Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SPAM?] FYI I must be out of my mind here: My Runner's Up For Sale

Re: [SPAM?] FYI I must be out of my mind here: My Runner's Up For Sale

I'm likely just gonna hold onto it for now. I sent out a message/feeler about doing the engine swap.

I would [LIKE] a new Tacoma, same as I would [LIKE] a new 4Runner. That said I don't necessarily [NEED] yet. It takes the right buyer and honestly if I was to say sell it for $8500 that still leaves ~$22k over 60mo's and all 3 dealership's I talked to won't go lower than ~7% APR. That's ridiculous b/c the same 3 said to wait until Nov. and they'd help since I am a recent College Grad and more recently a Home Owner. Like I hinted at elsewhere, I think TMSA hates my guts now.

I like the idea of new b/c of warranty, that's about it. I'd still build upon whatever I got and for that sake I'll engine swap first. I got ~$4000 in replacement OEM parts on it already this year, I'm dug in too deep to give it up.

Maybe someone will step up to offer me something of a sweetheart deal. Time to use some connections??

* I say $22k left over also factoring in processing, license, etc-etc..

My advice: Don't buy new, buy 2-3 years old used. They will still be in almost-new shape, still under warrantee, and I kid you not about 65% the price of a new one. New car depreciation is ridiculous!

See for yourself: a well-optioned 2010 4Runner SR5 is about $30k, where as new it was probably $45k. It's lost 33% of its value in 2 years!
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12