Thread: Hurricane Sandy

Hurricane Sandy

SUVs aren't the most fuel efficient, but I wouldn't want anything else during a natural disaster!

[img width=800 height=449]http://i.imwx.com/common/articles/images/AP992242504107_980x551.jpg[/img]
    [img width=800 height=449]http://i.imwx.com/common/articles/images/eckert-4921_980x551.jpg[/img]

Re: Hurricane Sandy

I actual am acquainted with the guy in the first pic.
    The Runner was gassed up and ready to go in case of emergency,

Fortunately, the area I was in didn't see such extreme flooding.

No real flooding by me, shore is devastated however. We have been without power from sat night till tonight (just came back on a few hours ago). Powers still out in many areas, many downed trees and lines. If you lived at the shore, either your house is flood or worse-its gone and swept out to sea.

Many areas will not get power back for at least a week or more apparently as well.

Basically, this makes Katrina look like a walk in the park. About 80% of NJ has been without power, 25-35% is flooded so bad nothings left or still underwater, and the entire state has downed trees everywhere.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Glad you guys are doing well.

all i thought about re storm was "what will the cast of jersey shore do?"

^ It is a horrible shame that they were not in their house in seaside when it happened. Being swept out to sea live on camera woulda been most excellent.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Avy, your body ended up with a nice shot on the news! I had a similar picture taken by Reuters three years ago when it flooded in Sacramento. It wasn't a high resolution shot like your buddy's though.

I didn't even know about it until 4x4mike texted me and told me I made the news, haha.

Anyways, glad you guys are doing okay out there. The extent of the damage is pretty incredible.

Bumping an old thread. Watching the footage on the flooding in Houston, my first thought was "you should have been driving a 4Runner!"

The 4WD trucks didn't appear to make it any further up the bank than the Chrysler minivan. I see no 4Runners in the photo, so I assume all 4Runners made it over the river bank and home in time for dinner.