Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sonora Pass (California) trip report

Re: Sonora Pass (California) trip report

Colin, be sure to post pics, I love the Mammoth area.

And Obi, I have walked out of that area before...about 15 years ago a friend and I got stuck and we had to hoof-it in the dark. It wasn't fun.

I absolutely will. Taking pics and sharing them is one of the best parts of getting out! I am going to attempt to snake a Canon 5D from work for the trip. My point and shoot would be okay, but an SLR is so much better.
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

I initially bought a point and shoot camera because I didn't think I would lug around a dSLR. Now that I have a dSLR I never carry the point and shoot. The photo quality is so much better, the lens covers a wider range (I use an 18-200, which has a nice wide angle and a decent zoom) and it will shoot 4.5 frames a second, versus my point and shoot that took 1.5 seconds to focus and about that time again to actually take a picture. I missed a lot of shots with that and didn't have the zoom to even bother with other shots.

Yes. I know exactly what you're saying. I sold my SLR a couple years back. Only pics we were taking was when we were running around with the kids. Point and shoot just worked better for that. But once again I have a need/want for a good SLR. Think I need a 3rd job.... Haha.
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12