Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Headgasket (finally)

Re: Project Headgasket (finally)

Thanks Mike, I found my impact gun (it was sitting in storage with other car stuff). Couldn't get that pulley nut off with my compressor at 120psi, but it popped right off when I hooked it up to my co2 tank at 200psi. Now to get the damn pulley off
    My signature

Chris, be on the lookout for block erosion where the gasket blew and cylinder gasses passed between cylinders. Myself and many others got free 3.0 engine blocks from Toyota for this reason. You might be able to take a good straight edge and at least do a rudimentary check before you start slapping headgaskets on.

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Thanks Mike, I found my impact gun (it was sitting in storage with other car stuff). Couldn't get that pulley nut off with my compressor at 120psi, but it popped right off when I hooked it up to my co2 tank at 200psi. Now to get the damn pulley off
    200PSI! Git'r dun.

Navigator

damn, 200psi?? good thing it didn't blow up XD
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Pulled the sparkplugs. #6 was a little damp (not bad), but #1 had coolant pour out when I pulled it!

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    200PSI! Git'r dun.
    I think the main problem is that all my lines and fittings are 1/4" and should be 1/2", but all my work stuff is 1/4". I need to get a dedicated air line with 1/2" fittings. Hoses are rated well over 200 psi as well as the gun
    My signature

I guess I will find out more when I tear it down more, but here's how the spark plugs read... Should I be worried?

1. Totally wet! Coolant poured out when I pulled it!
    2. Normal
    3. Dry, but heavy deposits
    4. Normal
    5. Dry, but some deposits
    6. Kind of wet, assumed it was coolant (this was the first I pulled and expected it to be wet, since that is the one that the HG usually blows in)
    My signature

I got your message about wiring. We usually go down in November but I'm not the one that keeps the calendar. I let you know if I find out anything but by all means, don't wait on me.

1 and 6 def mean blown HG of course. The deposits on the others could just be normal or a tiny bit of coolant made its way there.

Have the head checked and possibly decked I was you.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Air tools are your friend.
    Cupholder Mod

My air gun and the co2 turned up to 225psi will not budge the cam bolts or crankshaft bolt. My valve on the co2 tank is now broken so I can't turn it up to 300psi. Need to find a good compressor. FYI, my hose is rated to 300psi, so don't freak out. That's how I got the crankshaft bolt off to do my timing belt last time
    My signature

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast