Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holcomb Creek, Big Bear 10-21-2012

Re: Holcomb Creek, Big Bear 10-21-2012

I don't think there was a better line to make it through. I did't get good pictures of where i was stuck, but basically a huge bolder with not much on either side. some rocks were stacked, but they move around quite a bit. At that point I was on my gas tank, cross members, rear diff, and the tcase was touching the rock. If I had gone forward without stacking rocks, I would have tagged my tcase pretty hard and probably crushed the gas tank. As it was, I moved the gas tank skid over far enough to contact the diff. Maybe the other line would have been better, but I can't imagine that being the case.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

yeah theres no real good line over it and it just turns into a ground clearence test. Sean kicked butt all day out there! Mind you the obstical was made by short wheel base jeeps. They are better then us at break-over stuff by a lot!

Navigator

Damn that looks like fun.. I have some work to do :P I don't know if I'll be ready for that kind of trail by spring though Still need lockers, gears, non-stock skids, and of course, bigger than 31s... maybe by next fall.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12