Thread: AC service Equipment

AC service Equipment

I've been looking at getting some AC service tools because I'd like to at least be able to do some simple checking of stuff at home before I resort to bringing my vehicles into the shop. Luckily all the vehicles I'd be working on just use R-134a (no R-12) so the adapters should all be the same. I was just wondering if any of you guys have an AC manifold and if so what brand did you go with?

I've looked at Snap-on, MAC, Matco and Robinair (supposedly makes them for the 3 others)
    Here's what a manifold looks like:

Lemm know what you know.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Re: AC service Equipment

I also need to look at getting some AC leak detecting equipment too. Obviously there's the expensive Snap-on set, but I was wondering if anyone had experience here either? I'm looking for something like the pic below that has the UV LED light, glasses, R-134a dye injector, etc.

Here's what the typical kit looks like:
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD