Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tail pipe mod

Re: tail pipe mod

Quote Originally Posted by AZ4ME
    Mine is also cut off right behind the rear axle and I have never had any issues with it. Rear window down and all.
    Sorry for the off topic but that avatar is so freaking awesome!

Back to your regularly scheduled program....
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

dude you have some mad flex on that thing
    2002 Tacoma 4x4 3.4 v6 4-Door <br />96k miles and counting!

for those of you guys that have your tailpipe cut off somewhere under your 4Runner and don't have any issue with exhaust coming in through the back window, do you have a rear spoiler?

i only ask this because I just cut my tailpipe off just past the rear axle, similar to Ric's, and during the first few minutes of driving i get a bunch of exhaust smell in the cab, and I do not have the rear spoiler. I'm wondering if that little guy plays a big role in keeping exhaust out.

(yes i know this is the 96+ board and i have a 91)
    -Wallace<br /><br />&#039;91 4Runner | 3.0 | 5sp | 4WD | 31x10.5r15 BFG AT | 15X8 Cragar black steelies | BJ spacers | OME 901 coils | OME shocks | OME steering stabilizer | Sonoran Steel Rear IFS Truss

No that is a good point to make. If that spoiler is not there it will make a big diff. Good catch!
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

ya im pretty sure that spoiler is there to help keep away fumes with exhaust exiting in stock location. im going to cut mine see what happens
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Anthony (ADH8796) and I just cut mine off above the axle. Before that I had it routed straight out the rear with a Magnaflow tailpipe. The fumes when it was coming straight out the back were pretty bad. Now with it cut off the fumes are gone.

It definitely sounds a lot different, quieter on the highway but more noisy when I'm driving in the city with all the windows down.

I think it looks a lot better this way though.

Fink

yesterday i went to my friends work to use his plasma. made quick work of that pipe . i cut about 1-1.5ft i havent got any fumes in and i drove with the back window down to make sure. i cut it so the pipe is pointing down behind the rear tire. i also thought i was going to havta make a new bracket since i cut the old one off but it dosent hit n e thing.

now the lowest thing in the back of my truck is trailer hitch. but that must stay for protection till i make a bumper
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Yep no fumes here and keeps everything clean and easy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12