Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Portable air compressor

Re: Portable air compressor

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    my reason for dual alts is redundancy. if one dies, i can survive on the second.

I see ya. Well, with a bracket it looks like you can do it with a York in there as well. If it were me and I was worried about an alt going out I would just throw one in the tool box as it would less of a head ache than a bracket, wiring and the threat of double failure. What happens if water/mud/heat/zombies takes out your alternator and your second one is mounted right next to it, chances are they're both done.

A spare in the tool box would be ready to go, same belt and everything. Plus if you're traveling with a bunch of other 4runners on a trip and one of theirs goes out you'd be the knight in shining armor with your spare. That alone would get you all the Diet DP and meals for the remainder of the trip.

Plus with an engine mounted compressor you can leave your MV50 at home freeing up interior room for the spare alternator.

Just trying to look for excuses for you to get a York.

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter

I never would have thought all that could fit!
    Impressive isn't it. I'd hate to get in a head on with that guy.

I don't remember where I found the pictures but I was impressed and had to save them.

With that much battery power all he needs is an electric traction motor and he can make it a hybrid.

For all we know he already does. Maybe that allowed him to remove the evap canister to accomplish the rest of his mods.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123