PDA

View Full Version : Just got 358 miles on this tank

Ric
04-25-2011, 05:58 PM
where to start,,,,, I normally get right at 300 miles per tank of gas, thats both city and highway driving, fully loaded, with my 04 4runner V8.
Right now Im at 358 miles and still have over a 1/4 tank to go, wooohoooo
just thought Id share lol

DHC6twinotter
04-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Cool! How big is the 4th gen tank?

Why are you getting so much better fuel economy now vs. earlier?

I wish I could get 358 out of my 2nd or 3rd gen. :(

Ric
04-25-2011, 07:31 PM
the most Ive ever put in it is 18G. Im always loaded with recovery gear, tools, the cargobox I made, and all the skids, I want to hit a weight scale/station to see what it weighs, but just never have lol

DHC6twinotter
04-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Sweeet...so looks like you are well on your way to 22-23mpg. :thumbup:

some_odd_girl
04-26-2011, 12:07 AM
DAMN, lucky. These gas prices are effin' killing me!

Crinale
04-26-2011, 12:24 AM
DAMN, lucky. These gas prices are effin' killing me!

Tell me bout it.. i just drove almost 1200 miles in the last week >.<

some_odd_girl
04-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Wowzers. I was upset just driving to my parents and back this weekend haha. $73 to fill up on Tuesday and $60 tonight didn't even fill me up. I swear, what's left of my tax return will be gone in no time at this rate.

04 Rocko Taco
04-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Wow thats great Ric. Any idea why the increase in mileage? Local filling stations just make the swap to summer gas rather than winter blend? New tires? dump all your recovery gear, etc?

Ric
04-26-2011, 05:52 AM
Wow thats great Ric. Any idea why the increase in mileage? Local filling stations just make the swap to summer gas rather than winter blend? New tires? dump all your recovery gear, etc?

Im trying a new gas treatment, this is my first tank, they say it gets better on the second or third tank. Ive never seen this stuff before, but its been around for years, just not retail and I got my hands on it, lol Ill post more and the end of this first tank, then more again after my second tank, but so far, its looking real promising.
Oh, Ive used Seafoam, STP, Gumout etc before, never had even close to these results, lol like Ive said, Ive never got over 300 miles on a tank, Im so excited lol

Im not sure about the summer gas, Ive been here about 6 years now, had the 99 and now the 04 for just over 2 years now so I wouldnt think its the summer gas, being never got more than 300 miles on a tank, not yet anyways, lol

Ill keep you all posted

Ric
04-26-2011, 05:55 AM
oh and gas prices are 3.47 here :( (for the cheap stuff)
and I still have over a 1/4 tank left :drink:

some_odd_girl
04-26-2011, 08:03 AM
I paid $4.29 last night. For the cheap stuff. I would LOVE to pay under $3.50 again!

04 Rocko Taco
04-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Gas here is hovering at 3.67 for the past week. I got new tires, and they MUST be heavy. I was running 265/75/16 set of used tires I picked up, can't even remember the brand, and I was getting high 17 mpg numbers average, with peaks up to 21 if I babied it. (in a 3.4 V6 Taco) with these new tires though, which are 265/70/16 General Grabber A/T's I am getting considerably less mileage.

YotaFun
04-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Ric, Curious, whats the gas treatment your trying?

The Camry passed 300 miles and I am at half a tank which is a first since I have owned the car...

The 4Runner is still at a consistent 170-190 miles to a tank, but I still have to get the o2 sensor back to denso on that one and cut the resonator out of the back thats dented...

Obi..
04-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Cough it up Ric, what's the additive b/c the only change I've shown was 260 last week instead of the usual 200-220 with us going to Summer fuel last week, but then it went right back to 217-ish. *I do get better mileage (in the 230-245mi range) with the gas from the Lake Tahoe region, I bet it's the station fuels here just suck. I never factor in the downhills back to the valley, that's just cheating. ;)

4x4mike
04-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Travel back from Tahoe is always high. It's the terrain, not the gas or the pumps. My old truck had a 30 gallon tank and I'd get good mileage with valley gas up and back.

My '99 4Runner is close to stock tire size and has stock gearing, it's just heavier.
I can get 25 mph coming from Bishop or Bridgeport. Just up and back to South Lake I can get 21 without even trying. Loaded and on the freeway I'll pull 22 mpg with a Yakima rack. Getting 275+ miles on my dented tank is the norm.

YotaFun
04-26-2011, 05:38 PM
I have a Roller coaster of trip that's dead even both ways...

I do agree terrain effects greatly, I have to refuel once I get to the Trails 2 1/2 hours north of me (100 miles or so...) but once I refuel I can wheel all day (about 20 miles in 4Lo and god only knows how many wheel spin opportunities) and then hit the road and get home and still have a 1/4 of a tank of gas left...

Ric
04-26-2011, 06:12 PM
little update, now Im up to 429 miles out of this tank.
yes you read that right, 429..
on weds. I put $40 in my tank, or 11.23 gallons, put 2oz of this treatment in the tank.
Miles when I put the 11.23 gallons in was 101,445
Right now mileage is 101,874
Thats a total of 429 miles from this tank.
(still have an 1/8 left)
This is both city and highway driving, and I do drive it like a V8 :D

ok guys, dont laugh to hard....
I seen this deal online about a bus. op. but wanted to try it for myself first, as I dont believe much of what I see or read online.
I talked to a gentleman about this, and whats its done for his mileage, and told him that I really dont believe what I see online, thats why I want to try it for myself, well you see my results.
I bought some to try it out, but Im still looking into this, and want to see what my next tank is like, Ill keep you posted

Lee
04-27-2011, 04:41 AM
tell us what it is... I have to say, so far this sounds like BS, even though I know you to be a stand up guy.

The biggest thing about these stories that strike me as BS is that if the claims were true and universal, this would be the biggest news story ever and also be the biggest product ever and its inventors would be looking into purchasing both apple and google with their newfound fortunes.

Instead, we have to guess...

Ric
04-27-2011, 06:30 AM
tell us what it is... I have to say, so far this sounds like BS, even though I know you to be a stand up guy.

The biggest thing about these stories that strike me as BS is that if the claims were true and universal, this would be the biggest news story ever and also be the biggest product ever and its inventors would be looking into purchasing both apple and google with their newfound fortunes.

Instead, we have to guess...

Lee, I "totally" understand where you all are coming from, heck Id say the say thing, lol oh thats for the compliment, lol..

The reason I really didnt want to say what the name was, if this worked like they say, I was looking into selling it, or doing it as a business.

The product has never been sold retail, thats why the name is not known yet, but it has been sold wholesale for 22 years, its been to sold to major truck lines and cruise lines, and just very recently being sold through distributors.

The name of the parent company is Nature Rich Inc. and the product itself is called XP3 fuel additive, heres the Corp. website: http://www.naturerich-inc.com/corporate/Xp3.cfm
You all have seen my first tank results, and this morning Ill be filling up again, and posting my second tank results.
If the second tank works even close to my first tank, I will probley be sell this myself, so Ill have my own a site. lol

some_odd_girl
04-27-2011, 09:52 AM
...the government and big oil companies probably won't be happy if this gets out on the market! It's probably pretty spendy though?

Ric
04-27-2011, 10:08 AM
price wasnt bad, I paid $2 bottle, the bottle is 1oz, I put 2 bottles in the tank.
I did this morning just put another $40 of gas in (11.11G) so we will see what this tank does

some_odd_girl
04-27-2011, 10:43 AM
WHAT?! It's THAT cheap? Why the heck isn't this stuff on the market?!

Ric
04-27-2011, 10:52 AM
WHAT?! It's THAT cheap? Why the heck isn't this stuff on the market?!

from my understanding, in 20+ years, they have never sold it retail, only to major truck lines and cruise ships, but just now are going retail, Im still looking into this and the company itself

Lee
04-27-2011, 11:59 AM
ok now i see what its doing... it's doing water dispersion to improve efficiency.

interesting...

if you decide to part with a bottle or 2, I'll buy them from you and report my findings... so long as someone can guarantee me it won't F-up my engine / fuel system!

04 Rocko Taco
04-27-2011, 01:42 PM
I like what I see here Ric, but I have to agree with Lee, that it all seems a little iffy. If this stuff was totally legit, why wouldn't they have ever sold it retail? that would be like the guy who invented the computer keeping it under wraps for 20+ years. It just doesn't make a lot of sense, and if these claims are 100% true (again, I also believe you to be a pretty stand up guy) then, like Lee said, these people would be filthy rich. This stuff would sell like a cure for cancer, and no offense to you, of course, but if this stuff is this great, they wouldn't be looking for private sellers, they would be going straight to mass market with it.

Ric
04-27-2011, 02:57 PM
I like what I see here Ric, but I have to agree with Lee, that it all seems a little iffy. If this stuff was totally legit, why wouldn't they have ever sold it retail? that would be like the guy who invented the computer keeping it under wraps for 20+ years. It just doesn't make a lot of sense, and if these claims are 100% true (again, I also believe you to be a pretty stand up guy) then, like Lee said, these people would be filthy rich. This stuff would sell like a cure for cancer, and no offense to you, of course, but if this stuff is this great, they wouldn't be looking for private sellers, they would be going straight to mass market with it.

no offense taken, not at all. like Ive said, I would not believe it either if I was reading it, lol.
as far as selling it retail, they have sold it for 22 years to major truck line and cruis ship, and just now going retail, geuss they have made enough money lol
again, no offense taken

YotaFun
04-27-2011, 03:42 PM
I'll be interested to see what you get in your second tank.
If your findings hold consistent I might try this as well.

Ric
04-27-2011, 04:11 PM
I'll be interested to see what you get in your second tank.
If your findings hold consistent I might try this as well.

Ill keep ya posted

Crinale
04-27-2011, 05:54 PM
if this is truly legit, your v8 4runner is getting better gas mileage than my DD.. haha

some_odd_girl
04-27-2011, 06:58 PM
if this is truly legit, your v8 4runner is getting better gas mileage than my DD.. haha

Ya and if this is truly legit, I need to feed Betty some of this stuff! O.O

Ric
04-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Those that know me, know I would not come on here and lie, many of you have helped in more ways than I can remember for many years now :drink: I would not lie, fabricate or sugar coat it, the numbers I posted are honest and true, Im sure not everyone will get the same results, but Ive posted mine, and will posted my second tank results, if they are even close to the mileage I got from the first tank, Id be very happy, and will continue to use it, but we will see, lol

Again, I understand not believing, and you all have been nice/polite about it, but to believe just cause some guy online said blah blah blah......... I do understand. :thumbup:

Obi..
04-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Don't feel bad Ric, you have been banned from sites like some of us here, but it's got nothing to do with this, I'm just skeptical b/c you never post this kind of stuff so of course the first thing I thought was..

"He's so full of $#!t his eye's are brown..."

or..

"Account Hacked??"

I'd like this thread to go the route of maybe passing a bottle of the magic elixir to Lance, Steve, or MarcP and seeing it repeatable in other member's vehicle(s). Heck, Corax's truck need's some love send him some! ;)

Crinale
04-27-2011, 09:13 PM
<snip>
"Account Hacked??"

that was my first thought too... haha

Obi..
04-27-2011, 11:55 PM
that was my first thought too... haha

Meds+WebWheeling?? :spit:

/O-T..my bad Ric. :D

We now return you to your normally scheduled tech. :angel:

Ric
04-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Don't feel bad Ric, you have been banned from sites like some of us here, but it's got nothing to do with this, I'm just skeptical b/c you never post this kind of stuff so of course the first thing I thought was..

"He's so full of $#!t his eye's are brown..."

or..

"Account Hacked??"

I'd like this thread to go the route of maybe passing a bottle of the magic elixir to Lance, Steve, or MarcP and seeing it repeatable in other member's vehicle(s). Heck, Corax's truck need's some love send him some! ;)

lol true... as far as getting a bottle or two to someone else here, Ive been PMing someone about that. IF, and only IF, I do/sell this, that person will get (free, cause I know its working for me) a couple bottles and they will also post up.
Untill then, anyone is welcome to buy a bottle for themself, instead of buying some Seafoam, or STP, as we all know, people here already spend money on that. This actually cost LESS than that other stuff, just google/search XP3 fuel additive, you will find people selling it.

Robinhood4x4
04-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Looking at my mileage log, the most I've gotten out of a tank of gas with my V6 is 396 miles at 19.8 gal. That's 20 mpg and my average is 19.7 mpg.

Scuba
04-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Can we get an ACTUAL MPG NUMBER instead of this miles per tank crap?

Nick
04-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Well, I want to call bulls!it. BUT. It's Ric. I lurk and almost never post BUT, it's Ric. Again, so -

My MPG has been horrid lately. Or rather - my 'miles per tank' have been awful. I'm getting something like 170 miles before my gas light comes on, this with new plugs, wires, clean maf, clean throttle body, new denso sensors, new front brakes, etc. I don't drive too hard BUT most of the driving has been under 50 MPH. I don't want to calculate my MPG because I'll cry.

So I'm going to plonk down $30 and order the so called trial kit. I've tired Seafoam, STP, etc - nothing has done squat. I'll post photos when this stuff arrives. We shall see.

troyboy162
04-28-2011, 11:05 PM
im sure its working but there is a catch in here somewhere. I mean whats reasonable to believe? someones had this formula for substantial milage increase for 20 years and billy mase has not put it on tv?.. that america and the world has burned 20% more gas then needed all these years? Im all for conspericy theorys but im guessing this stuff will damage gas engine componets or some other odd issue.

Seanz0rz
04-29-2011, 10:05 AM
fwiw, my low fuel light comes on with about 5 gallons left in the tank. so miles per tank is a worthless figure to me.

mpg is pretty nice figure... fill up the tank, reset odo, drive. when you fill up again, take the number on the odo, divide by the gallons that went into the tank to fill it up, and then bingo, we have a pretty decent number to compare to.

i call shenanigans on general principle

oly884
04-29-2011, 10:40 AM
If it sounds too good to be true....

Look at the claims they make:
Improves combustion and increases engine power
Reduces fuel consumption
Reduces levels of toxic emissions
Stablizes light and heavy oils
Has a detergent and antioxidant effect
Reduces corrosion and increases the life of your engine
Totally disperses water in fuel
Improves engine starting and avoids pre-ignition
Improves the stabilization, lubricity and detergency of the fuel
Works with all classes of gasoline and diesel fuel
Xp3 is a combination of synthetic resins and organic compounds. Does not contain any aromatics or naphtha
100% biodegradable
Improves the pour point
Avoids fuel freezing during winter

2 oz of this stuff is supposed to do all that to a tank of gas?

I'll not say it won't/doesn't work until I see plenty of data, but I'm incredibly skeptical of this stuff.

Anyone else notice how it's funny that all these gas saving devices or additives start popping up when gas prices get high? Anyone remember the 'run your car on water' BS that was around last time gas prices got high?

Ric
04-29-2011, 03:14 PM
If it sounds too good to be true....

Look at the claims they make:
Improves combustion and increases engine power
Reduces fuel consumption
Reduces levels of toxic emissions
Stablizes light and heavy oils
Has a detergent and antioxidant effect
Reduces corrosion and increases the life of your engine
Totally disperses water in fuel
Improves engine starting and avoids pre-ignition
Improves the stabilization, lubricity and detergency of the fuel
Works with all classes of gasoline and diesel fuel
Xp3 is a combination of synthetic resins and organic compounds. Does not contain any aromatics or naphtha
100% biodegradable
Improves the pour point
Avoids fuel freezing during winter

2 oz of this stuff is supposed to do all that to a tank of gas?

I'll not say it won't/doesn't work until I see plenty of data, but I'm incredibly skeptical of this stuff.

Anyone else notice how it's funny that all these gas saving devices or additives start popping up when gas prices get high? Anyone remember the 'run your car on water' BS that was around last time gas prices got high?
I was very skeptical myself, thats why I bought a couple bottles, I didnt want to be the type to just say, it dont work, or it cant work, etc etc without trying it for myself.
All these so called gas saving devices, treatments etc are always here, they are always being marketed, you just see them more when gas prices go up.
Ive even seen now a Japenese company, is making a car the runs on H2O, they are looking for a manufactor to produce them, this was posted on another site: H2O Car - Water Powered Car (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jivb7lupDNU#)
As far as whats in XP3, I couldnt tell you, Im no chemist lol but seriously, what does Seafoam "claim" to do ? Most everyone here, has used Seafoam at some point, Ive used Seafoam plenty of times, but never seen or noticed any increased in mileage, ever. I can imagine the skeptism Seafoam had when they went public.
I will continue to post my results (good and/or bad) as Ive still got a few more bottles, maybe 4 more tanks worth of this stuff.

oly884
04-30-2011, 06:11 PM
A H2O powered car does not make sense. It is impossible to use H2O as a fuel and have any net gain of power. You can split H20 into hydrogen and oxygen, but the laws of thermodynamics make it such that you cannot get any more power from burning the hydrogen that it took to split the water in the first place.

Here's more info on that company:

Genepax Water Energy System

In June 2008, Japanese company Genepax unveiled a car which it claims runs on only water and air,[22] and many news outlets dubbed the vehicle a "water-fuel car".[23] The company says it "cannot [reveal] the core part of this invention,” yet,[24] but it has disclosed that the system uses an onboard energy generator (a "membrane electrode assembly") to extract the hydrogen using a "mechanism which is similar to the method in which hydrogen is produced by a reaction of metal hydride and water".[25] The hydrogen is then used to generate energy to run the car. This has led to speculation that the metal hydride is consumed in the process and is the ultimate source of the car's energy, making the car a hydride-fuelled "hydrogen on demand" vehicle, rather than water-fuelled as claimed.[26][27][28] On the company's website the energy source is explained only with the words "Chemical reaction".[29] The science and technology magazine Popular Mechanics has described Genepax's claims as "Rubbish."[30] The vehicle that Genepax demonstrated to the press in 2008 was a REVAi electric car, manufactured in India and sold in the UK as the G-Wiz.

In early 2009, Genepax announced they were closing their website, citing large development costs[31].

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for increasing efficiency, I've just seen so much BS in this arena that I tend to dismiss any extraordinary claims. That being said, if I'm provided evidence (MPG's before and after, HP readings before and after, etc) then I have no problem believing in the product.

Ric
05-04-2011, 01:08 PM
I know I seen it somewhere, something about Fuelly.com, anyways I signed up there to track this stuff, BUT I will do my best to post here (good or bad) also you all ROCK, heres the link: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/ric

Lets hope that this stuff continues to work.

04 Rocko Taco
05-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Over there, are you going to be tracking miles per gallon? Or still just sticking with the more vague "miles per tank"?

Ric
05-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Over there, are you going to be tracking miles per gallon? Or still just sticking with the more vague "miles per tank"?

check it out, it does MPG, It gives Total Fuel-ups,
Avg Miles/Fuel-up, Avg Price/Gallon, and Avg Price/Fuel-up

oly884
05-04-2011, 01:47 PM
I know it's only been just a bit over a week, but any updates on MPG numbers?

Ric
05-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Ive never really worried about "MPG", I worry moreso how many miles out of a tank Im getting, just never been much into details, Im a easy/simple guy lol
but yes, if you want to know that actual MPG, go to the link Ive posted, it will tell you what the MPG are

oly884
05-04-2011, 02:16 PM
haha, I hear ya!

I'll keep an eye on that link, thanks!

Crinale
05-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Ive never really worried about "MPG", I worry moreso how many miles out of a tank Im getting, just never been much into details, Im a easy/simple guy lol
but yes, if you want to know that actual MPG, go to the link Ive posted, it will tell you what the MPG are

Ric - i know there is a way to post that in forums, ive seen people use it as a signature before.

Ric
05-04-2011, 06:22 PM

oh do you mean a screen shot from the Fuelly site ? if so, Ive done a screen shot once, but cant remember how to, lol.
Ill do my best just to copy and paste when I do a fill up. only on this site, cause you all ROCK, lol

Ric - i know there is a way to post that in forums, ive seen people use it as a signature before.

Crinale
05-05-2011, 01:31 AM
iv never used fuelly, but i know some people who have it as a live update thing as their sig.. not entirely sure how tho, its probably in your control panel on that site

Ric
05-05-2011, 05:55 AM
iv never used fuelly, but i know some people who have it as a live update thing as their sig.. not entirely sure how tho, its probably in your control panel on that site

that would be so cool, if I could have a live update as a sig. Ill look into tonight, thankx for letting me know

Ric
05-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Crinale,
got it, that was easy, even I figured it out, lol Thankx for letting me know :thumbup:

Erich_870
05-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Great post on the fuelly.com! I just set up both of my vehicles and will put it in my sig too!

Erich

Ric
05-06-2011, 05:07 AM
Great post on the fuelly.com! I just set up both of my vehicles and will put it in my sig too!

Erich

yea, I think its pretty cool..
I know that Im way over a major tune-up, Ill do that with my tax refund, plugs, wires, oil, PCV, and air filter, that should help some too.
For some reason, I dont have the same "love" for the 04 as I did the my 99, lol

Ric
05-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Just updating this, this is my 4th tank using this XP3 stuff, and looks like Im not, getting what I did on my first tank, I cant explain it, that first tank was like 40MPG.
I cant explain it, could I have written down a wrong number ? sure. could my math be wrong, sure.
I dont think it is, I hope not, lol but you all know me, Im not going to purposley lie to you, either way I cant explain it.
Over the last few tanks, Im averaging 16.8 MPG looking at the graph here: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/ric/4runner
Mileage is steadely going up, now this is not to defend XP3 (cause I have no stake in them)but I serioulsy need a real Tune-up, soon as I get my refund, I will do plugs, wires, oil change, air filter, PCV filter and see if that helps, I am way over do for a good tune-up.
I think Im going to buy another bottle, just so that I can continue to record this after a good tune-up and see if it does infact work, and I do get an increase in MPG.
This way, I can say for sure, yes it does work, or, no it doesnt work, but I just dont want to say either way, it works/doesnt work without giving it a good honest and fair try ;)

Lee
05-15-2011, 11:29 AM
http://www.fuelly.com/driver/lee08sport/4runner

there's my fuelly profile.

woohoo, despite 33's still getting close to 20mpg... i was getting 21/22 when stock.

Ric
05-15-2011, 12:01 PM
thats awesome, wished I was getting that. Im sure all the gear I carry and the V8 has something to do with my mileage.
Ive always wanted to hit a weigh station to see exactly how much weight all my gear and skids actually weigh.

Lee
05-15-2011, 12:08 PM
You also have fulltime awd too!

Ric
05-15-2011, 01:59 PM
true, Im sure that doesnt help either lmao.

Ric
05-21-2011, 08:58 PM
woohoooo just got 28 MPG on this tank, :clap: I seriously need to do a mjor tune-up, once I get my refund, thats on the list, :hillbill: so Im hoping it will get even better, we will see.

Ive NEVER seen 28 MPG with this rig, ever.
http://www.fuelly.com/driver/ric/4runner

YotaFun
05-22-2011, 05:45 AM
Ric, I am wondering, do you use the same gas station every time you fill up?
Also I am wondering if maybe using the treatment every other fill-up may be a better idea then every fill-up?

Ric
05-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Ric, I am wondering, do you use the same gas station every time you fill up?
Also I am wondering if maybe using the treatment every other fill-up may be a better idea then every fill-up?
nope, not using the same station or gas. click the link, you can click on my "Notes" Im trying to record notes, like what station and how much treatment I use which is one oz. I am trying hard to only use Top Tier Gas.. top tier gas: http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html
Using the treatment everyother might work, but from my understanding, this stuff works by dispersing the water in the gas, making it burn cleaner, I dont know, lol
I do know that my milegage is getting better with every tank, it has to top out/level at some point lol

Ric
05-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Just did the plugs, NGK Iridium, Fram air filter, got the oil and filter to do that this weekend. Hopefully this will also help some :headscratch:
I know have 103542 on the clock

Obi..
06-24-2011, 03:59 AM
:D Ric, what's 221.5miles divided by 13.03gallons? :D Hee-he hee!

How'd you clip in your fuelly pic? ?? Or [img]??

Tankota
07-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Any updates?

Obi..
07-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Using the treatment everyother might work, but from my understanding, this stuff works by dispersing the water in the gas, making it burn cleaner, I dont know, lol
I do know that my milegage is getting better with every tank, it has to top out/level at some point lol

*Not to get too geeky or ignant here, but by dispersing the low H2o content, it inevitably collects at the bottom of the tank. I'd be curious of the long term implications of dispersed H2o rusting out my tank, me I'd rather it go through the system in low content form than collected drops.

04 Rocko Taco
07-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Norcal - there is an HTML code on the fuelly site to clip it into your signature. It updates real time with your fuelly account.

04 Rocko Taco
07-05-2011, 09:56 PM
There IS a drain plug on the bottom of the tank. I wonder about where this water is being dispersed to as well.... I wonder if you should run it to as close to empty as you dare Ric and pull the plug and see what comes out of your tank? Although, this brings up another point...

If water is collecting in the bottom of the tank (I know it is in minute amounts) eventually won't you get enough that the fuel pump (which pulls from the bottom of the tank) is going to hit water?

Obi..
07-08-2011, 02:12 AM
^Exactly why I asked and had concern w/ the product explanation. I'd hate to blow a newer engine b/c of a fuel additive. Then again, I don't run any additives, except moving up to 91 octane for 2 tanks in a row every 10000mi. I know on my 3vze and even with the 5vze if you run too clean a fuel for too long (like 91 octane for months and months) the injectors start to rattle b/c they're "too clean" as was put in a tsb. Not sure how it'll all play out w/ the newer stuff though.

YotaFun
07-09-2011, 02:02 PM
What TSB was there on the injector?
I never have heard of such a thing for the 5vze in the 4Runner...

Seanz0rz
07-09-2011, 07:51 PM
ive never seen that tsb either.

Obi..
07-09-2011, 11:09 PM
We found it (the info/bulletin) using general problem terms/description after my injectors started making noise post rebuild on the upper end. I'd been running 91 octane for the first two months post-rebuild. Something like the higher clean rate removed too much of the lubricants from the check ball area or some techno-babble like that. I now only run 89 most times and it's never come back and I've changed nothing else.

YotaFun
07-10-2011, 05:15 AM
Shane, you think you could pull up that TSB for me, I am having issues finding it.
I have never had injector noise issue but that was 100K ago when I bought the truck and was a young stupid kid thinking 93 was going to boost power....

corax
07-10-2011, 05:36 PM

*Not to get too geeky or ignant here, but by dispersing the low H2o content, it inevitably collects at the bottom of the tank. I'd be curious of the long term implications of dispersed H2o rusting out my tank, me I'd rather it go through the system in low content form than collected drops.

The ethanol present in 99% of the gas sold will suck it up and disperse it evenly throughout your fuel. That's why I laugh whenever I hear people talking about "Gas Dry" or other such products - they're just dumping more alcohol into a tank that's already 10% alcohol

Tankota
10-10-2011, 04:57 PM
So I thought we had something interesting going on here. Did it dead end, fizzle out, or what. If that stuff is really as good as its claims is anyone else using it now?
Let's hear some updates.