Thread: Cat Convrt/Oxy Sensor Trouble

Cat Convrt/Oxy Sensor Trouble

Was under the truck lubing up the d-shaft and noticed something odd. My upstream O2 sensor is melted at the harness connection. I managed to try and salvage at least the connector at truck side of the harness but it seems its also melted pretty good. We shall see if I am able to free whats left of the actual sensor plug but IDK for sure. Anyone know where i can get the truck side harness, cant seem to find one on ebay and I REALLY dont want to pay toyota.

Also tapping on the cat and it rattles, thats not good imho. The truck always felt rather luck luster for power but I just thought that was the way it was, always been that way. Cat seems no good, forget removing the bolts for it. I found online a magnaflow weld in that I probably will buy and try and see if a buddy can cut mine out and weld this in.. IDK for sure tho.

Sucks cause Im kinda low on funds..

ETA: Anyone use the direct wire in 02 sensors? Ill buy an NGK or Denso but have no clue how to wire it.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Re: Cat Convrt/Oxy Sensor Trouble

I'm of no help but I do have my old A/F sensor wiring that crapped out. It looks like an o2 sensor with the plastic plug and short pigtail of wires. There are 4 wires, 2 black, a white and a blue. The wires are about 12" long. You might be able to splice these into your damaged harness but I believe the sensor works on wire resistance. Let me know if you want the pigtail.

Thanks for the offer Mike, it might be worth it. Tomorrow when I get a chance Im going to try and dig whats left of the old sensor out. The sensor plug itself melted, but the wire harness plug looks relatively good.

Anyone got thoughts on the magnaflow replacement cat? http://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-9900...F8&Make=Toyota|76&Model=T100|1036&Year=1996|1996&carId=005&n=156 84181&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=automotive

Funny thing of it all, the )2 sensor must be working. NO CEL and it passed inspection no problem just yesterday lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    Thanks for the offer Mike, it might be worth it. Tomorrow when I get a chance Im going to try and dig whats left of the old sensor out. The sensor plug itself melted, but the wire harness plug looks relatively good.
    This is what I have to give you. Sensor side plug (for a 4runner-your might be similar) with the wires.

There is no sensor on it. I cut it off at the top of the sensor so it's the full length. I'm not sure why I cut it off though and don't know where it is.

If you want/need the plug with wires let me know and I'll pop it in the mail.

I think that might work Mike. Gonna go outside now and see if maybe I can salvage mine just so I dont have to cut and splice what equates to only 3 inches of wire which is a total pita to get too.

If I need it I will hit you up.

Im still trying to figure out how to get the cat to fit. Appears that there is a slight bend where it meets the manifold near the O2 sensor itself.

No dice. The plug is done for. Mike, it looks like perhaps thats my oxygen sensor side plug. I need the other half it plugs into it seems. The half of the plug I need is side where those prongs go into. Hmmm, might have to go to the junk yard...

heres some pics of the part I need along with the melted plug

The last pic is the part of it I need. I think Im gonna have no choice but to go to the junkyard. Local one has a few older toyotas at least. Its either that or a direct wire in.