Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your opinion about inclinometers?

Re: What is your opinion about inclinometers?

I never look at mine either. I think passengers get more of a kick out of them than anything. I have the cheap-o ones from xtreme mounted to my dash by the vents and on the piller above the passenger seat belt.

not really necessary

I also think they are some what of a novelty,

I did take time to snap a pic once, but rarely look it it, this one is right above the center vents, also have one on the passenger door.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

They are fun I guess.

It is not like they provide an absolute value so you can stop before you lay down. If you have time to wonder, you are all right. If you are really going to go, you will be over without realizing you should have checked the inclinometer.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Paid around $75.00 for mine a while back and I love it in these mountains. Next time someone tells you that they have been on a 40% tell them to prove it,Lol.
    The Altitude comes in handy for me more than the pitch and roll but I have been glad I had it a few times.Fits my dash perfectly and I put a red back light in it to match my other lights.Mike

[img][/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-in-WV
    Paid around $75.00 for mine a while back and I love it in these mountains. Next time someone tells you that they have been on a 40% tell them to prove it,Lol.
    The Altitude comes in handy for me more than the pitch and roll but I have been glad I had it a few times.Fits my dash perfectly and I put a red back light in it to match my other lights.Mike

[img][/img]
    Is that a factory Nissan unit?

I wouldn't mind having one. I might get one eventually, but as for right now they would cause more destraction for me. I should probably be consintrating on the trail, spotter, and not flipping over while 4wheeling.
    &#039;91 Pickup ExtraCab V6 5spd

I put one in... it was fun to begin with but now I rarely notice it. The alt works, but it's metric, so after I convert the numbers I'd be better off just guessing how high I am in the first place.

It's fun (or unnerving) for the navigator to watch though.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Orange]
    1990 4Runner | V6 3.4 | 5spd | 230 someoddthousand miles | SR5 | SAS | RLS | 35&#039;s | ARB | TJM | 217 to 1... and a few other mods
    <br /><br />
    - four wheels | three sticks | two hands | one trail -

Theorertically, wouldn't the lnclometer need to be at the center of the truck to be truely accurate?

john
    &#039;97 4Runner SR5<br />Front: Tundra Coils/Tokico Trekmasters&nbsp; | Rear: LC Shocks &amp; Coils + SS rear &quot;fixes&quot; | Custom Sliders <br />285/75 Maxxis Bighorn Radials | Retrofit E-Locker | TJM T15 | Custom Rear Bumper | Warn m8000

Not sure if the position would effect accuracy.

I am by no means a math whiz, but in my head, I visualize a line at 0 degrees and a fulcrum point (center of vehicle). Now, if I angle this line to 20 degrees measured at the fulcrum... I don't see why it wouldn't be 20 degrees along the same straight line say 3 inches or 3 feet from the fulcrum.

So, in my head I think the answer would be no, position of inclinometer would not matter. Would just have to read zero or level when the vehicle is level and then measure from there.

But, in my head a lot of things make sense that don't quite work out in the real world.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Orange]
    1990 4Runner | V6 3.4 | 5spd | 230 someoddthousand miles | SR5 | SAS | RLS | 35&#039;s | ARB | TJM | 217 to 1... and a few other mods
    <br /><br />
    - four wheels | three sticks | two hands | one trail -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast