Thread: Oem light switch with PIAA lights

Oem light switch with PIAA lights

Just got a set of PIAA 520 lights. I do not want to use their switch so i got the oem toyota switch (part#PT297-89013-sw) for the dash.
    Any threads or write ups on how to hook up the wires to the toyota switch? Can i just splice the right wires and wrap them into the prongs on the switch?
    2002 4Runner SR5&nbsp; /&nbsp; 3.4V6&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4WD&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4-Speed Automatic&nbsp; /&nbsp; Sonoran Steel System 7.2 Lift Kit&nbsp; /&nbsp; BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires&nbsp; 255/85/R16&nbsp; /&nbsp; Stubbs Welding Standard 1.5&quot; Rock Sliders&nbsp; / ARB Bumper / Safari Snorkel / BudBuilt Front Skid / PIAA 520 SMR 6&quot; Driving Lights /&nbsp; Deckplate Mod&nbsp; /&nbsp; K&amp;N Air Filter&nbsp; /&nbsp; OEM Bug Deflector&nbsp; /&nbsp; Husky Liners&nbsp; /&nbsp; Thule rack / Cobra 75 WX ST / Outdoor Logic Drifter Antenna Mount / Rugged Ridge Hawse Fairlead License Plate <br />Photos &amp; write-ups: http://frohbego.blogspot.com/

Re: Oem light switch with PIAA lights

Is the PIAA switch something special? The Toyota one should be a direct replacement. Does your Toyota switch have the orange back light? If so yoi need to ground the switch for the orange light to turn on. The in and out on the switch needs to be in the correct order for the orange light to turn on when the piaas are on and not vise versa. If there is question as to the prongs on the toy switch use a mutli meter on the continuity setting. I think I went over this in my Hella 500 ff HID conversion thread. If not let me know and I'll dig out my extra switch and let you know.

thanks mike! i actually just got the basic with with no orange light. it just has two prongs on the back. I wanna use that instead of the PIAA switch since it will not fit into the dash slot.
    2002 4Runner SR5&nbsp; /&nbsp; 3.4V6&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4WD&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4-Speed Automatic&nbsp; /&nbsp; Sonoran Steel System 7.2 Lift Kit&nbsp; /&nbsp; BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires&nbsp; 255/85/R16&nbsp; /&nbsp; Stubbs Welding Standard 1.5&quot; Rock Sliders&nbsp; / ARB Bumper / Safari Snorkel / BudBuilt Front Skid / PIAA 520 SMR 6&quot; Driving Lights /&nbsp; Deckplate Mod&nbsp; /&nbsp; K&amp;N Air Filter&nbsp; /&nbsp; OEM Bug Deflector&nbsp; /&nbsp; Husky Liners&nbsp; /&nbsp; Thule rack / Cobra 75 WX ST / Outdoor Logic Drifter Antenna Mount / Rugged Ridge Hawse Fairlead License Plate <br />Photos &amp; write-ups: http://frohbego.blogspot.com/

Oh then that's easy. One prong is in, one is out. If the switch doesn't switch in the configuration you want switch the leads. My lit toy switch has 6 prongs.

Just be sure to use the PIAA relay so the switch doesn't get hot from too much amperage going through. I've had to do two kits in the last few weeks for newb's who can't wire to save their lives.

You can even use a ECT switch with the graphics cleaned off like I did if you wanna.

Good to go!

Damn you. That bumper looks great.

Thanks Ken! I think the build is finally complete.... At least my bank account says so