I got a little time to do some work on the bumper. So far I'm pretty happy with how it's coming out. I'm not too happy with my welder and may be looking for another. Mine is having wire feeding issues and it's causing some sloppy work and trying my nerves. I'll be looking for deals but at the same time continuing on my with my work.

I got both pieces semi welded in. For the most part I'm trying to get the pieces in there. I'll probably have someone else weld from the back side to really burn it in place. Mine is in there but doesn't have the penetration I want or need. This is good though because it will keep this piece from warping which is what I'm fixing in the first place.

I'm really glad I kept that bend on the little wing. It has helped me keep things in alignment and making 2 pieces was easier than one piece with a bend in it.

I've ground down most of the welds as I'm trying to make this look as it hasn't been repaired. Like I said the backside will get burned in some more. There is still some more grinding and welding to do but that will be for later.

When I uploaded the pic I realized I still have a relief cut to weld. It's the small vertical cut on the front.

Front

Kind of weird angle but it shows the thing is square again. It used to have quite a twist in it.

This is the next piece to build. I think parts will be fun and other parts will be hard and annoying.

Bent, twisted and dented. At least the other side is usable as a template.