Thread: Paging: 79-95 Trucks and 4Runner Members!

Paging: 79-95 Trucks and 4Runner Members!

What the heck are you all up to these days??

MaK92-4Rnr-Well I know now that Mark's a traitor sellout. At least get a Cruiser or do a sick buildup of a 1st-Gen Runner or I'll personally visit and kick you.

Corax-Keith's whittling away at projects here and there and is by far the most dedicated/insane among us.

X-Tool Pimp-Haven't hear much lately, how's life?

Gabe-Well, what the heck's up man??

Slosurfer-Chris, tell me it isn't sitting there rusting away and still puffing clouds of grey fog?

I'll keep the list short, if you are listed reply straight out. Better yet, reply and if there's someone else who's been sandbagging during the "recession" feel free to "Call them out thusly." also.

Lets see some tech here peoples-eses!!??

Shane

~I'll reply afterwards with what we've been up to and the litle projects I've whittled away at.

WARNING:
    All you members in the other parts of the forum who think you're safe from a similar act of wrath from me wait, it's coming!! Reply here, or bump your threads.

Don't make me unleash my awesomeness upon you!
    [img width=800 height=570]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-6lf4YnaQvNU/TuLFeFAmgvI/AAAAAAAAAmQ/6lLizjobCAc/s1024/IMG_0083.JPG[/img]

~This is a simple post, don't read too far into it, I would love to read/see/hear how everyone else has been doing and see some pictures of your rigs again.

Re: Paging: 79-95 Trucks and 4Runner Members!

well i got the wife a 97 third gen, and have been hunting for a first gen 4runner finally got one, i will be at pismo for sure, trying to find a house to buy, what a night mere
    i sell cars to soon to ever work on them

I remember you posted that bit in the Pismo thread, any pics yet? Let's see it.

Navigator

Well I'm only the owner of half of my 91 4runner anymore XD (should be completely gone soon). But ive been busy lately, work from 8am to 7pm, tryin to pay off debts so I haven't been buying much, although I am in the process of slowly buying parts to build my Taco. I really hope I can have it all built by Pismo; my stock suspension is so shot I can't even align the damn thing (bushings? what are those??). Still trying to find someone to buy my long travel from the 4runner which would help me pay some things off too
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

If I had the budget I'd buy it. That said house payments overrule almost everything and I'm due for the following...

Pushing 155k within this month, so another 80k-90k Service. I do the severe duty regimen, even though my rigs clean it sees a ton of stop and go traffic as well as long highway trips @ 65-70-ish mph for 4-6 hours each way easily every two to three months.

~Ball Joints (Inspect, likely replace, they're originals.)
    ~Timing Belt/Idler/H2O-Pump (last one was at 79k.)
    ~Tune-Up (IIRC was about 100k.)
    ~Valve Shims (Ditto, 100k.)
    ~Trans Fluid (Whenever it was I did my swap, overdue for sure.)
    ~T-Case Fluid (Ditto.)
    ~Differential(s) Fluid (Ditto and the rear fluids even older.)
    ~Debating rear shoes and drums also, originals still.

Should have done the drivetrain oils when I did the clutch but I got lazy and saved $ for our house down payment.

I just picked up a 1986 Turbo 4runner a few months back that I've been building up! My build thread is on yotatech though ( http://www.yotatech.com/f116/stryker...-build-248899/ ). Hopefully I can buy Kevin's long travel kit soon! I just need to get it to stop overheating on highway grades and get a idler arm that can hold up to my 35s!

Does anyone have a shop manual for the 3.0 more specifically the shim procedure for the vales ? I have the click on my 89 3.0 w 120k miles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk