Thread: Level or lift and level a 2005 4WD

Level or lift and level a 2005 4WD

UY,

My father called and wants his 2005 4WD off the ground. I looked on toytec's site and found a few economical options. This isn't a trail rig so I thought of a spacer lift 1st. I see the 3" lift that lifts and level the 4Runner, or a 2" spacer that just lifts the front and brings it level with the rear. For some reason I think anything over 2.5" of lift should be suspension component replacement and not in the form of spacer, am I crazy? There will be no bumpers added to the vehicle but sliders and skid plates are on his list.

Thanks for the help, also what does the 3" lift/ level look like installed?

I can, because I don't know that I can't.

Re: Level or lift and level a 2005 4WD

My buddy and I put a spacer lift on his 2005. It's a 3 in the front and 2 in the rear. Overall pretty easy and maintains his Xreas system. You might want to check into your fathers rig. The Xreas is really nice but needs to maintain the factory shocks so replacing a lot of parts makes the project much more complex, I'm glad we didn't go that route.

Here are some pics of his. He's running the stock tires he had on before the lift along with some Sydertrax wheel spacers. I forget how big the wheel spacers are but I'm guessing 1.25 -1.5"

Weird, won't let me post pics with the text.

This shot is far away but it put's it into perspective with Paddlenbike's 4runner. It's the one that looks like yours but he doesn't have the LC coils.

We were drinking beer during the install instead of taking before and after pics (or measurements for that matter). Pre lift the thing was really low. It drove great and the tires filled the wheel wells but it was low.

After the lift it much higher and needs the next size up in tire. FWIW it still rides great, better than any lifted 3rd gen I've been in. The lift was from Jason Burtman.
    http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoo..._03_up_liftkit

Word of warning. He waited close to 4 months for all the parts to come. He got the run around the entire time. He said he would never order anything from him again so shop around.

Was this what you were looking for?