This is not a very good post but I have gone from the army shell bandage "$100 bandaid" to a QuickClot pad and now I think I'm moving to Celox traumua gauze.
http://www.rescue-essentials.com/Cel..._p/20-0070.htm

This stuff is used when you are going to bleed out aka die, and thats the only time I would shove it into my body although they claim its safe enough for nose bleeds.

like I said not a very good post but I just read a ton and these things caught my eye

-made of 100% active ingredient
-that ingredient can remain in your body with no ill effect if necessary, but it can be just flushed out with water at the hospital
-no possibility of burning cause it dosnt work that way
-turns into gel as it absorbs blood and causes blood that comes into contact with it to clot
-can be used to treat bad burns as a secondary function (pretty well actually)
-faster stopping power then QuickClot products
-more effective then QuickClot at high altitude or when people are taking blood thinners.

and the graphic (simulations) video:

http://youtu.be/hhaJMZcywzo

from the manufacture

-Celox? works independently to body?s normal blood clotting mechanism. Unlike other hemostatic agents, it therefore continues to work when normal clotting is impaired such as in the potentially hypothermic conditions present during Medevac. It even continues to clot blood in extreme cold or when anticoagulants such as Coumadin or Heparin are present.
-Celox? technology also has an excellent safety profile. It uses chitosan, a natural polysaccharide (complex sugar) which:
-has over a decade of history in human clinical use in contact with blood vessels and a great long term safety profile.
-does not generate heat, and therefore gives no risk of burning.
-only clots the blood it comes into contact with and so does not initiate a wider or more generalised clotting response.
-is broken down in the body by lysozyme, a human enzyme, to leave glucosamine, a sugar which is normally found in the body***.

Celox? does not use or release any fine dispersing procoagulant minerals or alumina based clays such as smectitie or kaolin, which:
-do not have an equivalent history of human clinical use in contact with blood vessels.
initiate a more generalised clotting response.
-will remain in the body indefinately unless completely removed.