View Poll Results: Notchback or Liftback?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notchback

1 11.11%
  • Liftback

8 88.89%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: RA64 Celica build

I just finished rereading this entier thread, and this is one seriously cool car. I've always thought it was a really neat project, and am jealous of the fun rallycrossing! Keep it up!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

pics from Sunday's RallyX (also finished the flip-up headlight delete/bumper recess/custom grill). The Gravel Pit mud was deep with the consistency of freshly poured concrete and a couple ditches waiting to swallow the front suspension if you were unfortunate enough to hit them straight on (my front UHMW skid is decidedly bow shaped now). I was plagued with some intermittent terrible grinding from the front wheels. When I got home and pulled the front wheels I found all the noise was caused by about a pound of gravel (including pieces as big as my thumb) jammed into the caliper grinding into the wheels - I guess it's time for wheel scrapers or 15" wheels so the gravel doesn't get stuck in the calipers

this was one of those ditches - see how the back end is getting light coming out of the ditch? yeah, it hurt a bit

my passenger was screaming & laughing the entire time

here's some video, rewind it 30 seconds for some turbo VW Synchro van action
    http://youtu.be/fA1Kot6vAOk?t=2m47s
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Awesome pics, Keith! That Synchro is awesome, but I really like that old-school Volvo (I think) at 4:10.

Looks like a lot of fun!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Man I always wanted one of the supracelicas as my first car. I know that's an 85 but it reminds me of what I wanted. Probably why I'm still breathing versus wrapped around a telephone pole lol.

Really cool project though. I enjoyed reading the thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

That looked like it should be more fun than the law allows. Some of my favorite 80s cars in there too...Celicas, MR2s, Corolla GTS's...nice.

RWD definitely looks to be the most fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter View Post
    I really like that old-school Volvo (I think) at 4:10.
    I believe that's a Volvo 122 - built and driven by Christopher Conrad, it entered it's first full stage rally just a couple weeks ago in Idaho
    More pics here: https://www.facebook.com/ConradRally or here: https://www.facebook.com/christopher.joseph.conrad

Not quite a zombie thread since it is only 3.5 months old, but I just re-read this thread again, and wondered if there were any other updates or new pics of the car. ( I know you havent been on in a little over a month, but hoping you see this)

I really need some inspiration for my project! (Of course my first project is cleaning out the damn shop, so I can get a project in there. haha)
    Last edited by 04 Rocko Taco; 10-22-2014 at 01:39 AM.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

I still jump into the forums every now and then, but I mostly just lurk.
    a couple updates . . . I stripped a leaf sprung Toyota Van F-code (7.5") axle down to the bare housing and built all new brackets for the Celica's 4 link. It went from 3:76 gears to 4:30 gears for some quick shifting low geared fun. The center section also got a solid pinion spacer, Supra LSD and Weir LSD rebuild kit for way more bite than the factory gave it. Drums got ditched as my first attempt at a custom disc conversion using CAD and having parts laser cut worked out rather well. I also switch to generic "conventional" 5" OD springs for more selection and tuning

240SX rotors, Maxima calipers. IF/when I switch to 5 lug, all I need is 5 lug Van axles and 5 lug 240SX rotors. I also recently picked up a pair of 300ZX calipers (bigger piston) which will bolt onto my adapters - '85 300ZX came in 4 or 5 lug + bigger rotor, so same option for switching lug pattern, though I would need new adapters to use the bigger rotor.

I need an air compressor yet before I can start on the next major project - cutting my 1/4 panels off and grafting Conquest TSi box flares on

Looking really good Keith! I love how you are able to source parts from all over the place. Toyota van and Nissan parts on an old Celica....I would have never guessed!

BTW, I'm living in the NW now and wouldn't mind checking out one of your rally races. Is there an online schedule or something posted somewhere?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter View Post
    BTW, I'm living in the NW now and wouldn't mind checking out one of your rally races. Is there an online schedule or something posted somewhere?
    Where in the PNW? There's a National Challenge happening on July 25th and 26th in Chehalis, WA. The rest of the RallyX's will likely be in Vancouver, WA near the Oregon border. If you come out bring a helmet, or borrow one of the loaners, and take a few ride-alongs - they're free, and most everyone will let someone sit in the silly seat for a ride.

There's also a stage rally near Shelton, WA with fully cages cars going stupid fast through the woods near the end of September. If you wanna check that out, let me know and I'll give you some tips on spectating (not sure if I'll be working that event).

Oregon Rally Group, click on the Rallycross tab on top: http://oregonrally.com/

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast