Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat Cable

Seat Cable

Im not sure if any other years will work like a pick up with a split bench. I need a seat cable for the quick release mech on a bucket seat. Maybe one out of a pick up would work IDK.

Cant seem to locate it on ebay or on dealer parts sites. Cable looks like a bicycle brake cable with 2 adjuster nuts on the one end at the bottom of the seat with, then attaches to the mech that opens the seat lock so it can slide. The other side attaches to the upper portion of the seat and is activated by the tilt adjuster.

I would try the wrecking yard near me but its snowing like hell here!
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Re: Seat Cable

I can't remember the part # for that but any decent/competent bike shop Service Manager or Tech can make one, same as I have. It's just cable, housing and 2 cable knarps. If it's a 1 cable into 2 deal you just use a rear piece from an Odyssey Barspin kit.

*Post a pic of said part and I'll see if I can get you a P#.

Ill get pics tomorrow Obi (if the power dont go out again lol).

Its just one cable. About 1/4 diameter ball end, goes into the seat frame then down into a small 2 nut style clamp and it ends in an open ovular post that goes onto the seat. Looking at it all today and trying to rig something up-holy hell it has to pull alot of tension which is amazing cause I had to yank with pliers to do it myself.

Post a pic. Maybe I can make you one. I've got a couple file boxes of cable and housing. Overall length would be needed as well. Do they even have bike shops in NJ? J/k.

*NJ Bike shops are hurting right now, main source of transport since the storm means supplies are getting low. Seriously though, you or I could easily make these in less than 10 mins.

Seriously lol, we have been without power sporadically for 3 weeks now. I have power, in town they dont-and thats where the local bike shop is lol.

Anyways heres some pics:
    -The overall length is about 30 inches
    -Ball on the one end is 5.3mm
    -The other end has a loop sorta thing, it cant be removed as the cable seems either welded in there or glued or something-there are no seams. I suppose a round hole could work if I drill it large enough IDK.

I did find it (I think) on a toyota parts website, but the freaking thing is like 50 bucks!

Get it, $50 is relatively cheap for one of those.

Really?

I really dont need to spend the cash tho lol. This past month Im racking up the bills and I absolutely hate keeping a credit bill open. Got a ticket, registered and insured an atv (its VERY difficult here unless you got a title and guess what-no one ever does so when the dmv did it I didnt bat an eye and paid them), then I also had to pay my car ins. Dang it, why always at once do the bills roll in lol.

Sorry to gripe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast