Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SPAM?] FYI I must be out of my mind here: My Runner's Up For Sale

[SPAM?] FYI I must be out of my mind here: My Runner's Up For Sale

Feeler: 1995 4Runner 4wd+5SPD Swap $8500 S.F. EastBay-SanJose

*SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY* I goto the dealership within the next 10 days.

So recently I've been reevaluating my keeping our 4Runner versus the need for something I can haul parts/etc. with. I've got a great offer to pick up a new CrewCab Tacoma and know what the dealer offered. I'd prefer it goto a local Owner/Enthusiast versus an Auction. Call it personal, but after all I've done with this I want it to goto someone who'll take as much care of it as I did.

[img width=800 height=570]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-6lf4YnaQvNU/TuLFeFAmgvI/AAAAAAAAAmQ/6lLizjobCAc/s1024/IMG_0083.JPG[/img]

What I am asking initially is $8500. With all the work and parts I have in it, with everything running great after recent inspection and updates I feel it's a fair enough price to be asking. All the interior's in great shape, the dash is recently swapped and is also clean. Still haven't painted the right front fender and hood and of course there's the typical ding(s) on it.

Further build details are here" http://www.toyota-4runner.org/classi...150-build.html

PM me via T4R or just call my cell if interested, I may not be able to watch this thread during the working day.

I never thought I'd come to this decision but as a couple other members here can attest to, having a Tacoma Crew Cab has benefits and I'd be moving to a bigger powerplant that'll allow me to also tow our boat easier. *Yes, I could do a Swap, heck, I could get Justin @ ToyOnlySwaps to do it for 1/5 the cost but then I'd have to also do A/C, Cruise, etc.

Re: [SPAM?] FYI I must be out of my mind here: My Runner's Up For Sale

*BASH AWAY*

Ultimately it comes down to my being lazy about having to pull the baby seat out of the back at least 3-4 times a week to make room in the cargo area to fit parts in for some of our transfers/big account deliveries.

No bashing from me. I know how much a PITA installing car seats in these things are... especially rear facing. I'm also a fan of Tacomas.. having previously owned a '04 double cab.

I'm just gonna hang a sign in it this week and come Saturday take the wife and kid along to test drive a '13 DC 4wd w/ Auto. The wife brought up the idea of still going with a Swap as a second option since it'd be easily 1/5-1/6 the cost. I love my Runner, but I love the truck bed too. Tough choices ahead. I am finally to the point where I have adjusted my shifting habits since the accident and can deal w/ the 5speed, that said having a left leg with permanent nerve damage that can't hold pressure on a pedal affects my offroad enjoyment.

I never thought I'd be willing to reconsider an auto. :P Maybe I'll email a couple local shops as well as Justin @ ToyOnly to consider the options of letting someone else do some dirty work for me.

CC'ing this here.
    1995 4Runner 2wd Automatic (A340E) 3.0L 3-VZE to 4wd (5spd-R150) Manual Front Locking Hubs
    ~156,800 miles
    CLEAN TITLE
    Asking $8500 obo, SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY!

Body Mods
    ~2-1/2? Lift Kit Via FJ-Cruiser Coil Springs and 4Crawler (SDORI) Ball Joint Spacers
    ~1? Body Lift 1? Radiator Drop Brackets Via 4Crawler
    ~Frame Sliders / Nerf Bars Via BentUp Fabrication
    ~Marlin Front and Rear Armor Bumpers
    ~1990 Corolla Turn/Marker Lights
    ~Partial LED Conversion, Marker Lights, Rear Lights, Interior Cargo Overhead(s)
    ~JDM Driver?s Seat 6th Grab Handle
    ~NOS Floor and Cargo Mats
    ~JDM Baby Seat Tethers
    ~31? Tire Option w/ Full Size Spare
    ~Alpine Stereo Option w/ Integrated iPod Interface
    ~Optional Subwoofer
    ~Optional Roof Rack System
    ~Deleted Rear Heat Option
    ~Full Limo Tint
    ~Tacoma Whip Antenna
    ~Rigid Industry?s D-2 Flood / Driving Lights w/ Amber and Black Out Filters

Drivetrain/Electrical Mods
    ~Replaced Headgaskets+Top End Rebuild
    ~Recently Baselined including full tune-up w/ timing belt, water pump, pulley system, all fluids less than 500 miles ago.
    ~Doug Thorley (TRD Producer) Ceramic Headers *2-1/4? Full Flow CA SMOG LEGAL w/ SMOG ID PLATE
    ~High Flow Catalytic Converter to match 2-1/4? Headers CA SMOG LEGAL
    ~Full 2-1/4? CatBack Exhaust System CA SMOG LEGAL
    ~2wd Automatic w/ 3.90 gearing to Selectable 4wd 5-Speed R150 w/ Manual Hubs Swap w/ 4.56 gearing
    *Specifics*
    ~IFS Differential Frame Horns
    ~Rebuilt AISIN Hubs
    ~Non-ADD (Automatic Lockers) IFS Drive-side Front Differential Output Assembly and Shaft
    ~4.56 3rd?s Front and Rear
    ~Factory SR-5 Alloy Rims
    ~31? Tire Option w/ Full Size Spare
    ~Factory Automatic ECU and Cruise Control Assembly Via JDM Wiring Mod CA SMOG LEGAL
    ~Functioning Factory Cruise Control
    ~Integrated Electronic Transmission Module and Cruise Control into Clutch Start/Cancel Switch
    ~NOTE: **Clutch Start Bypass Switch Not-Used.**
    ~Again, as stated above all is 100% CA SMOG (CARB) Legal, Passes Clean
    *Both the Roof System and Subwoofer will be provided upon agreed sale price and upon request.
    *Full records of services and build
    *Spotlighted in 4wdToyotaOwner YourYotas
    *Reason for selling: Need a truck more than a SUV plaything.

Good luck with the sale, but I'd be surprised if you could get your asking price for it...

Being as realistic as I can, KBB and NADA list a 1995 4Runner SR5 4x4 in nearly flawless condition for about $3,000. You look to have about $4,000 in mods if I'm not mistaken; figure the "half the price of the mods rule" that puts you at about $5,000 if you find the exact right buyer... $4,000 to make it sell faster.

Sorry, it's the reality of the situation
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

I agree. At that value keep it and still buy the '13 or a used one if you want a truck. Why not just buy a beater truck if you're going to be using it for work.

Thanks man, I know. Ignore my temporary stress induced insanity. As said in another post just now, aside from the initial purchase price and maintenance I got a good chunk of money sunk into it. FWIW I pulled the Feeler Thread. My Wife came up to me tonight and asked if she "..let's me do an engine swap and helps w/ the expense can we keep it instead of buying a Tacoma right now?".

Man, I love her. Still would love a DC 4wd Taco though. Money for emergency's and house is a good thing to have on reserve these days.

Finished off the last little nag I had on something and took it out around 11pm for a quick and fun drive. There's no way I'd be able to have a new Tacoma without modding it. Seeing Nathan Hayashi's build results are just a hard thing to swallow.

~The short version, fok-it, be happy with what ya got and run what ya brung. I can do an engine swap, buy a trailer, etc w/ what it would cost for a new Toy-Thang. I got all my receipts from day one and comprehensive if the unforseeable ever occurs. (Lesson from the whole Buick wreck deal.)

For what it's worth my 1994 truck was extra clean and sold for almost twice bluebook value--bluebook was around $5,200 and I got $9,500 on the first day I had it for sale. There are many people out there (like myself) that are willing to pay more than bluebook for something extra clean, but it may take you a while to find a buyer like that. Good luck with the sale.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    For what it's worth my 1994 truck was extra clean and sold for almost twice bluebook value--bluebook was around $5,200 and I got $9,500 on the first day I had it for sale. There are many people out there (like myself) that are willing to pay more than bluebook for something extra clean, but it may take you a while to find a buyer like that. Good luck with the sale.
    Mak924rnr (I think thats how he spells it) got like 8500 for his 2nd gen in the bay area too. It can be done.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast