PDA

View Full Version : an idea for a advertisement campaign im designing

neliconcept
04-23-2007, 05:15 PM
I decided to use Tread Lightly as my client for this campaign im doing

each ad spread will represent one of the things Tread lightly does, offroading, mountainbiking and hiking even though their is more but im using the word tread as my main focus with tire tracks in mind.

I want to use a white poster board with tire tracks in black over them,

my question is what kind of paint would i be able to use to press my tread onto the white board, i was thinking some wall paint but i have what effect what type will have.

im going to use my bike tread, a foot print and my truck tire tread for each ad design.

I hope this doesnt waste anybodys time

thanks guys

Blake

Cebby
04-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Not sure what sort of paint, but did you consider doing it photographically?

With the graphic filters of photoshop and similar programs, you can get some interesting effects.

bamachem
04-23-2007, 05:28 PM
house paint would be easiest.

use a roller to put the paint on the tire, put the cardboard down in front of the tire, then just drive forward.

calrockx
04-23-2007, 06:09 PM
you can find MTR tread online. i found it a while back when i needed that for something. then maybe add some grunge, make it a brush in PS and tire tracks are easy.

but your way would sure be more authentic, so good luck.

slosurfer
04-23-2007, 06:39 PM

use a roller to put the paint on the tire, put the cardboard down in front of the tire, then just drive forward.

:lol: Or just use the spare so there is no chance of getting it on his 4runner.

neliconcept
04-23-2007, 07:36 PM

:lol: Or just use the spare so there is no chance of getting it on his 4runner.

spare was what i was going to use as its an mtr, but i may do two different tread types

Cal yeah the authentic color is what im going for as well as this will be photographically taken,

the plan is to incorporate Tread Lightly into the actual tread design as well. Its for typography so it has to be somewhat typographical inhanced.

guess im off to get some paint and a roller tomorrow.

Thanks for the tips everybody. ill let yall know what I come up with and display it

slosurfer
04-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Sounds like a cool project. I look forward to seeing the final product.

neliconcept
04-23-2007, 08:30 PM
one thing I have found out this year, doing things with your hands before taking them to the computer is so much fun. I used to be strickly computer design /photoshop/illustrator/freehand/corel user

I may buy a couple pieces of white poster, do a burnout on one (shh dont tell the cops) and try some different stuff. may spill some red drops of paint too. man so many ideas yet so little time to finish them

Mojo_Risin
04-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Are you up at CSU for graphic design? That's my Alma Mater - got my art degree there.

neliconcept
04-24-2007, 10:08 PM
coming this fall yes :) so tired of where im at now, less then a week and done forever here at anderson