PDA

View Full Version : Viewing "child groups" posts in main parent forum?

justinh
04-23-2007, 06:36 PM
It is possible to view the "children" groups posts in the main group? I may be alone in this but I think it would be nice to be able to go into one group and see all the posts instead of having to go into the "children" groups too. Just my rambling thoughts. That way people who have to have their "organization" can still go into the children groups and see the specific posts in that group but those like myself who like to scan through quickly don't have have to click so many times and wait for pages to load since it still seems to be a little slow.

Cebby
04-23-2007, 07:02 PM
The best way is to use recent posts, or updated topics - this puts a list together of all the newest information. There's no way to do what you are asking that I could find.

justinh
04-23-2007, 07:04 PM
The best way is to use recent posts, or updated topics - this puts a list together of all the newest information. There's no way to do what you are asking that I could find.

Thanks Cebby, I have been using the Recent Post feature as my way around it, right now it works fine but when this place gets in its groove and there are 10,000 posts a day that will be a lot to sort through :)

Cebby
04-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Good point. One thing we are working on is to get the full breadcrumb to display under the post instead of just the board name. That will help ID things so it is easier to avoid items that aren't of interest.

justinh
04-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Cool, I am sure this board will undergo many changes along the way. But you are off to a great start with a great core group of people. We recently launched an e-commerce site at work and it is never done, we are 6-months strong and still make changes almost daily to it.