Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MAF Cleaning - What brand of cleaner?

MAF Cleaning - What brand of cleaner?

Hey guys,

I know this topic has been discussed a lot and I've done all the searching and know how to do it but nowhere, other than the 4x4Wire write-up but I can't seem to find that kind of cleaner around here. I have tried several different local brands and they all seem to leave a slight residue behind.

So my question is...
    What brands of cleaners, electronics or brake, have you guys used and which do you think is better (if you have used both)?

Thanks,

Fink

Re: MAF Cleaning - What brand of cleaner?

I've used a few but most of the time I just use CRC Brakleen brand on my MAF wires.

Looks like this:

What brands were you using?
    Were they totally dry when you felt the residue?
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

One of them was a generic AutoZone brand and the other one was made by PB Blaster, can't remember the specific name.

I sprayed them onto a piece of metal and let them dry for about 10 minutes and after I touched it my fingers were glossy, not WET but definitely had a sheen.

Is that CRC stuff carried at any big auto parts stores?

Thanks for the reply Jamie,

Fink

I got it at Walmart up here, I think they carry it at Walyworld down in the US too.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I saw something at an Autozone recently that was an actual MAF sensor cleaner. Maybe it was at NAPA...but dont remember the brand.
    99 4Runner SR5 - Desert Dune<br />Bri-Mar 5x8 trailer, Toyo OC AT 265.75.16, PP Springs and Bilsteins, AirRaid MIT and Deckplate, Aftermarket HU w/ Sirius built-in

Sweet, thanks Jamie.

Thanks for the reply gpcollen, I've seen a few of those too but the one's I've seen have been upwards of $30 for one can.

I'll go check Wal-Mart later today, they carry some pretty good stuff these days.

Fink

Quote Originally Posted by gpcollen
    I saw something at an Autozone recently that was an actual MAF sensor cleaner. Maybe it was at NAPA...but dont remember the brand.
    CRC actually makes a MAF sensor cleaner but I've never seen it sold anywhere nor have I tried it.
    If some one has and knows where it's sold, post up.

Yeah I think that may be the stuff that I saw a while back, I wish I could remember where though. It may have been at O'Reillys.

Here's a link to a website that carries it:

http://www.midwayautosupply.com/show...iliateid=10050

Pretty expensive stuff.

Fink

Here's another variety, looks like it may be an older version but if somebody has seen this stuff that might be some good info too.

Fink

Don't bother with the specialty cleaners, brake cleaner works and it's a heck of alot cheaper ($33 for MAF cleaner ).
    Even the techs at the Toyota dealer use brake cleaner on the MAFs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast