Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To catch the Nalgene bottle thief in my office---need some ideas

Re: To catch the Nalgene bottle thief in my office---need some ideas

Tell that to the boss and secretary? Drum-Riff.

Set up a stream for us, so we can watch it live!

^ yep yep!
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

^I want someone to tape it since I goto bed way too early these days. Insert the BITD story here, I rarely am up past Midnight w/ the Lil'One's room so closeby.

Yes, I have been waiting for just the right time to bust out this gif.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    Make sure to put a sign on your desk that says "This desk monitored by video surveillance equipment" to avoid any unnecessary legal issues.
    I don't think this is necessary:

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7452958_pu...ost-sign_.html

No laws in the United States require signs giving notice of hidden camera surveillance, particularly when surveillance takes place in a public setting where citizens have no expectation of privacy.
    Federal laws do prohibit hidden cameras in places where citizens have a reasonable expectation of privacy, such as bathrooms, hotel rooms, changing rooms and locker rooms. In workplaces where employment contracts include a clause requiring employees to consent to surveillance, employers often reinforce that agreement with a sign warning that surveillance cameras are operating.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

While i agree that you probably don't legally need the sign, you may want to include one just to cover your butt.

Bob, you may also want to check with your boss/HR on recording fellow employees. There may be some internal regulations on this.

The sign can be small and rather inconspicuous. The sign alone may deter the future theft itself. I would just hate to see you lose your job over something very stupid.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

sweet baby jesus guys, make up your mind. from live streaming view of a trigger activated, pepper spray allah akbar bomb to warning labels all over my cube? i'm just gonna do it. if i catch the bastid, ill decide then and there after consultation with some of the people in the know that i know in the company.

http://www.amazon.com/Primos-Truth-C...s=trail+camera

I've used these before, works good on deer and any other critters. It's a bit obvious, but if you hide it right, they'll likely not even pay attention since it has an IR flash.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

So long as we get to watch the play by play and eventu8al smackdown do whatever ya gotta buddy.

Bob, that looks like the same camera I have. I would just go for it--if you catch the perpetrator on film at least you'll know who did it and you can advise management who did it. Even if they refuse to use the footage to fire the person, it's not going to help that employee's reputation in the office--the word will get around and it won't be good for that employee.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast