PDA

View Full Version : 4-2-2011 Jacoby Canyon - The Hamilton Wedding

Seanz0rz
03-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Alexus and I would like to invite you to wheel along with us on April 2, 2011 in celebration of our wedding.

Scroll down for the details.

We will be turning off Highway 38 and driving up Polique Canyon Road (2n09), turning east on Holcomb Valley Road (3n16) and traveling to Jacoby Canyon (3n61), where we will proceed to HWY 18.

Snow is expected on the trails, as well as mud.

Come well equipped, with necessary tools, recovery gear, spare parts, spare tire, etc.

We hope to be at the Polique Canyon Rd. turn off at 12 pm, and at the Jacoby canyon trail head (@ 3n16 & 3n61) at 1pm.

MESSY DETAILS:
CB channel 16
@ Polique Canyon Road ~ 12 PM
@ Jacoby Canyon Trail Head ~ 1PM
a well running vehicle, with recovery gear, tools, spare parts, etc. I do not plan on replacing major components on what is effectively my honeymoon...
prepare for snow and mud.

If you plan on coming, please PM me so I can distribute mobile phone numbers. If I don't hear from you in a PM, I will assume you are not coming, and will not wait for you at the trail head. Times are approximate, as travel in the mountains is unpredictable. Cellphones will allow us to communicate on more exact ETA, etc. This is not a snow bashing/rock bashing run, just a fun, scenic run through the forest.

DHC6twinotter
03-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Cool! Can't wait! :D

Obi..
03-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Just tell me one thing Sean, that you two are not doing the ceremony on the 1st, April Fool's??

I offer our warmest wishes and if I wasn't hurt I'd be there helping watch and empty beer cans to tie to your bumper. Have a great day and be sure to get pics!

:D

Seanz0rz
03-28-2011, 05:35 AM
Just tell me one thing Sean, that you two are not doing the ceremony on the 1st, April Fool's??

I offer our warmest wishes and if I wasn't hurt I'd be there helping watch and empty beer cans to tie to your bumper. Have a great day and be sure to get pics!

:D

hells yes we are! few reasons: cmon, its april fools day! its super close to our "first kiss" day. and it was before the big wedding season of late spring/summer/early fall. seemed like an obvious choice for us.

and of course, every anniversary, we get to play pranks on each other, which makes an otherwise mundane anniversary fun right up to the point when we have to change each other's diapers.

4x4mike
03-28-2011, 08:12 AM
hells yes we are! few reasons: cmon, its april fools day! its super close to our "first kiss" day. and it was before the big wedding season of late spring/summer/early fall. seemed like an obvious choice for us.

and of course, every anniversary, we get to play pranks on each other, which makes an otherwise mundane anniversary fun right up to the point when we have to change each other's diapers.

LOL. We're a little too far for a weekend excursion but you guys have a great time and enjoy the day.

fenrisx
03-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Everyone's going to show up to wheel, and there's going to be a sign in the dirt from Sean.. "April Fools!".

Even though it's a day late.

Congratulations Sean on the wedding that's a few days off.

Seanz0rz
03-28-2011, 09:59 AM
haha!

thanks for the well wishes guys!

now who wants to wheel?

Obi..
03-28-2011, 05:12 PM

**Wheeling in what's left of this weather, you are some Fools for sure. :D .. and you just gave me an idea for this week. I think I'll wake the wife up early the morning of the 1st trying to be all lovey-dovey, but dressed as a Rodeo Clown.. :spit:

*We still remember our first kiss/date date better than anything beyond our anniversary and our daughter's b-day.

Scuba
03-28-2011, 08:40 PM
I'll be wheelin in AZ. Have fun and congrats.

Seanz0rz
03-29-2011, 10:47 AM
no one? you guys suck!

no matter, either way we are doing the trail!

stay tuned for lots of pictures from that entire weekend.

Obi..
03-29-2011, 11:00 AM
I would totally go if I could only get the doc to clear me for anything other than hobbling around and handling P/T. It would be a sweet change and a great chance to go play with my little one.

Also realize you're competing with the Valley Hybrids/iH8mud Swap, not that we're going to that either.

Drive out here instead, I have spare Guiness's in the fridge? :D LOL.

Better yet, heading out to Lucerne after??

Seanz0rz
03-29-2011, 11:39 AM
yeah i realize it's short notice and there are lots of other events that people prefer to go to that weekend. no worries, i just like giving y'all a hard time!

as for lucerne, no. we will be heading back down the 38 to redlands and then taking a friend home to pomona. we also have to prep for the next day's event.

Crinale
03-29-2011, 02:40 PM
yeah i realize it's short notice and there are lots of other events that people prefer to go to that weekend. no worries, i just like giving y'all a hard time!

as for lucerne, no. we will be heading back down the 38 to redlands and then taking a friend home to pomona. we also have to prep for the next day's event.

if i lived down there i would be down.. but i dont, and its too long of a drive for me.

cplvc
03-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Congratulations Sean and Alexus! I'm sure you guys will have a great time on this honeymoon excursion.

Seanz0rz
03-29-2011, 07:14 PM
sure you dont want to go JC? you know you want to!!!

thanks!

troyboy162
03-30-2011, 03:48 AM
i wont be home for this. otherwise it would be fun!

Obi..
03-31-2011, 03:20 PM
*Sean, remember, don't listen to anyone here man..

:angel: You still have 24 hours to run like heck as fast and as far as you can while you can! Pack the Runner, leave her behind, and never look back! :flipoff:

Just kidding.. :tongueout: :drink:

Crinale
04-01-2011, 01:47 PM
not cool Shane :asshat:

Obi..
04-01-2011, 05:51 PM
not cool Shane :asshat:

Please, w/e he knows I am kidding. I'm stoked for Sean, from what I've seen in posts she's a real catch and he's a very lucky man. :drink: Again, pretty sure he knows this, sorry if you took it wrong, and yeah, I am an asshat at times, but it was in pure jest here.

Let's see the pics man, pics-pics!!

Seanz0rz
04-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Haha. I got the meaning, no worries! We were officially married at 1:15 pm.

Still no takers for tomorrow?

Obi..
04-01-2011, 07:21 PM
:D Cool. FWIW like I said, you know I'd be there, but I just found out my work schedule and gotta go shopping for shirts too. Next time though, as long as I'm cleared by doc to start playing again.

Now, let's see your ass in your suit and all the beer cans tied to the bumper? :clap: *I still remember my rig's rear diff being saran-wrapped to the parking structure support at Caesar's Tahoe..LOL.

corax
04-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Congrats Sean!

Hope you guys enjoy your romp through nature, and if no one shows up it might a more eventful romp

Obi..
04-01-2011, 07:39 PM
^ROFL.. :rofl: Ice/Snow burn.. :spit: Is that why you and Liz are always parking the RV near the woods? :laugh:

Crinale
04-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Please, w/e he knows I am kidding. I'm stoked for Sean, from what I've seen in posts she's a real catch and he's a very lucky man. :drink: Again, pretty sure he knows this, sorry if you took it wrong, and yeah, I am an asshat at times, but it was in pure jest here.

Let's see the pics man, pics-pics!!

haha i know you were, and i was just callin u out :thumbup:

and congrats Mr and Mrs Sean Hamilton :D

04 Rocko Taco
04-02-2011, 04:58 AM
Congrats Sean and Alexus!! Hope you guys have fun today! Me and Cort would be down if we didn't live approx 2500 something miles away. lol.

Marc P
04-02-2011, 05:34 AM
Congrats Sean and Alexus...

Seanz0rz
04-02-2011, 05:39 PM
trail went great, even if it was a river...

weekend report later tonight or later tomorrow

4x4mike
04-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Take your time there buck-a-roo. Enjoy yourselves.

04 Rocko Taco
04-02-2011, 09:14 PM
We don't want to see THOSE pictures, so make sure you check your camera roll. :)

Obi..
04-03-2011, 10:14 AM
:lol: They're likely using digital, you know video capture and all that. Besides, that way they can just throw the good stuff on the laptop before heading to the store to get anything else printed out. :hillbill:

YotaFun
04-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Late, but Congratulations to you both!
Many happy and loving years!