Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Desert Jamboree" Planning Thread - Please Help!

Re: "Desert Jamboree" Planning Thread - Please Help!

I've been working on some ideas, i will post about that when i have more time.

I'd like to visit the desert megaphone, and if not too far, the cross dedicated to WWI vets that caused so much controversy a few years ago. I'll work on it after i complete my latest project, cleaning out the garage (yet again..)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: "Desert Jamboree" Planning Thread - Please Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    I've been working on some ideas, i will post about that when i have more time.

I'd like to visit the desert megaphone, and if not too far, the cross dedicated to WWI vets that caused so much controversy a few years ago. I'll work on it after i complete my latest project, cleaning out the garage (yet again..)
    Again,those both sound good to me too.

Bumping this one since I started looking for another Mojave type route. I'm looking at something between palmdale and 29 palms. There are a lot of east/west trails out there and I can imagine they would all link without too much effort. Question is if there is enough sights to see to make it fun. Its certainly closer, but looses a lot of fun factor for not being as remote as MR.

-Lucerene valley has at least a days worth of sites
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...403?highlight=
    -Johnson valley beyond that could take a day without even going to the hammers. not to mention crossing the road brings you into rattlesnake canyon and everything big bear.
    -Stodard wells area should have about a day of things to see though this is more of a Offroad destination area with toy haulers and stuff.
    -West of barstow is some x-plane crash sites...not sure how interesting those would be.

Thanks for the bump!

I've been working on some plans and routes, but I'm on trip-hiatus right now. I'll pm you more info about all that.

I'm still looking at doing a Mojave Preserve run that is NOT the Mojave Road, since there is so much more to see beyond the Road.

I am also looking at a similar run to what a friend did a couple of years ago, making it from the desert to Pismo with as much dirt as possible. Some of the problems are coming across new developments that turned BLM land into private or at the very least, fenced federal land.

And again, it is important to find cool stuff along the way.

If you have a proposed route or a string of POIs, let me know and I'll do the planning for them.

Stay tuned!

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

pm sent with a rough trip.

barstowrun.jpg
    Last edited by troyboy162; 10-18-2013 at 01:53 AM.

couple spots I was thinking about were White mtn(inyos) and Mazourka canyon. White mtn is definatly a summer trip since its high altitude. Mazourka looks like it could be anything but winter/early spring since it can have lots of snow that needs to melt. The greater bishop area (if you can call it that) seems to have alot to offer on both sides of the 395. I just wish it was closer.

Yeah, I'm looking to do a good camping weekend, but since getting a Friday or Monday off is virtually impossible now, I will settle for BB or somewhere nearby. Hoping to get out sometime in the next couple of weeks, but we'll see.

Hard to rule out big bear! I'd be up for some overnighters

Are you back stateside? I'm hoping to go in the next few weeks, but probably just me and Lexi. We could use a mini vacation!

I hate all these planning threads….lol. Makes me wish I were back on the left coast again. I'm really itching for another road trip.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast