Thread: Safari snorkel + Deck plate mod?

Safari snorkel + Deck plate mod?

About to install a safari snorkel on my 02 4runner. I did the deck plate mod a while back and my question is do i need to close up the hole once the snorkel is installed? or can it remain open but close it up when in dusty or wet conditions?

THANKS
    2002 4Runner SR5&nbsp; /&nbsp; 3.4V6&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4WD&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4-Speed Automatic&nbsp; /&nbsp; Sonoran Steel System 7.2 Lift Kit&nbsp; /&nbsp; BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires&nbsp; 255/85/R16&nbsp; /&nbsp; Stubbs Welding Standard 1.5&quot; Rock Sliders&nbsp; / ARB Bumper / Safari Snorkel / BudBuilt Front Skid / PIAA 520 SMR 6&quot; Driving Lights /&nbsp; Deckplate Mod&nbsp; /&nbsp; K&amp;N Air Filter&nbsp; /&nbsp; OEM Bug Deflector&nbsp; /&nbsp; Husky Liners&nbsp; /&nbsp; Thule rack / Cobra 75 WX ST / Outdoor Logic Drifter Antenna Mount / Rugged Ridge Hawse Fairlead License Plate <br />Photos &amp; write-ups: http://frohbego.blogspot.com/

Re: Safari snorkel + Deck plate mod?

you can leave it open and close it when necessary. I see no reason it should interfere.

the only question i would have is would the incoming ram air effect from the snorkel disturb the incoming air from the deck plate. even if it does, there should still be plenty of air provided to the engine.

good luck on the snorkel install. hardest part is getting the nuts on the studs in the fender. ratcheting wrenches come in handy here...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.