Thread: Headlight switch

Headlight switch

Hey everyone I got a ? for you all. I'm having problems with my high beams they work when I pull the switch to flash them but when i push the switch to keep them on they go out completely. I've had a "master" mechanic offer to fix it for me on the side but after 3 attempts they would work for a couple of days and that was it. He ended screwing me out of over 2 grand for rebuilding my engine and found out he swapped my block out with an older one and it only lasted me a month... sorry for the rant it still makes my skin crawl when i think about it. Any way I went to a salvage yard and found a 91 97 and 04 4 runner. I have a 94 pickup. Would the switch and wires be interchangable with any of those? Thanks in advance

Re: Headlight switch

Pick up or download the Factory Service Manuals along with the Factory Wiring Diagram Manual, they're invaluable.

As to the main intent of your question, there is a couple other factors first.

~Where is the vehicle? Different Country's=Different Electrical, ie: Daytime Running Lights.

~Condition of the wiring?

~Some wiring is slightly different from year to year, heck, even withing the same production period.

Tried switching out the dimmer switch since this is usually the one part people forget is integral?

If you're local to me I'll look, I just can't post/share the stuff online anymore.