Thread: 22re running rich

22re running rich

i have a 1991 toyota pickup that i just replaced the 22re in! i replaced the engine because my chain ate through the cover but other than the oil displacement the engine ran fine! since i have replaced it the engine has ran really rich! i have checked all vacumes< mass airflow sensor, injectors, fuel pressure regulator, tps, and cleared all check engine codes! Now i am lost!!!!

Re: 22re running rich

an old, damaged, or incorrect o2 sensor can also cause the engine to run fuel rich.

make sure the one you have is a denso model, as bosch have been known to cause problems on other vehicles.

go ahead and double check the vac lines, and make sure there are no leaks. this is the most likely cause.

oh, and welcome to the forum!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I will try that and get back to you!!

great way to check for leaks is to spray brake cleaner or carb cleaner around your vac lines with the motor running, listen to the way it runs, when it changes, wherever you are spraying is a leak.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE