PDA

View Full Version : Toyota has finally taken over the top spot

MTL_4runner
04-24-2007, 07:48 AM
We all could see it coming but it's amazing how fast it actually happened.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18286221/

paddlenbike
04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
We can only hope that Toyota keeps its quality control on the high side. I don't want to see "engineered obsolescence" that comes standard in every GM product.

drguitarum2005
04-24-2007, 04:21 PM
i have mixed feelings about this. i love my toyotas, but im afraid of the direction of America's economy...which is falling in the domestic side and rising in the foreign side. what happens when/if we get into a war with any of these countries that we rely so heavily on? i don't wish that domestic companies like GM and Ford would be on top just because theyre domestic, I wish they produced quality vehicles enough so that they could earn their stay on top and help our own economy instead of some other country. im too much of an american in these viewpoints

Henry
04-24-2007, 09:25 PM
i have mixed feelings about this. i love my toyotas, but im afraid of the direction of America's economy...which is falling in the domestic side and rising in the foreign side. what happens when/if we get into a war with any of these countries that we rely so heavily on? i don't wish that domestic companies like GM and Ford would be on top just because theyre domestic, I wish they produced quality vehicles enough so that they could earn their stay on top and help our own economy instead of some other country. im too much of an american in these viewpoints

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-03-22-american-usat_N.htm

drguitarum2005
04-24-2007, 09:31 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-03-22-american-usat_N.htm

very true, i dont know much about the economy so my thoughts were formed on what little knowledge of it all that i had. its a very good point that cars are just plain global now and its no longer ALL american versus ALL foreign, but thats it a mix of all. trying to find one that is all American to support what i originally said would be much more detailed and labor intensive and i may not end up with a car that suits my needs. good link

Texas Jim
04-24-2007, 09:44 PM
I was selling Toyota's back in 1982 and this has always been a goal of Toyota to become the largest automobile manufacturer in the world. The other thing being as long as the big three.... Jokes of their own self's. Continue at the current levels of economy and reliability, they will continue to hand the market place over to those that are thinking more than what the oil and the rest of big business wants. The simple reason GM is choking isn't because Toyota really does build a better car which fro the time being they do, but it's also the simple facts that everytime the cafe standards were raised in this country the big old three went crying to the feds and said it was impossible to achieve.

Instead of inventing a new wheel they were too busy making sure the government was in their pocket, where other companies were developing a product that gave the consumer value for the money.....I don't worry about them they plaid their cards and sold me out a long time ago. TJ