Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your opinion about inclinometers?

What is your opinion about inclinometers?

Do you rely upon these or not? What are your general feelings about these instruments. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

BWJ
    &quot;In premodern times, the courage of a leader often had to be physical. In the last 500 years it is more often moral. Moral courage is the ability to do what&#39;s right even when it is deeply unpopular, even dangerous. Courage is only found where there is the genuine possibility of loss -- loss of friends, reputation, status, power, possessions or, at the extremes, freedom or life.&quot;<br /><br />~ Mark Joseph

Re: What is your opinion about inclinometers?

i think some people get them either for the cool factor, or just to know how far theyre actually leaning off road...but not really needing them, ya know? there are some who are in off-camber situations often enough where they need to know how they're leaning to get through an obstacle. if it were me, i'd just have it for the cool factor or just to know how far im leaning, knowing im not close to tipping over.
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

I would like an original toyota one for the cool factor, and to know how far I am leaning. Mainly to brag about later.
    My signature

Im always too puckered up and concentrating on my spotter to remember to look at the damn thing.
    LEDED.COM <br />Northeast Toyota Crawlers<br />&#039;07 FJC

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrac
    Im always too puckered up and concentrating on my spotter to remember to look at the damn thing.
    Agreed. Someone had given me a non-toyota one a while back and I never looked at it, not even once.
    [quote author=fustercluck link=topic=2107.msg22283#msg22283 date=1188483178]<br />I&#39;m with Intrepid, there&#39;s no use making a project out of it.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Mistakes: Perhaps it is the purpose of your life to serve as an example to others.

It would be a big bonus if I could get one with a working altimeter.
    My signature

I just installed one for the cool factor..

I have the lev-o-gsuge versions on the passenger side dash and door. It's a little bit of a novelty but there are times when I glance at them or have my wife tell me how far over we are. It reassuring to know you're only at 25 when it feels like 45.

John
    &#039;97 4Runner SR5<br />Front: Tundra Coils/Tokico Trekmasters&nbsp; | Rear: LC Shocks &amp; Coils + SS rear &quot;fixes&quot; | Custom Sliders <br />285/75 Maxxis Bighorn Radials | Retrofit E-Locker | TJM T15 | Custom Rear Bumper | Warn m8000

Their ok they come in handy if you wanna know how much pitch/roll/ or altitude.

The one I installed really annoys my wife haha buzz factor I guess.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing so much, with so little, for so long, that now we can do anything with nothing.

i have a little cheapo one from xtreme to the left of my steering wheel and i have never actually used it. if i "needed" it, im usually puckered like rtrac
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast