Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nor-Cal HWY 4 Get-2-Gether! AKA: The "Heeeeree Fishy Fishy Fishy" Thread

Nor-Cal HWY 4 Get-2-Gether! AKA: The "Heeeeree Fishy Fishy Fishy" Thread

Who's down to goof off on whatever's open as far as fireroads, etc up the HWY-4 Cooridor?

I have a weekend coming up and will be up there to see my family and after getting completely skunked and hailed out at Huntington Lake, etc I want to drop a line or something in either Spicer Resivoir or Alpine Lake. I got a customer who just pulled a couple out of there, 1@ 10lbs and another @ 20lbs, on the same day trolling w/ a downrigger. That means there's smaller one's that are legal in there too.

I figure we can all go up, eat lunch, or whatever and hang out in a relaxing stress free family or friend type event.

Re: Nor-Cal HWY 4 Get-2-Gether! AKA: The "Heeeeree Fishy Fishy Fishy" Thread

lets go love alpine great lake and lots of fishing to be done there, let me know when you are heading up, i am planning a trip so far for the weekend of 8-18 to go and camp at sour grass trail and there is some nice fishing in there to, and it is a fun trail
    i sell cars to soon to ever work on them

^That just might work out for a scouting run. I'm shooting for August 4-5 or 11-12.

OK, 2 people are in. Give the mouse a cookie and let's see where this goes!

depending on the date and timing and location, we might stop by
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Maybe I should have called the thread "Rod-Reel and Wheel"?

Those weekends don't really work for me as I've got different stuff going on in different areas.

Sean, are you guys coming up here? Most stuff in that area is closed trail wise but there is more stuff a little up my way (off 50 east of Sacramento).

The plan is for me to be near Walnut Creek on the 4th and the next weekend will have me at my sister's helping replace 250 feet of fence.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike

The plan is for me to be near Walnut Creek on the 4th and then head over and help Shane build the backyard play area at their new house by the Dumbarton Bridge.
    FIXED.

FWIW this is just a floating idea right now. It's pretty much fire roads or unimproved access since it's a part of the closures. You know we'll be up your way to get to Tahoma before the end of September. I just need to do something before I go batty. I am just not down to have to travel more than 5 hours to try to get a little rest, wheel what I can, and then have to drive all the way back before Sunday night to work Monday morning. Vacation time this year's going to be repairing the roof on the house in Mexico.

Wish I could stay around. I'm actually going to be meeting up with Bob in the morning as he's going to be up. I'll have at least one kid with me (which is more like a ticking time bomb) so I'd have to be back home before too long.

Trust me, I know the feeling. MissLil'One's 2.5 now. Another reason to go fishing w/ the guys. IIRC the last time I saw Bob was him flying past in the #1 lane on I-5.

mike, plan is to travel through, maybe camping somewhere to make our drive back from portland 2 or 3 days, maybe.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast