Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tundra Towing Endeavour

Re: Tundra Towing Endeavour

^^^

plus, the numerous wheels of the tow rig distribute weight better (over more area, less pressure/force) on the pavement and underlying infrastructure.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

The truck itself isn't going to carry that much weight, just the weight of the tow bar that's hooking up to the ball. They might even add weight to the bed of the truck so it has better traction.

Remember that the weight of everything may be 300,000 lbs, but that's not the force it has to pull. All it has to do is overcome the rolling resistance of the tires and bearings to get it started.

If this guy can move 416,000 lbs with his own two hands and two feet, I would think it's easy for a truck to pull 300,000 lbs.
    http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...ulled-by-a-man

Here's another:
    World's Strongest Man - In History - Heaviest Plane Pull - 1/3 Million lbs. Boeing 767
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I'm still very meh about the Tundra. I'm bored with everything Toyota these days.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Well sure, it's a publicity stunt that has already been rehearsed many many times to make sure it works. I'm not too excited about any vehicle these days.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

well if either of you hum drums who are unexcited about the Tundra happen across one for free anywhere just go ahead and snag it up for one very excited Rocko.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

now matter what, its going to be cool.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Agreed, I wouldn't mind being the driver to look in the mirrors and see a giant space shuttle behind me!

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Agreed, I wouldn't mind being the driver to look in the mirrors and see a giant space shuttle behind me!
    hell yea
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    I'm bored with everything Toyota these days.
    Two days ago I'd have agreed with you, having been somewhat looking at a crossover instead of another (bigger) truck. Today I don't, especially after driving these as well as the 3.5l equipped standard one's at a certain company's facility here near Menlo Park. Fleet of RAV's, 2wd and 4wd versions. There was even one "stanced" as-in like one of Gary's Forester's over @ MANN Engineering. Both the EV and 3.5 easily outpaced the Forester I had demo'd earlier on the same sections of highway.

I like the Tundra's, much more overall to them versus my usual GM route and more refined than a Ford. Now if they'd get a diesel in one, then I'll be impressed.

To the Off Topic of what Toyotas putting out, they are coming around slowly, and I see a bright future.

As for this stunt still can't wait!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast