismo Jamboree 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48KzDEgyB7Q&NR=1#)

Tundra Cris's video

Pismo jamboree 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0-T6deheh4&NR=1#ws)

Masa having fun with his Ranger RZR

Pismo Jamboree 2010 RZR Robbie Gordon Jump (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMMavCSsdFA#ws)

MaK92-4Rnr
09-05-2011, 08:11 PM
any updates...? 3 weeks and counting.

some_odd_girl
09-05-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm not coming. But that's not an update. I'm still super bummed I'm gonna miss it!!

toyotech
09-06-2011, 08:29 PM
fixed my quad. cant wait to go

93yotasr5
09-06-2011, 10:20 PM
can i get a hot tub?!!!

malteserunner
09-06-2011, 10:48 PM
What day are you heading down? We're leaving Friday, in the morning. Let us know if you want to meet up on the way.

MaK92-4Rnr
09-07-2011, 09:48 AM
The more northern california group is leaving around 9:00 that friday morning as well...

Also, i noticed the website is updated. When can we pre-order things?

Good Times
09-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Pre-order away!

http://www.pismojamboree.com/index.php/store

http://www.pismojamboree.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/2011_Event_Tee_S_4e485e4007ef7.jpg

My apologies for not being very active this year. Both Chris and I have been swamped with our own respective work that we've really fallen behind on making this year's Pismo Jam a success. Hopefully we'll still get the same large turn out but if we don't I'm not too worried. It'll just be great to see some old friends and new friends and just hang out. The original intent of the event was just a large gathering of online buddies so hopefully this year's event will go back to its original roots and just mingle like the old days!

I've added the tee's (which is currently in production) and the stickers should be ready for pick up next week when I get back into town to pick em up before the event.

I'll be there but my 4runner is staying home. Had some small issues come up and the rear axle has been removed indefinitely so it's not gonna be running for some foreseeable future. Boys and their toys... Need I say more? :tapedshut:

Both Chris and I should be there onsite on Thursday to confirm exact site location and I will update the site and here with the actual coordinates. Regardless I'm sure you guys will find us one way or another. :)

Cya soon!

MKtaco_98
09-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Sweet, just ordered my Shirt and Sticker

MaK92-4Rnr
09-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Just out of curiosity. ( pretty sure i already know the answer to this question ) but does this count for ALL vehicles, since were all technically taking the vehicles OFF HIGHWAY? I would hate to drive all the way down there, and have to turn around because the 4runner isn't registered, just yet.

http://www.pismojamboree.com/index.php/411/historicalinfo/registration

troyboy162
09-07-2011, 11:42 AM
thank you for color matching the T-shirts with my runner

Seanz0rz
09-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Just out of curiosity. ( pretty sure i already know the answer to this question ) but does this count for ALL vehicles, since were all technically taking the vehicles OFF HIGHWAY? I would hate to drive all the way down there, and have to turn around because the 4runner isn't registered, just yet.

http://www.pismojamboree.com/index.php/411/historicalinfo/registration

if your 4runner is not registered, then you cannot, legally, drive anywhere on public roads.

this ohv area requires your motor vehicle (passenger vehicle, atv, etc) to be registered with the DMV. ATV, etc use the green/red sticker system. your 4runner needs to have either the green sticker or a proper road legal registration.

as for getting in the park, i dont think it will matter if you dont have it registered (although they might check the tags...) but they could come down hard on you and impound your vehicle. not worth it... just go get it registered...

Good Times
09-07-2011, 12:45 PM

Just for you buddy ;)

Wish my 4runner could be out there to pimp the color matching scheme but not this year. Sounds like your 4runner is mia too! right?

MaK92-4Rnr
09-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I figured as much, Thanks sean. Doing it now. Hopefully it passes smog.

troyboy162
09-07-2011, 01:03 PM

Just for you buddy ;)

Wish my 4runner could be out there to pimp the color matching scheme but not this year. Sounds like your 4runner is mia too! right?

nope shes all straightened out and back on mine exploring duty. I'll be at pismo this year. fix yer junk and bring it!
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww234/troyboy162/100_0007.jpg

Good Times
09-07-2011, 01:49 PM
no time to fix my junk. it looks sexier on the 2 post chillin. :) I should have all of the parts in sometime in Q4 so I don't fully expect it to be on its own 4 legs until the end of the year.

toyotech
09-07-2011, 07:00 PM
What day are you heading down? We're leaving Friday, in the morning. Let us know if you want to meet up on the way.

i will be heading down friday morning as well. not sure what time but hoping to leave by 10 if not earlier. cooler morning weather for my truck and me since i still havent fixed the AC

Crinale
09-07-2011, 07:47 PM
I figured as much, Thanks sean. Doing it now. Hopefully it passes smog.

even on a trailer they will not let you in if its not reg'd.. my buddies got flagged last year for an unregistered vehicle and were told to go home

MaK92-4Rnr
09-07-2011, 07:56 PM
will they let me in with a registration tag? as in the little number in the window? haha. because i highly doubt i'll pass smog in time.

toyotech
09-07-2011, 09:31 PM
im sure the number will work. the number makes you street legal

MaK92-4Rnr
09-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Ok good, It goes in tomorrow/monday for smog :/

BrandonH
09-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Lance, shirts look good! I like how it just has the UY Logo on the front now instead of the huge graffic. :clap:

Cebby
09-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Do you still have 2010 shirts? I'll need to order up last and this.

How long of a drive is it from Pittsburgh to Pismo for the 10th Annual Jambo?

toyotech
09-09-2011, 09:37 PM
1day and 18 hours... road trip?
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=pittsburgh&gs_upl=960l3599l0l5379l5l5l1l0l0l0l205l732l0.3.1l4 l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=681&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x8834f16f48068503:0x8df915a15aa21b34,Pittsb urgh,+PA&gl=us&ei=SOlqTorsL-XYiALklOCiDg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQ8gEwAA

MKtaco_98
09-10-2011, 10:42 PM
wins you the award for longest distance traveled to the event lol

YotaFun
09-11-2011, 08:47 AM
wins you the award for longest distance traveled to the event lol

I'd have him beat, 1 Day 23 Hours!

93yotasr5
09-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Oh damn son!!!

MaK92-4Rnr
09-12-2011, 11:52 AM
its the simple things in life that make you smile...

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/MaK92-4RnR/Repairs/Smog/IMG_0921.jpg

Im good to go :D Reg/smog paid. just waiting for my trasharoo and coil spacers to show.

some_odd_girl
09-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Whoo-hoo! :D

troyboy162
09-12-2011, 07:58 PM
any word on the sandwiches? Im trying to plan out my food

Good Times
09-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Troy,

I know Masa has a food truck so I believe he's going to try and bring that onto the beach. Not sure what the regulations are but hopefully we'll have the same good ol sandwiches available again! :)

troyboy162
09-13-2011, 02:44 PM
awesome! The crunch bread was great! I'll eat that a few times if I can.

MaK92-4Rnr
09-13-2011, 02:48 PM
we should do a number crunch of how many peeps are going.

BrandonH
09-13-2011, 03:16 PM
There is a bunch from other sites that are going as well.

Good Times
09-13-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm hoping less than 50 ;)

less people = less headache. ha!

BrandonH
09-13-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm hoping less than 50 ;)

less people = less headache. ha!

I hear ya man!! Hey lance, did u need a ride up to the event? I saw ur runner is down. I can come swoop you up if you want. I'm leaving Thursday with Ralph. I live in La Verne

Good Times
09-13-2011, 09:08 PM
My runner is always down! Haha jk

Thanks for the offer Brandon but I'll be fine. Gonna go up with a buddy early anyway to setup. Hoprfully I'll have something to drive.... Maybe jack someone's ride while they sleep through the night! Hehe jk

Cya all there.

93yotasr5
09-13-2011, 09:40 PM
just got my rig set up. i cant wait!!!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e111/unkle_elroy/9bd61138.jpg

cplvc
09-13-2011, 09:48 PM
My wife and I are planning on going...the shirt looks great Lance. We'll miss you Sean, have fun in Sequoia.

MaK92-4Rnr
09-14-2011, 09:37 AM
get my coil spacers and trasharoo today! getting pretty excited.

Obi..
09-14-2011, 10:51 PM
I am gonna stay away from UY for a couple weeks. Reading you all chat about this is killing me and I wish we could make it. :(

MaK92-4Rnr (Mike??) I wanna see how your rig turned out so if you're passing through the East Bay Area on your way back instead of shooting straight through 680, let me know, I can maybe meet up with you over in Pleasanton or better yet, Dublin at Dublin Toyota or Toyota's division in San Ramon??

4x4mike
09-14-2011, 11:01 PM
I am gonna stay away from UY for a couple weeks. Reading you all chat about this is killing me and I wish we could make it. :(

MaK92-4Rnr (Mike??) I wanna see how your rig turned out so if you're passing through the East Bay Area on your way back instead of shooting straight through 680, let me know, I can maybe meet up with you over in Pleasanton or better yet, Dublin at Dublin Toyota or Toyota's division in San Ramon??

Quickest way home from Pismo is to avoid the Bay. I usually cut over to 5 at Kettleman City. 5 to Stockton then take 4 to 99 and then to Sacramento.

L33T35T Tacoma
09-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Is everybody making reservations through reserveamerica? We had a problem with lack of overnight spots in the early years, but as of right now RA shows 933/999 slots open. So what are everybody's plans? I'm gonna take a chance and save the $ on their ridiculous reservation fee

Seanz0rz
09-15-2011, 02:49 PM
i didnt reserve last year, and with that many free spots, i wouldnt this year. their reservation fee is nearly as much as 1 night there... you should be fine.

MaK92-4Rnr
09-15-2011, 03:00 PM

The quickest way to Pismo from sacramento is definitely to avoid the bay, unfortunately. We usually take 5 all the way down, and just cross over to 101

What did you want to see on the rig? Just how the coil spacers and what not turn out?

Obi..
09-15-2011, 06:31 PM
What did you want to see on the rig? Just how the coil spacers and what not turn out?

Yep pretty much, I saw the bit about the rear bumper elsewhere and my neighbor's interested. FWIW it can always wait until the next time we head out to North Lake since I always stop in Folsom or Gold Hill.

toyotech
09-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Is everybody making reservations through reserveamerica? We had a problem with lack of overnight spots in the early years, but as of right now RA shows 933/999 slots open. So what are everybody's plans? I'm gonna take a chance and save the $ on their ridiculous reservation fee

i made mine a while back. i was there bout a month ago and figure its not a holiday weekend i would be fine. i get there saturday around 1pm and all the spots was gone :( i heard its been pretty busy there on the weekends this year but since its getting colder, it might not be as busy.

if you dont reserve a spot early, make sure if you got on saturday that you are there early because spots could be sold out by the time you get there

BrandonH
09-15-2011, 07:53 PM
I think we have our firewood situated :eek: (1/2 cord)

BTW this is our Tow vehicle (Ralph's) for the toy hauler. DOnt make fun of it if you see it sitting in the camp LOL. We will have plenty of toyotas there. Im also towing Ralph's Truggy behind my Tacoma.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Whitecivicex1/IMG_0902.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Whitecivicex1/IMG_0903.jpg

Good Times
09-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Brandon that's not enough wood! haha

Now I'm debating if I even need to bring my M416 trailer full of wood. I've got some good ol dried out stumps from a few years ago.. lol

Looks like we're gonna have one BIG *** fire pit!

some_odd_girl
09-16-2011, 02:46 PM
FIRE! There better be some good pics of this monster. :P

toyotech
09-16-2011, 08:43 PM
im only bring a few :( dont have the HP to bring too much. already have a quad on the trailer

Crinale
09-18-2011, 10:57 AM
if you guys need more i can get you the number for the guy i bought the 2 huge piles from last year that is right down the road from the dunes :P

Scuba
09-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Jason and Troy convinced me that I have to go.
Looks like I'm back in, bitches.

troyboy162
09-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Jason and Troy convinced me that I have to go.
Looks like I'm back in, bitches.

you were always going. you just didnt know it haha

Scuba
09-18-2011, 08:47 PM
All I know is that I'm not washing and waxing the truck and painting all my armor before hand.

some_odd_girl
09-19-2011, 10:23 AM
I was thinking of coming up for the day, just to hang out, but it looks like I'm working every day this weekend. Dang it. Have a blast everyone!!

Good Times
09-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Due to some technical difficulties of bringing a food truck onsite, Masa (the sandwich master) will not be able to bring his famed sandwiches this year. I know it's a big bummer since his sandwiches were really awesome. Not a big deal. :) We'll work harder next year to try and get something working with Masa.

At any rate, in the past we have offered the Splash Cafe clam chowder. We won't have the time or resources to do the catered chowder this year but I am willing to make a food run into town so long as everyone helps with the coordination and collection of cash. I just need a couple of guys/gals to help go into town and buy the orders that we collect from individuals that want us to do the run.

I know Jason has done this in the past but I don't want to personally burden him so I'll do the drive into town but just need a few peeps to help load/unload the chow.

Thanks guys :)

Good Times
09-19-2011, 12:49 PM
In addition, I'm picking up stickers today! :) The tees will be done on Wednesday so I'm pretty stoked.

We'll have refreshments for sale (Coke/Diet Coke/7-up/DP/Water) for sale. Anything else you guys want? I'm going to do a Costco run so speak now or forever hold your peace. :)

troyboy162
09-19-2011, 12:58 PM
any extra t-shirts gonna be for sale?

Good Times
09-19-2011, 03:39 PM
oops forgot to add those into the list.

tees
stickers
whips
uy stuff

the usual stuff will be there :)

L33T35T Tacoma
09-19-2011, 04:02 PM
I was planning to bring a projector, along with a big white sheet to hang between 2 trucks, and have a little movie night. I need suggestions as to what movies to show. I was thinking we could show 2 movies, 1 movie that's PG to PG-13, and then another movie rated R. I need suggestions for a movie that most people might enjoy. Examples: The Hangover, Hurt Locker, Meet The Fockers, Space Balls, Super Troopers. Feel free to vote for one of these or make your own suggestion.

Thanks!

Obi..
09-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Some suggestions even though I won't be there out of my list of bought and watched so far this year..

Dust to Glory.

Your Highness.

Rango.

Sucker Punch.

Battle of Los Angeles.

Green Hornet. (Saw this one last night, hilarious!)

Tangled.

Megamind.

Despicable Me.

stormtaco
09-19-2011, 05:32 PM
cant wait i will be leaving the bay area around 11 am fri, and hauling a$$ down there to chill on the beach :clap:

wildhorse1966
09-19-2011, 10:38 PM
I think we have our firewood situated :eek: (1/2 cord)

BTW this is our Tow vehicle (Ralph's) for the toy hauler. DOnt make fun of it if you see it sitting in the camp LOL. We will have plenty of toyotas there. Im also towing Ralph's Truggy behind my Tacoma.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Whitecivicex1/IMG_0902.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Whitecivicex1/IMG_0903.jpg

well we are just 2.5 days away till we drive up to pismo we are well prepared again this year and will have good eats through out the weekend and as you can see a crapload of firewood that we scored on craigslist for free cant wait to be able to relax and bullsh^@ around the fire

Drive safe everyone!

Ralph

MaK92-4Rnr
09-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Picking up some firewood either tonight or tomorrow morning. Washing the truck tomorrow after work, and picking up a wide spray WD-40 can. Packing up thursday night and leaving on friday at 5-6am!

MaK92-4Rnr
09-21-2011, 07:53 PM
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/MaK92-4RnR/4Wheeling%20Trips/Pismo%20Beach%20California/Part%202/IMG_0959.jpg

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/MaK92-4RnR/4Wheeling%20Trips/Pismo%20Beach%20California/Part%202/IMG_0960.jpg

Packed for pismo! just need to pack food, clothes, drank, flags the trasharoo and the igloo! ( water jug )

umtomcat
09-21-2011, 11:36 PM
HEY i'm just curious....

as a complete newbie... what does "make sure your rig is ready" mean for a Pismo trip? This will be my first and I'm just now beginning to plan it... I know I'll need a flag & whip & cooler full of beer, but for the dunes... what things do I need to do to my rig? extra air filter? oil change? It's pretty much stock except for a few mods... and I just had new tie-rods put on as well as a new Idler arm & high-output alternator. What should I do to her today and tomorrow before I leave San Jose for Pismo?

any last-minute suggestions?

-Tom

BrandonH
09-22-2011, 01:18 AM
Taco and Truggy are packed and ready to go!!! Meeting Lance (Goodtimes), Ralph (Wildhorse1966), Paul (HBMurphy), Marlon (SIRMarlon, aka the picture guy), and Nick (lighterNick) in San Fernando tomorrow morning to caravan. We should be on the beach by 12 (Lowtide) to make sure the toy hauler gets out there OK. Bringing all my recovery gear plus have a winch if anyone gets stuck, give me a holler (in the dark blue taco or red Truggy). Have a safe trip up everyone!!! See you guys on the beach.

-Brandon

Crinale
09-22-2011, 01:22 AM
HEY i'm just curious....

as a complete newbie... what does "make sure your rig is ready" mean for a Pismo trip? This will be my first and I'm just now beginning to plan it... I know I'll need a flag & whip & cooler full of beer, but for the dunes... what things do I need to do to my rig? extra air filter? oil change? It's pretty much stock except for a few mods... and I just had new tie-rods put on as well as a new Idler arm & high-output alternator. What should I do to her today and tomorrow before I leave San Jose for Pismo?

-Tom

Be sure you have an accurate tire guage.. you'll use one. If you have tire-deflators, bring those too. Otherwise, sounds like you are all set. The only other thing is if you have any areas of rust, or exposed metal, the Dunes WILL make the rust worse.

DHC6twinotter
09-22-2011, 05:23 AM
Looks like you all are going to have a blast! Wish I was out there this year.

HEY i'm just curious....

-Tom

It would be a good idea to pack along a shovel and tow strap. Top off with fuel before heading on the beach.

cplvc
09-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Other than what you mentioned, if its a 2WD lower your tire pressure after the entrance (pay booth). Tow strap and showel will come in handy like Dan mentioned and a full tank of gas so you don't have to leave the camp site to get gas.

Other than that follow the speed limit (15) on the beach as you arrive and leave. Dunes have no posted speed limits.

HEY i'm just curious....

-Tom

randver
09-22-2011, 01:33 PM
some year i will make it out to pismo :bangdesk:

umtomcat
09-22-2011, 06:19 PM
.... thanks, guys. I picked up a tire deflator from 4WheelParts today for $20... it is an ARB deflator copy-cat. And I have a shovel & recovery strap. Now I just gotta pickup the beer & food and I'll be ready to leave tomorrow!

stormtaco
09-22-2011, 08:41 PM
only four more hour of my crappy job and i will be on my way :clap:

BruceTS
09-22-2011, 09:51 PM
4Runner is packed and ready to go, gonna wait til early tomorrow morning to head out, so I can stop by and pick up some food in town before I head down the beach....

malteserunner
09-22-2011, 11:23 PM
We should be on the beach around 3 tomorrow. See you all there!

Seanz0rz
09-23-2011, 06:09 AM
leaving now... ;)

troyboy162
09-23-2011, 07:12 AM
thought you werent going sean? im pretty sure im gonna leave tonight really late.

93yotasr5
09-23-2011, 07:47 AM
leaving around 1 pm today if anyone from sac or lower wants to meet up, since mak and mk ditched me this morning LOL

Eric
---------

(edit - good times - removed number... pm him)

Good Times
09-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Post up photos and share your stories here!

2011 Pismo Jamboree Recap (http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=9882)

EL ROJO
01-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Any updates for dates for 2012 jamboree? Gotta put in the request for vacation!

toyotech
01-20-2012, 11:13 PM
im guess the same month as last year. still to early to say imo