Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool Storage

Re: Tool Storage

Funny you came back to this Mark and Sean. I was just going to post the link in Mark's post.

My setup hasn't changed but I do plan to add a few more bits to the tool wraps but really I just need more pictures to show everything. Small bolts, nuts, bailing wire, zip ties, little springs and some thinking out of the box can get you home or make fixing something a little easier.

I dumped most of my stuff in a Hardig case now but I'm not sure I like the set up. Only good part is I can turn it on edge and my gear sprawl can be contained verticaly.

Navigator

I forgot about this thread.. This will probably be a project for winter/spring for me.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

found cheap $7 organizers at home depot last night. they have been a big help in organizing my soft tool bags. Time will tell how well they hold up but they seem reasonably tough enough.

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/husky-3...l#.UOifRmzLSYU

I have a few sets of those bags and the only thing I don't like is that they are too stiff. It's not bad if they are full but half full being stuffed in another bag they take up a lot of room.

So I think I am ready to start to tackle this problem again.

I have since made a smallish change to how I store my tools. I now have a very nice Plano weather resistant tool box that all my odds and ends go into. However, I am still struggling with organizing the wrenches and sockets. I would like to better utilize my ammo cans as well.

Still not sure how I should go about building the organizers that I need. Plastic is probably the easiest option, but I am also looking into wood and sheet steel.

Any ideas?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Without making a "system" too large I find it best to ditch containers and organizers. I would use a carabiner or something similar to keep all the wrenches in one place. Even if they are in a box you can remove them all at once. They are still in one piece too so they would be harder to loose. For sockets I'd get some socket rail from HF and cut them to fit inside of your kit.

Like I've mentioned before I like multiuse tools for trail tools as they take up less space and you don't have to remove everything from home for a trip.

Harbor freight has the plastic socket racks, all I will use these days. They are cheap enough at HF to buy a whole bunch and have enough socket holders and rails.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

I actually found something that should work very well. I will post up tomorrow.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Both socket sets (minus some specialty sockets that will be relocated elsewhere):

more details to come!
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast