Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dan's Cross-Country Road Trip

Re: Dan's Cross-Country Road Trip

i attempted it, late june, we got stuck, had alot of fun.

dan, i have the maps somewhere, if i can find them ill send them to you if you'd like. the routes are pretty remote.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by corax

I'm not sure about WA, but statewide Oregon requires a $10 OHV permit (good for 2 years) before you hit the dirt.

I didn't know this about OR. We go for a couple week long trips every year and I spend a lot of time on the dirt passing through to more populated areas as out friends live in a rural part of the state. I've never been stopped nor seen anything indicating I needed an OHV pass for my vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    Quote Originally Posted by corax

I'm not sure about WA, but statewide Oregon requires a $10 OHV permit (good for 2 years) before you hit the dirt.

I didn't know this about OR. We go for a couple week long trips every year and I spend a lot of time on the dirt passing through to more populated areas as out friends live in a rural part of the state. I've never been stopped nor seen anything indicating I needed an OHV pass for my vehicle.
    4x4s would be class II
    http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/ATV/Permits.shtml

Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Good to know, thanks. I should send that link to our friend as we drive the tractor on a forest road or two.

Thanks for the info guys. If I do make it up to Oregon, I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345